[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any fans of The Knick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: the-knick-01-hd-wallpaper.jpg (109 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the-knick-01-hd-wallpaper.jpg
109 KB, 1920x1080
Any fans of The Knick?
>>
Anyone?
>>
I'm sure there's a couple out there.
>>
>>62781742
Yes but I refuse to watch it in any less than bluray quality so I have not seen season 2 yet.
>>
Why is the qt nurse dating that rich guy she really doesn't like? Is Gallenger sterilizing those yids at the school for free?
>>
>>62782981
BLACKED when?
>>
>>62782981

>Why would a woman marry a rich guy even if she doesn't really like him
>>
I was hoping that it'll improve bland storylines and predictable character work from s1, but it got even worse now, storylines don't feel connected at all.

It's a lot like Boardwalk Empire - set design, directing, cinematography and acting are all fantastic, but script drags everything down
>>
>>62783039
especially after getting keked by Thack
>>
>>62781742
There's a few of us Knickggers here on this board, but we are few and far between.
>>
why is the promo music like nails on a chalkboard but the show music is sweet just like your loving?

>>62782981
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QACB3_t5jWk&t=3m40s
time stamped at 3m40s
>>
>>62783065
The script is more than fine. Not exceptional, granted, but it's pretty good. To me; it's something I notice from all of Soderbergh's stuff really. Some find his interactions/dialogue exchanges cold and sort of middle of the road. I guess it's a take it or leave it sort of thing.
>>
I like the show but I'm worried it won't last long with low ratings. Too many romantic subplots too
>>
>>62783093
fucking love this show
>>
File: bravoavclub.png (716 KB, 743x919) Image search: [Google]
bravoavclub.png
716 KB, 743x919
>liking pleb shit
>>
>>62782981

It seems like she tired of just being a nurse and wants to become a surgeon.

She's enjoying playing hard to get with a person who has heavy influence in her work place. Also he likes her a lot more because she's challenging him, unlike all the other nurses he bedded.
>>
>>62783242
His grades are all over the place, that episode didn't deserve a C, but episodes before that didn't deserve A/A- either
>>
>>62783065
>>62783138
You guys are nuts. The writing is top notch.
>>
>>62783380
I was actually standing up for it
>>
>>62783457
Fair enough, I think it's way above pretty good. Soderbergh hasn't written an episode yet so far either.
>>
>>62783380
If you think writing is top notch you should watch other shows. Characters are essentially all stock drama stereotypes - Troubled anti-hero who tried to do good, but got corrupted by his own ego, "nice guy" who's friendly with main character and get fucked over by him, genius with bad temper, etc.

Character like that are not bad, show just needs to add dimensions to them, which The Knick doesn't even try. Ironically, Gallinger had a potential to be a great character(wouldn't it be interesting to have a guy who's a jealous racists, but at the same type a complete stand-out when it comes to anything else?), but they're ruining him with that eugenics plot.

Also, if shows like Mad Men or Breaking Bad did a plot exit as lazy as nurse's last trial /tv/ would be shitting on them non-stop for WEEKS. It was literally deus-ex machina bullshit
>>
>>62783793
You and I have very different definitions of three dimensional characters and bad writing. I'll grant you Thack was a bit of a stereotypical troubled genius in the first season, but they've moved way beyond that as he's become more quixotic. Thack, Gallinger, and Birdie all have distinct personalities that distinguish them despite all being white upper-crust doctors. Barrow, Cleary, Ping Wu, and Speight are some of the most unique characters you can find on television.

As for Gallinger's eugenics turn, despite what everyone is saying I think that they have set it up quite well, he has been towards the end of his rope since Edwards showed up and things have only gotten worse from there. And Harry's arrest and trial didn't strike me as a deus ex machina at all. The fact that they had her arrested between seasons spoke to the confidence they had in their writing. They could have dragged it out for a whole season if they wanted to. And the way it was resolved was entirely in keeping with the themes of the show and helped define Cleary's character beautifully.
>>
>>62783242
Are you trying to say it's pleb shit because it got a bad grade from the AV Club? Because if you take anything from that website seriously then you have way worse mental problems than calling stuff pleb.
>>
File: Hello Darkness.jpg (681 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
Hello Darkness.jpg
681 KB, 1919x1079
>>62783359
>Correcting arbitrary letter grades from the AV Club
>>
>>62783242
What a fucking pleb
>>
>>62781742
meh, too much SJW garbage. The surgery is good though.
>>
>>62783077
I like where your head's at, but may I suggest Thanatics? Or Bockers? Just spitballin
>>
>>62783156
We are putting up with a lot of side plots this season, hopefully they will come to a head well. The promo has me pretty hyped but I usually don't watch them so I don't know if it's par for the course.
>>
>>62783156

I doubt it gets cancelled. CInemax isn't exactly loaded with original content that they can replace it with. I'm sure that as long as Soderbergh wants to make more they will.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.