[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jeez, Neill Blomkamp got btfo so bad for his new Alien movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 122038749.jpg (65 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
122038749.jpg
65 KB, 1024x768
Jeez, Neill Blomkamp got btfo so bad for his new Alien movie I almost feel bad for him. It's like the moment that the popular kid wanted to do it everyone dropped him immediately and turned to Ridley.
>>
>>62784775
>It's like the moment that the popular kid wanted to do it everyone dropped him immediately and turned to Ridley.
What in the hell are you talking about?
>>
He shouldn't have fucked chappie so bad

And what he was pushing for his movie was worse than anything Ridley is gonna come up with
>>
He'd be more popular on >>>/celeb/ with the reat of the fookin prawns
>>
Ridley was always gonna do the Prometheus sequel. Blomkamp's Alien movie was a completely separate thing.
>>
>>62784800
He was supposed to do Alien 5 and they put him on ice because of Ridley's Alien: Covenant.
>>
>>62784775
True story is that the producers saw Chappie and decided they wanted Blomkamp as far a way from any new project as possible
>>
>>62784829
But just accidentally got put on hold the minute Ridley announces he'll reveal the xenomorph's origin and all that in Prometheus 2?
>>
Maybe next time don't let meme musicians like Die Antwoord take over your movie
>>
>>62784775
>Blomkamp
>one hit wonder
>each of his movies have gotten progressively worse

>Ridley
>tons of experience
>many great films under his belt
>seemed to be going senile for a while
>still puts out one of the most lauded scifi movies of the decade

Shit on The Martian for being "pop science" or whatever meme label is being used now but it was good and audiences everywhere thought it was solid. Scott can still churn out hits while Blomkamp has been going downhill since the start of his career.
>>
>>62784888
Most of the problems with prometheus were the script, not the directing. With Lindelof gone maybe it'll be a much better movie
>>
>>62784888
>still puts out one of the most lauded scifi movies of the decade

The Martian was a shit film, the shitty memes and humor only made it worse.
>>
>>62784952
One of the new writers is the guy who wrote the Green Lantern movie, it's dead on arrival.
>>
>>62784952
Lindeof didn't even write the damn script, he more or less was the script doctor. The script itself was fucked by some guy named Spaihts, who can't conceive a coherent plot about Space Jesus
>>
>>62785051
Iirc the guy who wrote the final version was happy that the third act was obtuse and convoluted, he said that people arguing about it amuses him, that little shit.
>>
>>62784824
>bumping this meme

It's never gonna happen, sport. We like this place too much now.
>>
>>62784888
>Shit on The Martian for being "pop science"

It's "Sound in Space-Sci-Fi".
I fuckin liked it nevertheless.
>>
>>62784888
Ridley isnt perfect and frankly there are only a few of his movies I really like, but blomkamp is pure shit. He got lucky with district 9 but every movie he's done since has been shit. He's the new m knight shimymalalawan
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.