[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fourteen years old as of yesterday. A 3 BILLION dollar franchise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 27
File: Halo1zoom.jpg (134 KB, 640x317) Image search: [Google]
Halo1zoom.jpg
134 KB, 640x317
Fourteen years old as of yesterday. A 3 BILLION dollar franchise and STILL no theatrical adaptation.

What is wrong with filmmakers? In pre-Avatar Hollywood this would have been the 2 Billion dollar movie.
>>
>>62785352
Too busy remaking Rush Hour and Uncle Buck
>>
>>62785352
If your 14 you're not allowed to post here.
>>
They were trying to make it for years. It got stuck in development.
>>
>>62785352
>STILL no theatrical adaptation.
Because no one wants one.
>>
>Wanting a movie adaption of a First Person Shooter

Even the official novelization for Combat Evolved was boring as shit because describing gun fodder filler is boring. Videogames are stuctured inherently differently because you control it. Plus every live action Halo special to date has sucked ass. Drop it Frankie.
>>
Its about the rights to the movie.
They actually almost came out with one a while back but scrapped the project. Theres still some good footage on youtube somewhere.

They'd rather do crappy miniseries than a potentially epic movie franchise.

The fall of reach would have been the perfect book to write a movie script off of.

There is so much character in the series that the games fail to show.the books are where its at.
>>
You really can't condense the plot of Halo into a two hour film, it would seem so rushed.
>>
>adapt fall of reach beat for beat
>attain cinematic universe and money falls from the sky forever
>>
>>62785417
Who's playing Uncle Buck?
>>
>>62785494
A black guy.

I'm serious.
>>
>>62785492
This

They could even make movies based on ODST fighting rebels and shit. The stories and adventures are endless.
>>
>>62785489
Nobody gives a shit about the plot from the games.
>>
>>62785484
fall of reach movie would've been a great sci fi flick if done right

the story line of combat evolved has enough there to be able to put out a good movie
>>
>>62785352
No actor wants to be a faceless fighter.
>>
File: 1303002359702.jpg (123 KB, 851x719) Image search: [Google]
1303002359702.jpg
123 KB, 851x719
>>62785352
Halo is stupid, go home manchild.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrcAGc6-gm8&app=desktop

They were gonna, but then Microsoft bought Halo from Bungie.
>>
>>62785352

I never understand the hype surrounding Halo, it's boring. The story line isn't even anything to get excited about and the game play is awful.
>>
>>62785352
Fuck off.
>>>/v/
>>
>>62785520
So Eddie Murphy in a fat suit. Thanks again Jews.
>>
>>62785664
Halo was the bees knees under bungie.

343 maked it a colossal fuckup though.

Books are better than the game desu senpai
>>
>>62785431
>If your 14 you're
it's like you actually know which to use where but couldn't be bothered to write "you're" twice
>>
Go watch Foward Unto Dawn and the other countless live-action fan films on YouTube

Then come back here when you're ready to watch movies that aren't based on video games for children
>>
File: 1438216679424.jpg (7 KB, 300x303) Image search: [Google]
1438216679424.jpg
7 KB, 300x303
>mfw Bungie got out before Microsoft began whoring the name like crazy and diluting the quality with rushed development and endless sequels
>mfw even their commercials and trailers were better than the million dollar mini-series 343 has crapped out
>>
Here's the thing, its the video game movie curse. Microsoft doesn't want to eat a million dollar shit sandwich that harms the brand if it does poorly at the box office but then again they don't need a movie to do that Will Warcraft break it and prove theres money in it? Unlikely
>>
>>62785664
First game was great but then it started to take itself too seriously and focus on gay alien drama, such a shame.
>>
I just want a movie where Humanity isn't this 'noble, overcoming all odds, ubermensch' species that miraculously beats the alien invaders with our ingenuity and force of will.

I'd rather see a movie where Humanity is locked in a desperate, ugly, struggle for survival and in the process is forced to discard all of its abstract values like liberty, morality, valor, gallantry and ultimately has no choice but to relegate control of all its institutions over to superintelligent AI who operate on cold-logic.

Aliens movies are typically so "Rah! Rah! Humanity!" it's sickening.
>>
THREADLT REMINDER REACH KILLED HALO

>worst maps in the franchise
>shitty tryhard artstyle
>terrible campaign with no emotional weight and a story that retcons a far superior book
>boring sandbox
>armor abilities that broke the game flow
>>
>>62785791
Play Reach.
>>
>>62785352
Its shit, the story is shit, the characters are shit, the enemies and bosses are shit the weapons are shit the protagonist has no face its all shit do not ever want.
>>
>>62785755
and here I am, still buying the games because I have literally nothing better to do with my money
>>
>>62785815
Kek, nope.

Reach still had a great Campaign, the artstyle was Bungie attempting to inject realistic military utilitarianism into futuristic Sci-Fi. 343 fucked everything right up, Reach was different, maybe even a bit worse, nowhere near franchise killing. Custom Games were GOAT in Reach.
>>
>>62785489
The first game would make for a pretty decent sci fi adventure.

Act one is escaping the covenant and crash landing on Halo.

Act two is exploring Halo and covenant ship to find out why they are obsessed with it. Meeting with the monitor who explains shit around the time the Flood show up.

Act three would be them battling the flood and escaping as they trigger the self destruct or whatever.

Keep the characters to a minimum, just have Chief and Cortana who maybe bond during the movie, plus Johnson as a sidekick and the Monitor for exposition.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRlWLDWhGI
>>
>>62785835
>bosses

confirmed for never playing Halo, there's about two "boss battles" in the entire first trilogy plus ODST and Reach
>>
>>62785791
literally the plot of the book fall of reach
bungie butchered it with that atrocious last game and 343 takes it a step further by butchering the entire EU with their bullshit
>>
>>62785733
The Master Chief saga is tiresome and they keep inventing ways to try and revive it.

Reach on the other hand, was fantastic. They should do more standalone stories, it might make the campaign worth playing.
>>
>movies based on games
>books based on games
Trash
>>
>>62785791
Like the last days of Nazi Germany but Hitler found a way, set in space.
>>
File: 1443932575105.jpg (69 KB, 842x737) Image search: [Google]
1443932575105.jpg
69 KB, 842x737
>>62785815
>Reach
>Not the most solid all around package of all the games
>>
>>62785870
False, customs were GOAT in 3, reach had one map worth using for forge and everything looked the damn same, the forge community was not as good.
>>
>>62785889
>bungie butchered it with that atrocious last game

What? Halo Reach did a fantastic job of depicting the Fall of Reach as a depressing, hopeless struggle.

Even though you knew the ending (the tagline was literally "from the beginning, you know the end) it was still an amazing story to see unfold.

Or are you butthurt that they just retconned a shitty book with a slightly better story?

Regardless, Reach story alone deserves a movie.

And not a halfass gay fucking shitfest like Forward Unto Dawn. Even if they just used the graphics from Halo 5's cutscenes or even Halo 2 Anniversary to make a movie, that would be amazing.
>>
Tell them to make it count.
>>
>Video game
>Translating well into movie franchises

Resident Evil is the only one I can think of that didn't completely bomb. I like Dark Souls. That doesn't mean I want to go see a Dark Souls movie.
>>
>>62785943
That would be 3
>>
>>62785791
> Humanity being a 'noble, overcoming all odds, ubermensch' species that miraculously beats the alien invaders with our ingenuity and force of will

I love this everytime and all the time, try and stop me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWBlKy7SLdY
>>
>>62785352

because it's shit
>>
>a theatrical application of a franchise that is basically "madlibs: successful sci-fi"

I mean I get that hollywood is getting so derivative they're not even waiting a full decade to remake shit anymore, but there is absolutely nothing unique about halo. Which is saying a lot, considering it's competition.

The series is popular because it got normies and retards into FPS by making the genre slow, simple, and easy. How do you translate that to film?
>>
>>62785973
Sandbox was way too barebones in 3. Reach was the jack of all trades, master of none, but it was hardly franchise killing.
>>
>>62785952
>halo reach has a better story than fall of reach

I've been arguing about how shitty reach is since the day it's come out, and I've NEVER heard anyone claim this
>>
>>62785947
>reach had one map worth using for forge
Nope, DLC maps had their own unique canvas's for Forge.
> the forge community was not as good.
It was much better you actual moron. There were more shitty maps, but there were some fantastic maps and mini-games, much more than Halo 3. Halo 4 put the customs community to bed with it's shit customs support. Reach customs were objectively better.
>>
Also filmmakers hate the idea of a faceless protagonist, even though it kind of worked in Dredd
>>
>>62785952
>Or are you butthurt that they just retconned a shitty book with a slightly better story?

pretty much this
that book more or less established the EU and associated canon, and is probably the only one that could be taken seriously as a piece of literature and yet bungie and 343 feel the need to disregard it
>>
>>62785996

also, remember how the doom movie turned out?
>>
>>62786016

Regardless you have to agree with me - if it were any Halo story to be adapted on a big budget big screen, it would be Halo Reach/Fall of Reach.

Harvest has an honorable mention.

The defense of Earth can be a sequel i guess. They'd have a hard time depicting Chiefs time on Halo into a good movie though.
>>
>>62786017
>>62786017
>more good custom maps in reach than 3

Guess you didn't play 3 enough
>>
>>62786016
I mean, the Fall of Reach actually covers proportionately less of the Fall of Reach than Reach does. It's mostly about the Spartan II's in boot camp. Bungie could've thrown in a nod to Fall of Reach if you had some awesome level where you fought along Spartan II's.
>>
>>62786036
Contact Harvest is alright too
>>
>>62786069
>nod to Fall of Reach if you had some awesome level where you fought along Spartan II's.

I think Jorge was more or less a nod to the Spartan 2's being one himself
>>
>>62785352

>Would have been the 2 Billion dollar movie

Lolno. There is no such thing as a successful & quality videogame-based movie. They are all shit. You cannot adapt a game into a movie properly, it never works well.
>>
>>62786064
It would be fall of reach, if halo reach was chosen it would be garbage.

Halo: The flood would be the sequel
>>
>hur dur Reach retconned Fall of Reach

GLASSED PLANETS HAVE BAD RECORDS

No one really knows for sure what happened on Reach because the planet got glassed to hell.
>>
>>62786067
Nop.

Every custom game in 3 could be replicated in Reach, and Reach added a ton of options for customs for it's own customs. Literally objectively better.
>>
>>62786108
Literally an ONI shill
>>
>>62786108

What exactly does it even retcon? Why can't they exist side by side?
>>
>>62785931
Yeah exactly.

Something that really highlights the depth of human depravity when survival is on the line. I'm tired of humans being this 'savior' species who uphold all these 18th century liberal values and are a beacon of righteousness, fairness and enlightened thinking in a galaxy inhabited by space barbarians or zealots.

Humans aren't nice.

We put on a good show when it's for our best interests, but human history is irrevocable proof that we are a dirty, ugly, vicious, and our celebrated 'morality' and values are the first things to go when push comes to shove.
>>
>>62786143
ONI did 10/27
>>
>>62785463
Like that's EVER stopped them.
>>
>>62785983
>Diverse and fascinating galaxy
>Every creature besides one heartily agrees that humans are the most interesting and awesome creatures in the galaxy

What a fucking American game.
>>
>>62785647
That's the commercials for Halo 3, not an official trailer
>>
File: photo.jpg (25 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
25 KB, 437x437
>>62785791
>>
>>62786152
Apparently Fall of Reach happened over the span of a single day while the game took over the course of a few days.
>>
>>62786203

I'm pretty sure at the time that there was hype because Neil Blockkamp or whatever the fuck his name is was going to make a Halo movie and this was sort of a teaser

Then he said "fuck this" and made District 9 instead
>>
>>62786203
no, the commercials for hal3 involved the museum of humanity stuff, talks from veterans from the war, and the one CG trailer with chief and the bubble shield
>>
>>62786268
Pretty much everyone said "fuck this" and just let bloomkamp make whatever he wanted. As halo has simply nothing to offer. Its the story of an invincible flawless asexual supersoldier killing all the aliens and saving all of humanity over and over again.

You can't make a movie about that.
>>
>>62785870
>great campaing
Protecting people & shit, learning nothing knew about the univers/story, characters are just cliché from a 90's war movie. Boring.
>>
File: 1445900134179.png (75 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1445900134179.png
75 KB, 400x240
>>62785735
or he does this to bait 14 year olds.
>>
File: halomovie2.jpg (82 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
halomovie2.jpg
82 KB, 640x640
>>62786345
We were close.
>>
>>62786203
Peter Jackson was producing a halo movie with Blomkamp as director, but then he started District 9 and Jackson lost interest.
>>
>>62786202

its actually from canada
>>
File: halomovie3.jpg (112 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
halomovie3.jpg
112 KB, 640x640
>>62786392
Were it so easy
>>
>>62786202
>go toe to toe with leading military force in the galaxy immediately after discovering FTL without planet-wide conscription
>human protagonist nearly single-handedly kills Reaper and stops galaxy-ending event
>still get shit from other races for being too militaristic and actually trying to prepare for the Reapers
>every other race is a collection of stereotypes
Now that you mention it, humans do = Americans in ME
>>
>>62785483
Forward Unto Dawn was perfect, suck my dick.
>>
File: halomovie1.jpg (123 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
halomovie1.jpg
123 KB, 640x640
>>62786416
The Great Journey waits for no one.

Not even you.
>>
>>62786282
And those clips. The guy just mixed them up
>>
>>62786437
Now Nightfall, now that is true heresy.
>>
>>62786069
That is a huge part of the story though. The bootcamp gives spartans an entire origin story. Without it, its just "a cool robot with spaceguns shooting aliens" where nobody gets emotionally invested and it turns out like garbage.

Reading how spartans were trained and created was the best part of the entire story.

Without it, mastercheifs whole team turns into litterally who's.
>>
>>62786345
so don't make it about chief. even now, no one made anything staring him aside from his younger self when he was still a normal human.

anything that has any actual story focuses on people other than chief, see Forward Unto Dawn where we are introduced to lasky, ODST featured a normal grunt trying to regroup with their squad in a bombed out city, and Reach focused on everything else except for the chief, and the only mention we have of it is the nod when you take Cortana to the ship.
>>
>>62786360
>Implying you didnt cry when Jorge sacrificed himself
Fuck you guy.

>>62786479
I have not seen it.
>>
>>62786345
>You can't make a movie about that.
Have you never seen an action movie in your life?
>>
is there a way to filter all tripfags?
>>
>>62786184
Is that what you want or is that what you've been told?
>>
File: ethan.jpg (49 KB, 1356x763) Image search: [Google]
ethan.jpg
49 KB, 1356x763
The solution to all of the problems brought up here is to make it about the ODST instead of the Spartans
>>
>>62786393
That's not what happened. The movie was being co-produced by 20th Century Fox and Columbia Tristar. The budget was set at $125 million, but to complete the movie as planned Blomkamp and Jackson wanted it expanded to $150 million.

Fox were fine with this, but Columbia Tristar got cold feet and didn't want to pitch in the extra money, tanking the whole project.

TL;DR, Sony Pictures/Amy Pascal ruin everything. Again.

Also god damn /tv/, not one of you mentioning ODST for best game? The most cinematic, beautiful-looking and noirish game in the series with a god-tier Jazz soundtrack and non-sequential narrative. Clearly the best.
>>
>>62786404
Canada is just an extension of the US.

>>62786425
>go toe to toe with leading military force in the galaxy immediately after discovering FTL without planet-wide conscription
Are you referring to the Revolutionary War? Because the founding fathers were extremely well educated, rich, and had access to the most up to date technology of the era.

>human protagonist nearly single-handedly kills Reaper and stops galaxy-ending event
Are you talking about World War II? Because no single person made a massive difference. Maybe McCarthy, but that was on the pacific front, when the real threat was on the western front.

>still get shit from other races for being too militaristic and actually trying to prepare for the Reapers
What? US military has been a joke for the past 30 years, and we're actively withdrawing from the Middle East, which outside of domestic affairs, is our biggest threat.

>every other race is a collection of stereotypes
Who all think Americans are retards, which is the complete opposite of Mass Effect.
>>
>>62786529
The ones that aren't shit aren't about invincible super-soldiers effortlessly defeating everything
>>
>>62786268
>>62786393
But there was no trailer, the production didn't even start.
>>
>>62786392
Looks like something from District 9
>>
>>62786437
It was surprisingly good and I hate NuHalo. Why did they have to shit all over Chief's design and why couldn't they afford the voice actor?
>>
>>62786069
the book establishes the EU: spartan lls origin, ONI, the future spartan llls, the start of the covenant war, Key's and Halsey's origin stories, and ultimately the fall of reach and the destruction of most of the remaining spartan lls, etc
>>
>>62786437
Forward Unto Dawn was not only surprisingly great once they cut it into a feature-length film, but also a better Ender's Game adaptation than the actual Ender's Game movie.
>>
>>62786558
I like to think most of /tv/ didn't grow up playing captain king saves the universe, so they don't know or care about the series.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRV2MX_5Y0s
>>
It was attempting but it fell through, and at this point Halo has to rip off other first person shooters to stay relevant instead of the other way around.
That and 343 has fucked the plot to death.
Also the plot was never that good to begin with.
Also halo was never that good to begin with.
Also fuck you.
>>
Half Life is better in every way and it doesnt have a movie either, fuck off kek.
>>
>>62786564
The movie wouldn't play out like some teenager speeding through the campaign on Normal difficulty. Either way most people love OTT action. I'm still convinced you haven't seen an action movie before.
>>
File: fps.jpg (103 KB, 602x792) Image search: [Google]
fps.jpg
103 KB, 602x792
>Suddenly /tv/ likes Halo

What happened?
>>
File: 1447494073325.png (427 KB, 514x662) Image search: [Google]
1447494073325.png
427 KB, 514x662
>>62785755
>mfw I bought a PS4 instead of a Bone
>mfw I abandoned the sinking ship
>>
File: 1441835763343.jpg (7 KB, 228x223) Image search: [Google]
1441835763343.jpg
7 KB, 228x223
>>62786560
>"Are you talking about World War II?"
>He doesn't know about the American-Shizno War on Deltron B
>>
>>62786552
Yes.
Id watch the fuck out of that.
>>
>>62786636
Ebin maymay

DAE Gay-lo Reach-around!?
>>
>>62786629
>most people love OTT action
only when it doesn't take itself too seriously (MoS) or too flippantly (shoot-em-up). Which halo is simply incapable of doing.
>>
File: more robot than man.png (1 MB, 1025x914) Image search: [Google]
more robot than man.png
1 MB, 1025x914
>>62786552
ODST would probably be the best adaptable game. Better world building, interesting cast, higher stakes since they aren't encased in half a ton of super-armor.
>>
I remember playing this at my friends house on his xbox. His cousin would bring his xbox and we'd hook the two up and play his cousin and brother in the other room.
Good time
>>
>>62786669
Just because its been reposted a lot (and it upsets you) doesn't mean it isn't true. Halo was successful because it was able to force the FPS genre to work with god-awful console controls through auto-aim, choice limitations, and general reduction of necessary player action for success. It laid the groundwork for all the terrible games that were to follow in the "console shooter" genre.
>>
>>62786202

You say that like its a bad thing
>>
>>62786629
without all the epic setpieces of a halo campaign, there really isn't anything left of note to the franchise.

>sci-fi bootcamp: the movie
oh boy
>>
>>62786648
Onto another sinking ship?
>>
File: 1426437000768.jpg (321 KB, 782x788) Image search: [Google]
1426437000768.jpg
321 KB, 782x788
>>62786763
>imblying Halo wasn't a huge step forward in every regard from corridor shooters of the past.
>>
Halo 5 barely sold well. A movie would bomb even if the quality was good.
>>
The DOOM move was bad and that was based on an actual good game. What chance does Halo have?
>>
Big Team Battle drops this week boys
>>
>>62786849
The Halo 3 and ODST Live action shorts were GOAT. Good proof of concept, but they also lack a narrative, which I doubt you could incorporate well.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrOvnXjlcBA
>>
>>62786794
Given that games like system shock 2 and Deus Ex had come out a year earlier, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.
I'm assuming that by "corridor shooter" you mean games like half life, which is still a much better and more well designed game than halo ever was. Half of halo's single player was wandering around corridors anyway. Go replay The Library if you don't believe me. There were one or two fun levels like The Silent Cartographer and Halo, but most of the levels in Halo's singleplayer were hot garbage.
This has nothing to do with /tv/ so this thread should probably just be /trash/ed.
Halo is still the video game equivalent of Avatar. Did a good job popularizing something for the normies, might be good to bring up in mixed company, but if you really look at it critically, it just doesn't hold up.
>>
>>62786965
This thread is about making a movie.

Unless you have a severe case of autism this has everything to do with /tv/ to be honest family.
>>
File: 1445635390108.jpg (8 KB, 355x396) Image search: [Google]
1445635390108.jpg
8 KB, 355x396
>>62786965
>Half of halo's single player was wandering around corridors anyway.
>Implying this isn't all of Half-Life's gameplay
>Implying this isn't all of System Shock 2's gameplay
>>
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 799x1142) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 799x1142
>>62785569
o rly?
>>
>>62786777
Of course. I'm just saying the ayyylmaos wouldn't be a total joke like when you play the game on Normal. I think it's really obvious that Halo can easily be adapted to an action blockbuster with or without it being from Chief's pov
>>
>>62786636
Halo was one of the first decent 3d FPS games, unless you were a mustard race autist.
>>
>>62787137

that's half a face and he got a lot of fucking positive press for the acting he did with the bottom of his face.
>>
3 > 2 > 1 > 4 yes?
>>
>>62787154
When was Quake released?
>>
>>62787205
overall:
3>2>ODST>1>Reach>Wars
campaign:
ODST>2>3>1>Reach>Wars
multiplayer:
3>2>Wars>Reach>ODST>1
>>
>>62785352
Well if its story wasnt a laughable rehash of every military sci-fi book/movie ever maybe it would have a better chance at an adaptation.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 639x639) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 639x639
>>62785431
>>62785551
>>62785580
>>62785694
>>62785753
>WHAAAHH IM TOO NORMIE FOR VIDYA GAMES

fuck off to a different thread then
>>
>>62787214
Don't forget Doom.
>>
>>62787107
Nigga you're almost certainly talking to 1 14 year old whose first system was an Xbox. He doesn't know any of those games.
>>
>>62787300
bungie's marathon came before halo.
>>
>>62785352
>A 3 BILLION dollar franchise
that only /v/ gives a shit about
>>
>>62787244
The bait and switch with 2's E3 demo pissed me off. plus the game lacked all the color 1 and 3 has.

>>62787137
Plus they'd get a Big Guy. They seem cheap. Cast one of the Mountains for added hype and have MC's and Cortana's voice actors do the voice overs.
>>
It's because Microsoft want full creative control and 50% of the profits.

Fucking idiots. Game writers are the last people who should have a say. Just imagine a Halo movie written by 343.
>>
>>62787214
>>62787300
Never took off on consoles, not relevant
>>
>>62785492
>>62785554
The problem is, you couldn't really call a Reach movie Halo, because there's no halo.
>>
>>62787382
Halo 5
>>
>>62787435
The PlayStation version of Doom was published and developed by Williams Entertainment and released on November 16, 1995. This version spent six months in development.[15] It is almost certainly the best selling version of the game after the original PC version. It was re-released several times, first on the Greatest Hits range in the US, which requires that games have sold at least 150,000 copies there, and on the Platinum Range in PAL regions, which indicates that it sold over 600,000 copies in those territories.
>>
>>62787445
>He didn't finish the campaign
>>
>>62785352
A movie like the one neill blomkamp was planning would have been great.

NEW Halo, since 4, has adopted this really ugly shiny aesthetic. Forward Unto Dawn looked like a disgusting fucking fan film and yet this is the style that MS wants now.
>>
File: 1384980875914.jpg (40 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1384980875914.jpg
40 KB, 225x225
>>62787479
>>
>>62785791
That's basically Halo only edgier.
The UNSC was being dickheads even before the aliens showed up to curbstomp rebels.
>>
>>62787265
>Halofag
>complaining about normies
AHAHAHAHA
>>
Back to /v/eddit you fucking cancerous sperg posters>>62785352
>>
>>62787482
Whatever, you could argue Operation Wolf was a popular FPS. Goldeneye and Halo were the groundbreaking games of the genre on popular gaming platforms and in culture.
>>
>>62787786
You tried so hard and went so far.
But in the end, it didn't really matter.
>>
>>62785791
Basically Ender's Game
>>
>>62785483
Fall of reach (the book, not the game) would have made a fantastic movie
>>
>>62786784
>outpacing PS2
>sinking
Uh
>>
>>62785791
>I'd rather see a movie where Humanity is locked in a desperate, ugly, struggle for survival and in the process is forced to discard all of its abstract values like liberty, morality, valor, gallantry and ultimately has no choice but to relegate control of all its institutions over to superintelligent AI who operate on cold-logic.

This is what happens in Halo any time Master Chief isn't around.

The only reason humanity doesn't get wiped out is because Master Chief and Cortana go in and personally kill every covenant leader, disrupt every attempt at activating a Halo, and somehow manage to prevent every Flood infestation.

Before then- and everywhere else the MC wasn't- the humans were dealing with civil wars, martial law, and were losing planet after planet to alien genocide.

When you play as an ODST in Halo: ODST, the entire city you were meant to save gets wiped out from orbit.

In Halo Reach, everybody dies and the planet gets wiped out from orbit.

When you don't get to be MC in a Halo game, the best you can hope for is that you buy him enough time to do his thing.
>>
>>62785791
That's exactly what warhammer 40k is.
>>
they did try to make a movie and it got turned into district 9. apparently peter jackson was attached make it and he dropped out to do the hobbits
>>
>>62785815
Halo 1 may have had a far better single player, but multiplayer in reach was the best
>>
They made several movies, but they all bombed cause mentally stable people don't give a fuck.
>>
>>62786062
Pretty fun to be honest family
>>
>>62785483
there is plenty of material from the halo universe to make a film different from a fps
>>
>>62787107
In fairness, at least in system shock 2 you wander around a MAZE of corridors instead of just a linear path of corridors.
>>
>>62787990
Why do you care how well its selling?
It's becoming pretty obvious that there are no games for this piece of shit and probably never will be.
Actually persona 5 might be good.
>>
>>62785952
Please shut the fuck up & re-read the book you retarded Reachfag.
>>
>>62788822
>re-read
>implying he read it to begin with
>>
>>62785943
Reach campaign was ass, its firefight was ass, its multiplayer was ass, hell even its forge & theater were ass. It doesn't matter how complete the package was if the entire game including its shit gameplay (which was possibly the only Halo that didn't feel like a Halo game gameplay wise) were shit as well. Halo 3 was the perfect send off for the franchise. We didn't need the shit fanfictions that are ODST, Reach, Halo 4 , Spartan Assault, Spartan Strike, Halo 5, Halo Wars, or even Halo Wars 2
>>
>>62786108
Halo Reach was an ONI fabricated story. The Fall of Reach was the real story.
>>
do your fucking job mods

theorycrafting on other boards, faggotry
>>
>>62785352
>Fourteen years old as of yesterday.
That explains why you so clearly want to fuck it
>>
>>62788503
There are plenty of games, why else would people buy it? People are playing Fallout more recently it seems, as it came out like last week.
>>
>>62787498
Halo fans know that Fall of Reach is the start of the Halo saga, but normalfags don't.

>Know that there is some videogame called Halo
>Go to see "Halo: The Fall of Reach"
>Why is it called Halo
>>
>>62786794
The concept of games that were nothing but 8 or so hours worth of completely linear corridors didn't exist until after halo popularized them.
>>
File: pO08oacY.jpg (144 KB, 1179x1179) Image search: [Google]
pO08oacY.jpg
144 KB, 1179x1179
They just released an animated adaptation of The Fall of Reach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SGy1W4Vsjg

No idea if it's good or not
>>
>>62785569
They could just never show Chief out of armour and pull a Star Wars with his regular voice actor dubbing someone else.
>>
>>62787107
SS2 had depth in its item management
>>
>>62789214
Kek
>>
>>62788944
>even forge and theater were ass
What?
>(which was possibly the only Halo that didn't feel like a Halo game gameplay wise)
Oh, you're just nostalgiafagging hard.
>>
>None of these noobs remember Marathon

Security Officer > Captain King
Durandal > Cortana

This is fact.
>>
>>62790448
>"My name is Cortana, of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durendal."

Gotta love how Bungie refused to leave their Marathon lore behind. I really did love how self referential they were. Too bad they're husks slaving away at Activision now.
>>
I read the original script for the Halo movie they were planning.

It was so bad. Be thankful they never made that movie.
>>
>>62785791
This also was the central focus of the last season of Falling Skies. It got a little dark.
>>
>VIDEOGAMES HAVE GOOD STORIES TOO GUYSSSSS

unlike comic books, video games merely exist to engage the viewer through gameplay instead of storytelling.
most games have stories equivalent to amateur fantasy or sci fi novelists.
much like modern hollywood. the storytelling doesnt matter as long as enough money is behind it.
>>
The Peter Jackson Halo movie fell apart because studios couldn't agree on funding and Microsoft was really strict about what the studios could do.
>>
Spielberg's Halo show is still happening at Showtime.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/steven-spielbergs-halo-tv-show-in-very-active-deve/1100-6429806/
>>
File: pepe awakens.jpg (119 KB, 695x642) Image search: [Google]
pepe awakens.jpg
119 KB, 695x642
>>62785483
Are you fucking stupid? When did "video game adaptation" mean a verbatim replica of the original's storyline -- including pacing, dialogue, etc.

Why would you bother explaining why a direct translation from the game to film wouldn't work? Whom the fuck are referring to? Jesus Christ you're fucking stupid/
>>
>>62785973
3 is the worst you fuckbrain shitter
>>
File: 1429050094868.jpg (32 KB, 650x442) Image search: [Google]
1429050094868.jpg
32 KB, 650x442
>>62785352

>no co-op on halo 5

I just wanted to play with my little brother on the couch like I have for almost a decade now.

Fuck you 343, fuck you to hell and back. I don't even play video games anymore but halo was a sibling tradition.
>>
File: 1444609336008.png (435 KB, 853x477) Image search: [Google]
1444609336008.png
435 KB, 853x477
>>62793475
>>
File: 1428288474881.png (111 KB, 300x333) Image search: [Google]
1428288474881.png
111 KB, 300x333
>>62786117

Reach can't touch Halo 3 when it comes to custom games. Most of the popular custom games on Reach are direct remakes with improvement to halo 3 classics.
>>
>>62786036
Ghosts of Onyx was good too, but I agree, I was pissed when they just ignored the book. Still enjoyed the campaign, and I liked the astetic.
>>
>guys in spacesuits fights with aliens
>why don't they make a movie for it guiiiize?
>>
File: MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg (36 KB, 300x428) Image search: [Google]
MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg
36 KB, 300x428
>>62795256
>>
>>62785815
I bet you're just mad I kept headshotting you crossmap with my pistol in SWAT.
>>
The Halo hype train has been dismantled awhile ago, Halo 4 was an abortion of a game, 343 tried to mix Halo and CoD into a single game and fail miserably, all the ppl who barely got to buh 4 dont care about 5 at all, and we been playing since H1 (CE). The interest for a movie is at the lowest level possible, it coulda been big years ago, probably after 3.
>>
>>62785352

>a guy who never takes off his helmet and his hologram

not exactly a great film setting
>>
>>62785352

Halo 5's plot was basically capeshit in tone and pacing
>>
>>62785755
>mfw Bungie got out before Microsoft began whoring the name like crazy and diluting the quality with rushed development and endless sequels
Only to get stuck with Activision for the next 10 years making a shitty 5/10 franchise - Destiny

Bungie was always shit and retarded.
>>
>>62796496
>and his hologram

Not anymore she's not
>>
>>62785352
If I was making this film I wouldn't start with the story of master chief. Maybe start with the fall of reach and Noble ream, have like a gritty story of their deaths and the begging of the war with reach. Just to give people a taste of the universe

I don't think people want a movie with the equivalent of "superman space marine" who just kills stuff for 2 hours. It just sounds boring
>>
File: 1444457367183.jpg (18 KB, 480x282) Image search: [Google]
1444457367183.jpg
18 KB, 480x282
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99vQ0DD4VCg
WATCH THIS AND TELL ME YOU DON'T WANT A FULL-LENGTH MOVIE OF THIS
>>
>>62797304
To be perfectly fair, post-bungie halo isn't the reason anyone wants a halo movie.

People want a halo movie because they wasted their childhoods playing that shit.
>>
>>62798660
I don't want a full length movie of that.
>>
>Halo movie past-Halo 3 era

No. Nobody cares.
>>
>>62785352
>>/a/utism
>>
>>62785352

They said they'll do a tv show produced by Spielberg when XBONE came out... Dunno if it's working.
>>
Forward unto dawn was good
Nightfall was ok
>>
>>62789399
You can play fallout on anything.
>>
>>62785352
Have the script from a decade ago.

filedropper.cm/halomoviescript-garlandalex2-6-2005
>>62785484
>>
>>62785483

A well-made movie based on The Fall of Reach would have been excellent.
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.