[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S1 True Detective : S2 Fargo :: S2 True Detective : S1 Fargo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: fargo.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
fargo.png
1 MB, 1440x900
>GOAT stylized atmosphere
>Underlying mysticism/supernatural force that probably won't pay off but whatever
>Interesting, memorable characters

vs

>Bland, cookie cutter characters
>Standard police procedural plot
>Over the top dialogue

Get memed on hard boys. Also, last night's Fargo was solid.
>>
TD S1 > Fargo S2 > Fargo S1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TD S2 killyourself pizza

I'm really enjoying S2 of Fargo. The showrunners stepped up their game.
>>
>>62801705
nah, they're just ripping off more movies to compensate for the weaker cast.
>>
>>62801705
They totally nailed the 70's French-Connection action movie vibe. Loved the use of the split screen last episode.
>>
I'm glad I'm not alone in recognizing that Season 2 is a lot better than Season 1.
Also,
Fargo S2 > Fargo S1 > TD S1 >>> TD S2
Never really liked True Detective much, I think it's insanely overrated, especially on /tv/.

>>62801786
>weaker cast
That's bullshit. But I suppose you already know that and are just funposting.
>>
>>62802046
Please then, elaborate on how the cast of fargo season 2 has been able to pull off better, more nuanced performances than anyone from season 1.
>>
>people still think TD is/was good

This meme needs to end, really.
>>
Both are great
i agree that fargo is more unique
>>
>>62802110
Not who you're replying to, but despite most of this board's attention going to Dodd and Mike, Dunst is giving the best performance across both seasons with Peggy as the most nuanced character.

She really sells Peggy's undefined brand of crazy with the dreamy, faraway look in her eyes and the jittery nervous energy. She seems both completely set on her bullshit rationale and uncertain. The look of delight rather than fear when shocking Dodd was chilling
>>
What bugged me the most about TD S2 was how the creator took everything that worked in season one and threw it away.

Also

It was a humorless slog. TD S1 had some light moments but goddamn nothing in S2 was light.

Also The cast never seemed comfortable in their roles esp Vaughn who was miscast.

I was not a fan how Palazzo threw away the metaphysical aspect of season one. It was deffanlty a huge middle finger to the fans of it. And deffanlty not a fan of the open ended conclusion.

TD S2 was Palazzo's Machine Metal Music that's for sure
>>
>>62802110
There's a lot to be said for subtlety sure, but there's a certain vibrancy to the acting this season that feels just a bit more natural. The characters aren't all muted like they just found out that they had cancer. Having an actual cancer patient as a character probably helps that contrast though.
>>
>>62802278
dodd:
>I'M ANGRY

mike:
>hello, I am the smart negro character from the dave chapell show.

dunst:
>i do not feel strongly about anything, one way or the other.

Everyone in s2 has one single mode. Absolutely zero range from anyone so far.
>>
>>62802310
> but there's a certain vibrancy to the acting this season that feels just a bit more natural.

I guess if your definition of "natural" is "deadpan."
>>
>>62802362
I agree with you regarding Dodd; most of it is /tv/ splerging over a non-PC gruff dumb-ass.

There are subtle moments in Mike's scenes with Lou and Hank where his accent slips into something much more murky and threatening but mostly you're right

I don't think that's a good reading of Peggy or Dunst's performance though; she's made up of barely concealed dissatisfaction and paranoia rather than apathy
>>
File: 1400903316406.jpg (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1400903316406.jpg
63 KB, 625x626
>>62802362
Really?

So therefore you don't see Dodd as a guy who has serious women issues with his mother and daughter, denied the throne by his mother and treats everyone around him like a pet

Or Mike as a man who is haunted by his negative mother and looks at opportunity in every setback. Looks to challenge stereotypes who quotes jabberwocky on the way to a shooting

Or Peggy as a woman with deep deep mental problems who hoards beauty and travel magazines. Looking to change her life and run off to hollywood. Living in a deep fantasy world as evident by her glazed looks and unwillingness to accept reality

I guess we are not watching the same show then. Or perhaps you need to stick to something easy like Walter White or Sheldon from Big bang
>>
>>62802576
>she's made up of barely concealed dissatisfaction
Sure, that's the way the character is written, but dunst really isn't doing anything to show it.

Also the only way you could get "paranoia" is if you misread the OCD collection stuff. She's been pretty anti-paranoid the whole show.
>>
>>62802650
I like how all your counters to his argument are things that were directly and overtly stated in the script.
>>
Peggy is going to burn her house down with all those magazines.

Screencap this post
>>
>>62801629
I see Fargo is the new flavour of the month.
Gonna laugh hard when you faggots start hating it.
>>
File: S1 Fargo.jpg (310 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
S1 Fargo.jpg
310 KB, 675x900
S1 Fargo will always be GOAT
>>
>>62802650
don't bring goat BrBa into this
>>
>yfw Peggy intentionally murdered a dude just to have an excuse to leave town
>>
TD s01 > everything, but as for now fargo s02 is the best thing on tv, i love it
didnt like the last nights ep tho.. don't know why
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.