[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This a damn good movie. Why all the hate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2052x2871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2052x2871
This a damn good movie.

Why all the hate?
>>
Because its not a damn good movie, its shit.
>>
File: 250px-Sybok.jpg (9 KB, 249x198) Image search: [Google]
250px-Sybok.jpg
9 KB, 249x198
>>62812018
RELEASE YOUR PAIN TO ME, AND GROW STRONGER FROM IT!
>>
>>62811810
Why does CIA... need a plane?
>>
It's kind of boring. Should've been called "Star Trek V: The Disrupted Vacation."
>>
>>62811810
It had some top level bro moments between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. You can't deny that.
>>
>>62812299
Very true. But still my least favorite ST film after their first one. Lamest villain also.
>>
Plodding confusing trash. Easily the worst Trek movie. Literally everything about it was not just bad, but bad in a bizarre way like The Room or The Happening.

Apart from the scene with McCoy and his dad, that was great.
>>
Because it's pretty dumb and WoK, UC and TMP are better.
>>
>>62812564
>the space mooooooooo
>>
>spend 15 minutes with the diplomats
>assume they're going to factor into the plot somehow
>only ever seen again in the background except for the Klingon who gets one line

It's like a different person wrote each page of the script.
>>
>>62812564

Just the idea of an evil Vulcan is silly to me.
>>
>>62811810
>This a damn good movie.

It really isn't. I mean, it has a kernel of a good idea, but it's just executed horribly in almost every way. The only redeeming feature is Kirk, Spock & McCoy camping in Yosemite.
>>
>>62811810
so wait, does that mean in the jj universe spock has his evil older brother too?!

could this mean the next movie is about the evil vulcan?
>>
>>62811810
Compared to what came before and what came directly after, it's meh.
>>
File: 1437507140758.jpg (191 KB, 1013x1500) Image search: [Google]
1437507140758.jpg
191 KB, 1013x1500
I was there on opening day, in the middle of a week long vodka and speed bender. Fuck, the 80's were the best, family of mine. Shit movie but still a sentimental favorite
>>
File: Kirk_scuseme.webm (3 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
Kirk_scuseme.webm
3 MB, 1280x536
>>62811810
>>62812093

Apart from that line... the movie really sucked.
>>
>>62812837
What evil Vulcan?
>>
>never watch any star trek in my life
>watch all the movies (and a bunch of TNG) in a week
>fucking love all of them

i love the cheesiness, i love the sincerity, i love the interactions between the team, and most of all, i love how shatner's acting gets progressively hammier.

i dunno what happened though, because now i'm back to not giving a shit about star trek. it's like i was possessed for a week, and now i'm back to normal.
>>
>>62813017
>why are they putting seatbelts in theatres this summer?

To stop people from walking out?
>>
Mmm...bourbon and beans
>>
>>62812564
Did they ever clarify if he was using mind control or was just highly persuasive?
>>
>>62811810
>Why all the hate?
they worked this fucking thing into the movie
>>
>>62811810
the hell is wrong with you OP

i mean at least that pedo who posts the little boy from Gotham has some standards. but this
>>
File: apocalypse_now_movie_poster.jpg (289 KB, 650x917) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse_now_movie_poster.jpg
289 KB, 650x917
>>62811810
Mash Kirk and Spock together and you almost have Kurtz.
>>
Its better by sheer camp than any of the TNG movies
>>
>>62815420
I laughed entirely too hard at this.
>>
>>62815259
Romulans probably.
>>
>>62811810

>damn good movie

Are you high or shit? Old hag Uhura's nude scene alone is enough to make this shit tier crap.
>>
>>62819551
you know. OP may have a point
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.