[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Films that renew your faith in God.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: covers_777.jpg (146 KB, 909x1280) Image search: [Google]
covers_777.jpg
146 KB, 909x1280
Films that renew your faith in God.
>>
Please respond.
>>
>an athiest movie renewed your faith in god
>>
>>62791248
I didn't interpret the ending that way.
>>
>>62790658
The Elephant Man. This will sound bonkers but the ending is the closest thing I've had to a spiritual experience in my life. It just touches me in a way I can't explain.
>>
>>62791489
Where did the Elephant man touch you? You can tell me.
>>
>>62791248
>An atheist can't make a religious movie that isn't fedora circlejerking
>Habemus Papam
>>
>>62791248
>bergman
>an atheist
I think not
>>
>>62791564
ok well you're objectively wrong
>>
Does Passion of the Christ work?
>>
3/10 troll thread, I was going to say "too obvious" but from the replies it seems some posters aren't getting it...
>>
>>62792759
still, nice to see Bergman mentioned on here without his usual films attached. Can't decide if Winter Light or Persona is his best.
>>
I found pic related very moving, although I remained an atheist.
>>
One day I'm going to make more webms of this movie
>>
was this the one where sydow's character commits suicide
>>
>>62791248
>Christian existentialism is now atheism
Do you think Diary of a Country Priest is also an atheist movie?
>>
Ordet (1955)
Way, WAY better example than Winter Light which is pretty much about how God either abandoned us or doesn't exist.
>>
>>62792803
True shit. Those are my two favorites also.
>>
>>62792803
Winter Light is great but his best is actually Fanny and Alexander.
>>
LOST rejuvenated my faith in Anglicanism
>>
>>62793418
What the FUCK does this sentence mean?
>>
File: tothewonder3.png (970 KB, 1426x604) Image search: [Google]
tothewonder3.png
970 KB, 1426x604
>>62793205
If you were to do that you would have at least one person appreciate you.
>>
>>62792803
persona emasculated me so completely i was actually gay for a few years. i started to frequent bathhouses and eventually caught some STDS, including HIV. I take my medication regularly and I should be ok. I'm still a fan of bergman and persona is still my favorite movie.
>>
>>62791544

>He thinks Bergman was an atheist.

My poor child.
>>
>>62790658
It augmented my reflection on the relative meaninglessness of the human existence for sure.
>>
>>62791376
I interpreted the ending as the priest and others lacking faith but going through the motions anyway. Haven't seen it in awhile so my memory could be foggy and I could be full of shit.
>>
>>62794256
Was he not?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.