[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly preferred Casablanca over Citizen Kane. There was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: casablanca.jpg (26 KB, 338x358) Image search: [Google]
casablanca.jpg
26 KB, 338x358
I honestly preferred Casablanca over Citizen Kane.

There was some prime bants and the vibe was cool.
>>
>>62794206
Watch Sunset Boulevard
>>
>>62794206
Watch Double Indemnity
>>
Citizen Kane: 4/10
Casablanca: 10/10
>>
File: It's Beautiful.jpg (84 KB, 672x480) Image search: [Google]
It's Beautiful.jpg
84 KB, 672x480
>>62794249
>>62794264

These. Holy fuck, those were comfy.
>>
Lawrence of Arabia, Doctor Zhivago, Ben Hur >>> Giant >>> 12 Angry Men >>> Casablanca >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Citizen Kane
>>
Casablanca is a puddle of piss compared to Kane.
>>
>>62794374
I love Ben Hur, senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax7wcShvrus
>>
>>62794374
The Silent Ben-Hur was much better than the 50s one.
>>
>>62794408
Yeah except it wasn't and saying so is only an attempt to be a contrarian. It's like saying a stick figure is as good if not better than the Mona Lisa
>>
>>62794495
The fuck are you talking about. William Wyler was an assistant on the silent one and pretty much copied all of its ideas when he remade it.
>>
>>62794206
Why are you comparing them?
>>
>>62794206
Treasure of the Sierra Madre > Casablanca
>>
Well I preferred, "The Thin Red Line" over, "Saving Private Ryan".

>he probably preferred mulholland drive over lost highway
>>
File: on_the_beach.jpg (438 KB, 1281x1000) Image search: [Google]
on_the_beach.jpg
438 KB, 1281x1000
This film shits on every movie so far mentioned in this thread
>>
How many of these films are on Netflix?
>>
File: bigsleep.jpg (109 KB, 762x615) Image search: [Google]
bigsleep.jpg
109 KB, 762x615
>>62794206
Check out The Big Sleep for more top tier Bogey bants.
>>
>>62794770
Raymond Chandler was the bantz king
>>
>>62794647
>triggered
Lost Highway lets the viewer comfortable with scenes that are pre-chewed to facilitate comprehension, whereas Mulholland Drive has few to none regard for the viewer and is impenetrable at it's very core. This quality alone makes MD superior, simply because it's easier to get tired of Lost Highway.
>>
>>62794561
Ok, fair enough. Let's say they're practically copies of each other. Difference is one of them has color, sound, and REAL acting. The original literally has nothing on the remake. The experience is objectively enhanced in the remake
>>
>>62794849

You've got it completely backwards.

MD was literally DL's Oscar bait version of LH after he realized the latter was too far ahead of it's time.
>>
File: index_10.png (59 KB, 455x451) Image search: [Google]
index_10.png
59 KB, 455x451
>>62794893
>one of them has color,
>has color
>color

Colour you faggot
>>
So you like cvckcore over patrish kino? You're not welcome here
>>
>>62795133
Excuse me four not wahnting tou add useless eckstra characteurs
>eat shit, limey fuck
>>
>>62794903
>MD was literally DL's Oscar bait version of LH

This is one of the most banal, reductive things I've ever seen written on /tv/, shame on you.
>>
I prefer Casablanca, but Kane is objectively better in almost every way.
>>
Ace in the Hole is another great film from Billy Wilder
>>
>>62794264
>>62794249
Watch The Lost Weekend or The Apartment or Five Graves to Cairo or Ace In The Hole or anything by Wilder really, the man was a genius.
>>
>>62795292

It's both three year old pasta and the truth...
>>
>>62795343
MD and LH have a similar narrative structure, but if you think that makes them the same movie, you're a pleb of the highest order. They explore entirely different themes.
>>
File: 1430236883613.jpg (91 KB, 886x862) Image search: [Google]
1430236883613.jpg
91 KB, 886x862
>tfw Rick probably died within a few days after the ending
>>
>>62795133

>on my little island in my little sea we do things this peculiar way

Travel a bit, or at least post during non-bong hours if that's the only way you're going to get any culture.
>>
>>62795401
All commonwealth countries spell colour with a u, it's literally just the ignorant Amerifats who don't.
>>
>>62795413

Even if you weren't on an American website you'd still be the minority...
>>
>>62794374
>12 Angry Men >>> Casablanca

Hello reddit
>>
>>62794206
Watch "The 3rd Man".
>>
>>62795133

>not spelling it color
Illiterate.
>>
>>62794374
This man knows his shit.

Dr Zhivago is the best out of all those, though.
>>
>>62794770
Best part is when Bogie puts on fake glasses and bents his hat to look like a square book nerd. And then it's implied he bangs the cute book store clerk.
>>
>friendly reminder Rick was the first kekold ever
>>
>>62794206
>I dont stick my neck out for nobody

I thought that was good advice. I used to be a beta who would OMG DO ANYTHING FOR YOU for people. I can tell you what that got me back, nothing but problems and not a single reciprocation.
>>
>>62797582

He wasn't a kekold. He was going with a married woman without knowing it.
>>
>>62794206
>watching shitty granpa movies
>>
>>62794616

Sierra Madre > High Sierra > Casablanca > The Big Sleep > To Have and Have Not > In a lonely place > The Maltese Falcon > The Petrified Forrest > They Drive by Night > Key Largo.
>>
I get you're comparing them because they're both 40's American "Classics" but the comparison is kind of pointless

Kane is the indisputably better movie. Both innovative and displaying mastery of the techniques already common in film.

Casablanca is just a fun studio movie everyone's grandparents loved. Not a significant movie by any means, but a nice Noir-lite really pulled together by its atmosphere. I too always loved the wartime/bohemia feeling of the city of DP's.
>>
>>62797610
Just imagine Rick in Africa thinking about Victor plowing Ilsa in America... He is a max kekold. Period.
>>
>>62797648
Technique means little when the movie is that uninteresting. Citizen Kane is just a boring studio movie everyone's grandparents loved.
>>
>>62798625
I disagree on both counts. Form is worth far more than content, and I personally enjoy Citizen Kane. I do understand why people would not love it though.
>>
>>62798625
Citizen Kane's okay as a story thanks to the epic scale of Kane's life, but Casablanca's got a lot more compelling, dramatic story that has maintained its appeal. Kane's a bit dated in that regard, while still a fine picture.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.