[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most pretentious movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6
File: brava.jpg (15 KB, 200x297) Image search: [Google]
brava.jpg
15 KB, 200x297
What is the most pretentious movie?
>>
>>62807753
Your favorite one
>>
>>62807753
OGF or Lost in Translation
>>
>>62807753
L'Adieu a Language
>>
salome
>>
pretentiousness doesn't actually exist. it's just a nonsense word invented by stupid people to make themselves feel better about being so goddamn stupid
>>
>>62807753
Stop using useless buzzwords kid
>>
Lost in Translation?

Most pretentious fanbase would be 2001. Christ that movie was so boring
>>
>>62807822
This to be honest family. Same with 'elitist'
>>
File: angry mob.jpg (199 KB, 1318x783) Image search: [Google]
angry mob.jpg
199 KB, 1318x783
>>62807861
STRING THIS ONE UP
>>
Salo, Holy Mountain, Once Upon a Time in America, Frances Ha, Wes fucking Anderson,
>>
>>62807901
>movies I just don't like: the post
>>
>>62807753
Anything by Malick
>>
>>62807753
Never seen one, doesn't exist as far as i'm concerned

>>62807782
OGF?
>>
>>62807939
Only God Forgives
>>
>>62807753
Anything by Malick or Christopher Nolan
>>
Inception & Interstellar
>>
>>62808000
Oh alright, i haven't seen it. It's probably just straight up bad
>>
>>62807753
Dear White People
>>
>>62807753
movies i don't like/understand
>>
>>62807901
>The Holy Mountain
jesus christ I agree with this opinion so much

fuck that retarded movie
>>
>>62808390
Do you like/understand surrealism? This thread is pleb general apparently
>>
>>62807753
waking life
>>
>>62807901
>Once Upon a Time in America

god that piece of shit is overrrated
>>
>mfw there's people pleb enough to reply to these threads and agree with the premise
>>
>>62807753

movies understood by women
>>
anything black and white
>>
>>62808002
>not anything by Darren Aronofsky
>>
>>62808015
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>62808425
dildofucking a robotic cube vagina, old man tiger nipples and a "lol it was a movie all a long" 4th wall twist ending aren't things with some deeper hidden meaning, it's all a bunch of stupid bullshit strung together incoherently by the whims of a fucking hack
>>
>>62808642
Sure thing buddy
>>
Fuckin' Scarface man... Maybe i just expected too much after allllll the fuss
>>
>>62808425
Jorodowsky is a hack, try watching some proper surrealism like Buñuel you pleb.
>>
>>62808693
>I don't know what pretentious means
>>
>>62807753
The entirety of Lars Von Trier's filmography. Pretty sure Trier is german for tryhard.
>>
>>62808699
I do. Doesn't mean i can't like Jodo as well you autist
>>
edge of tomorrow
>>
>>62808726
No one in this fucking thread and possibly this entire board actually knows what it means
>>
>>62808699
>Jorodowsky is a hack
no, he's just a tryhard.
and you're a pleb.
>>
>>62808679
Yes, it is a sure thing. But by all means, continue acting like a pretentious snob.
Be sure to insinuate some more that the rest of us "just don't get it man". You fucking tool.
>>
File: Inland_lelmpire.jpg (7 KB, 400x216) Image search: [Google]
Inland_lelmpire.jpg
7 KB, 400x216
/thread
>>
>>62808726
Scarface fans are pretty pretentious about it
>>
>>62808765
What kinda response did you want fám?

>stupid bullshit strung together incoherently by the whims of a fucking hack
This isn't criticism, it's memetalk. I won't waste my time arguing with you unless you articulate something coherent.
>>
Hiro should filter pretentious and replace it with kawaii
>>
>>62808815
this desu senpai
filter "reddit to "4chan" too
>>
>>62808425
>>62808761
Jorodowsky is the hackest of hacks you filthy plebs.
>>
>No mention of Birdman
Good to know because that movie isn't actually pretentious
>>
>>62807865
That's stupid. The only thing false about being elitist is the notion that it's somehow bad. Those with discerning taste are elitist. That's how you wind up with sophistication in the culture.

Pretentiousness is absolutely real. Disingenuous intelligence, relatives? It's people talking out their ass, aka - shitposting, aka - /tv/ in a nutshell.
>>
>>62808812
The burden shouldn't be on me to drudge up meaning from inane garbage. If there's truly some significance behind all that pointless bullshit that we're just not "getting", then I'm all ears.
>>
>>62808815
>>62808752
Spot the people that got called out for being pretentious and are absolutely assravaged about it
>>
>>62808866
>He's a hack
>No, you're a pleb
>No, he's a fucking hack
>Nah, you're a filthy pleb
Just nuke the board, everyone here should just commit suicide

>>62808936
>The burden shouldn't be on me to drudge up meaning
Reconsider your view on art, you sound like you'd be better off reading a magazine. As for the meaning of the film, you'd understand it better if you knew about kabbalah, tarot and that kind of stuff. I did my research after watching it and watched it again, i recommend you do the same.
>>
>>62809005
>Just nuke the board, everyone here should just commit suicide
Starting by people that think Jorodowsky amounts to anything.
>>
>>62809067
Starting by people that make baseless claims. I don't have a problem with people not liking him, i don't even love his stuff, i just respect him. I have a problem with people just calling each others plebs and hacks without actual criticism, it's like kids arguing with each other.
>>
>>62809005
>you'd understand this idiotic garbage better if only you knew more about some other even more idiotic garbage

fucking hell I hate you stuck up hippy dippy new age tarot card obsessed faggots
go get your palm read after you shove it up your ass you fucking dipshit
>>
>>62809132
It's not a baseless claim to say his movies don't amount to anything, it's a fact. He's the go to choice of pseudo-intellectual overanalyzers such as yourself.
>>
>>62809142
>hippy dippy new age tarot card obsessed faggots
Did you even read my post? I said that i didn't understand a lot of it, but then i did some research and could understand the movie better upon rewatching. I don't believe in any of that, but i'm clearly arguing with an idiot, so bye.

>>62809200
>He's the go to choice of pseudo-intellectual overanalyzers such as yourself.
There goes another baseless claim
>>
>>62809229
>There goes another baseless claim
Please do provide your interpretation of The Holy Mountain.
>>
The Dark Knight Rises
>>
Synecdoche, New York

Jesus christ even putting that comma in the title like that is painful to type
>>
The films of Stan Brakage, specifically "Dog Star Man"
>>
>>62809273
Whatever i write you'll just shit on it. You can find some on the internet if you're actually interested in understanding the film, which i doubt. I'd also have to go over a lot of symbolism, most of which is obvious, and i don't feel like you're worth the effort. Either read some stuff on it and try to understand, or just continue not understanding and thinking it's garbage, it won't affect me either way.
>>
Pretty much nothing is pretentious.
Most of all things that already had time enough by being critically- by anyone- evaluated could only be called this meme word by people being contrarian.
>>
Solaris by Andrei Redditovsky
>>
>>62809396
So you admit your interpretation is just regurgitating what you read on the internet, good to know.
>>
>>62809273
You don't get it man, we just don't get it man, you have to get hippy jew magics and mystical crystals man, TO get it, man. Do you get me man?

The more vague, obtuse and seemingly meaningless the scene, the more meaning behind it there IS man. That's the magic miracle of cinema
>>
>>62809512
You're shitposting and shooting in the dark, but actually there's lots and lots to be admired in the 'randomness' of images and constructions to The Holy Mountain. But you're a plot kid, so whatever.
>>
>>62809510
I didn't read anything of that, i did my own research. I'm just saying that if you want to be spoonfed, i'm not the one that's gonna do it.
>>
>>62809652
>i did my own research
You googled "what does the holy mountain mean".
Just stop pretending you're knowledgeable, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
The Driver
>>
File: MRu4pSu.jpg (244 KB, 860x1200) Image search: [Google]
MRu4pSu.jpg
244 KB, 860x1200
pic related
>>
>>62809723
Please stop autisting
>>
>>62809723
Nice projection, i guess you've run out of shitty arguments and are straight up telling me i'm lying. Just stop replying because after this one i will
>>
>>62807861
Wow. Right there. "Pretentious" means "boring" to someone whose brain can't fathom the subtext of a great film.
>>
Anything made by Godard.
>>
Citizen Kane
>>
Donnie Darko
>>
File: 1391041823123.jpg (10 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1391041823123.jpg
10 KB, 480x480
>>62809800
>Nice projection
You don't know what this word means.
If you actually had some interpretation that isn't copy paste from some shitty website you would have said it by now.

>Just stop replying because after this one i will
ayy
>>
File: reactionimage.png (444 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
reactionimage.png
444 KB, 465x455
>>62809784
thats not a revolver tbqh f.a.m.
>>
>>62808727
That's so weird because I've never seen a LVT movie that didn't have themes that got explored via cinematography and dialogue... So there's certainly no pretense there.
>>
Requiem for a Dream. Just the name alone could be enough without the movie's actual retarded pretentiousness.
>>
>>62809784
This is actually a good choice
>>
This thread isn't even honest. It's just people trying to trigger others. ShakeMyHead
>>
>>62807753

A Field in England

No discussion.

Still kind of liked it but it was the most pretentious dribble I've ever watched to be honest family. Which is a shame because it started so great.
>>
>>62809937
>implying anyone actually knows what pretentious means
a movie that explores themes at all is the new definition of pretentious
>>
>>62809919
No, I think revolver in this case is refering to the main character.
>>
every hipster has his own black and white european movie from the 50s that NO ONE has heard about
>>
Boyhood
>>
>>62810021
I probably have heard about it, considering I'm not a plen.
>>
A tie between Magnolia and Crash.

I can tell that Tree of Life is in the same vane as these and I avoid seeing it like the plague.
>>
>>62810179
Philistine & pleb & proud

Way to go, lád
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.