[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE JUST MAKE SOME FUCKIN GUNS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE JUST MAKE SOME FUCKIN GUNS
>>
>>62788901
because guns are for fags
*teleports behind u etc*
>>
>>62788901
would you know how to build a gun out of base materials
>>
Remember that movie where it was the MOB that controlled time travel?

Yeah, this show is that kinda stupid, but its a world without guns. After a war that did..something? And now everyone uses blades. And opium.

But don't worry. In season 2 or 3, someone will have a gun for some reason and no one will know what to do. Because this is TV, the home of lazy writing.
>>
>>62789016
>tfw I really liked Looper
Dammit. It was really the aesthetic that got me, the cyberpunkness of it all. Everyone has new tech, but it's all beaten and worn, like the people.
>>
>>62789016
id bet the season finale is someone findin a gun
they're not going to waste any time and just jump the shark with the first season
>>
>>62789005
I would.

But only because I sought out information and over a few years learned the basic process of gunsmithing enough to where I made a shitty little gun that shot .38 SPL. Then I trashed it because the bore became warped and I became too busy to even fuck with a second attempt. So yeah, maybe people in the future will be affected by laziness like me and won't bother with trying to improve their learned skills.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00671.jpg (56 KB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00671.jpg
56 KB, 1916x1076
>>62788901
It's called suspension of disbelief.

We don't have a source material, so we don't know the details. Guns might be confiscated and/or not exist only in the Badlands.

Remember Donni Yen wannabe didn't know how to read. If you eliminate literacy and enforce feudalism, it is plausible that the people would lose all knowledge of material sciences (metallurgy, mechanical engineering, etc.) within a couple generations.

Again, it is plausible, you need to suspend your disbelief and enjoy it. We will learn the whys and hows as the show goes on.

I enjoyed the first episode. Post-apoc ninja mystery? Sign me up.
>>
>>62789249
agreed. The writing wasn't that great and the cinematography had its holes, but it's fine. The show has enough things going for it to compensate for these things.

Curiously excited to see how this show plays out
>>
>>62789337
Nicely put.

Theories on the black eyed kid?

>nano machines leftovers from the war
>grandkid of some gene modified super soldiers from said war

Please don't be something supernatural
>>
>>62789406
its clearly the avatar state
>>
>>62789337
Actually cinematography was great, it was writing and general storyboarding that was flawed.
>>
>>62790482
Too many quick cuts on the choreography. These guys seem trained, they should shoot the fights in a more eastern style
>>
>>62788901
My goodness this show is shit. Can't wait till it gets cancelled.
>>
>>62791126
too many overhead shots too
>>
>why is this kung fu show about kung fu
>>
File: Rain Fight2.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Rain Fight2.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>62791126
>Too many quick cuts on the choreography.

bull fucking shit there were
>>
>>62791126
they did, your eyes are just shit, they shot with a Hong Kong crew and fight director.
>>
Its a magic kung fu show okay guns aren't going to be in the show up until the last fight when the hero has to use his martial skill to defeat an overconfident gunslinger.
>>
>>62789249

You can't just give a setting random, arbitrary limitations and say "SUSPEND YOUR DISBELIEF LMAO" when people call out how arbitrary it is.

If the setting isn't compelling enough to make a person suspend their disbelief then that's the fault of the writers. I think they realize this how arbitrary their no-gun limitation it is, too. Hence why they tried to get out in front of it by saying "it's the future and guns are outlawed".

If the setting was even remotely well-written we wouldn't be fixated on the lack of firearms. The writers pretty much have to beg us to hold off on calling bullshit. That's sad, and poorly done.
>>
Kung fu flicks always have suspension of belief because guns would ruin most of it. If there were frequently guns drawn then we wouldnt get the fight scenes. So we have to pretend like its not a legitimate option just like reloading in a huge shoot em up like one of arnold's films.
>>
>>62791257
that webm just proves there were too many quick cuts
>>
>>62788901
Do swords run out of bullets?
>>
>>62791352
mr. editor over here
>>
>>62791339
then dont watch a kung fu series you fucking kek

you have to have a suspension of belief no matter what the show or film so why not accept no guns so we can see guys punch and kick one another
>>
File: rco744[3].gif (12 KB, 500x99) Image search: [Google]
rco744[3].gif
12 KB, 500x99
>>62789005
All you need is a basic understanding of how guns work and a desire to make one. Shit's stupid easy.
>>
>>62791359
no but you can shoot someone in the face with a gun
>>
>>62791339
pretty sure you're just autistic
>>
>>62791389

Plenty of good kung fu movies don't have to preface themselves by begging me not to call bullshit on some stupid rules layered over the narrative.

Drunken Master didn't straight up ask me to suspend my disbelief about a drunkard being able to kick everybody's ass despite the implausibility of that. It just showed me cool action sequences of a drunkard kicking everybody's ass and I didn't think about it too hard.

Into the Badlands makes the "we have no guns lol" meme so front and center that it practically forces the audience to snap out of their suspension of disbelief and ask questions. It's sloppy writing. You can't just handwave away sloppy writing with a bad premise and tell me to "sit back and enjoy it". That's ridiculous.
>>
File: kirk-gorn-cannon.jpg (58 KB, 618x370) Image search: [Google]
kirk-gorn-cannon.jpg
58 KB, 618x370
>>62791392
>>
>>62791339
See
>>62791345
>>
>>62791475
Drunken Master isn't a fantasy movie, it's just about Jackie Chan punching people in turn of the century China you retard
>>
>>62791475
The fact that you can't just sit back and enjoy it means that you're pretty high strung amd should probably focus on cooling down rater than a pretty decent show with a cool concept.

Also can we talk about the fact that Sonny sent the kid out into the badlands with no weapons or training, even though when he was out there before (presumably with no weapons) he got fucked over and stuffed in a trunk.
>>
File: david-carradine-kung-fu.jpg (42 KB, 473x379) Image search: [Google]
david-carradine-kung-fu.jpg
42 KB, 473x379
Why didn't anyone just shoot Kwai Chang?
>>
>>62791352
Only 2 actual unneeded cuts. I think you need to stop parroting and actually watch more modern flicks to know what "too many cuts" mean.
>>
>>62791392
Yeah but remember a lot of these people can't read. And how the fuck can you understand how a gun works if there are none?
>>
>>62792212
It's basically like saying "build a computer"
"What the fuck is a computer?"
"Idk just make one you fucking idiot"
>>
ow
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.