[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't they just reboot star wars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Why don't they just reboot star wars?
>>
honestly thought they would until Ep 7 was announced.

they'll remake LOTR and Harry Potter eventually just watch
>>
>>62781535
Do you think Highlander has a chance?
>>
>>62781496
They probably will several years after Episode IX
>>
>>62781496
They should have done that before making the new movies. Now the new trilogy is too invested in Ford.
>>
>>62781669
Only if its the TV series. Cause every movie minus the first one was garbage and the TV show was actually really good.
>>
>>62781496
Lucas has the copyrights till 2080 minimum, probably even longer. So untill then it's not possible without him (or who owns the rights) suing for Trillions of dollars
>>
>>62781858
I hope Lucas is alive until 2080 so he can watch the franchise die.
>>
>>62781669
thought that was happening
>>
>>62781858
Disney has the film rights now. They can do whatever they want with them.
>>
>>62781496
The good thing about star wars, and space opera in general, is that you can always just have ANOTHER unconnected story in the same universe instead of having to reboot.
>>
>>62781858 (me)
>>62781894
>>62781935
Despite The Walt Disney Company's 2012 purchase of Lucasfilm Ltd. and the release rights to all future Star Wars films, Fox still retains original distribution rights to Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope "in perpetuity" in all media worldwide. Fox also retains theatrical, nontheatrical, and home video rights worldwide for the franchise's five subsequent films through May 2020, at which time ownership will transfer to Disney. This complex relationship between Fox and Disney, particularly in regards to Fox's perpetual rights to Episode IV, creates an obstacle for any future boxed set comprising all nine films

So that's still only the release rights, you can't reanact the stories of the OT en prequels untill their copyrightsdates are due. -New Crazy Laws have made copyrights effective untill 50+ years after an author dies.-(or something close to that)
>>
>>62781496

They will. They're gonna drag it through the mud for 10-15 years, and when the original fans have bought their last action figure, they'll announce a reboot, in the "spirit of the original 3. No fancy CGI characters. Real sets, real practical effects." and the retards will flock to it, just like they are to 7.
>>
>>62781496
man i thought it was a pic of vader drinking a screwdriver
so disappointed
>>
>>62781496
They are rebooting Star Wars, in all but name.

It's a soft reboot/sequel at once.
>>
>>62781496
Because doing so would really alienate both the dihards AND the casuals. As it stands the EU getting rebooted only affected the diehards, remaking A New Hope though would mean that Disney wouldn't be able to cruise on the waveof the original as easily because everyone would be weary as fuck about it and expecting the usual Hollywood shenanigans.

As it is Disney had to bend over backwards reassuring casuals that they would be faithful to the spirit of the originals and capture that Star Wars feel. Imagine how much they'd have to do if it was a straight up reboot? Trying their best to convince us that the new stupid looking Vader costume would actually be badass and not at all retarded and impossible to take seriously?

They stood more to gain from leaving it alone and making a sequel trilogy than they did making a reboot.

That said they will inevitably reboot the entire franchise once they fuck it up badly enough. They're already starting to fuck up the MCU with both AoU and Ant Man being garbage. It really only takes 1 or 2 bombs to sink an entire franchise and make you have to start over regardless of whatever "legacy" it had/has.
>>
>>62781496
I'm surprised the George didn't.

He had more money than god, and zero fucks to give. Why not reconcile the prequels with what should come later? You could have Ewan McGregor made up to look 20 years older, rather than Alec Guinness who looks 40 years older. You can have the effects that you want, rather than going back and incrementally adding them and having all these additions.
>>
they could remake the prequels
>>
>>62782440
So does this mean no true theatrical version remaster like I was hoping for?
Or was it only George that was preventing that?
>>
>>62781496
Because lore. And poetry. You see, every stanza must rhyme with last, and if you start a brand new poem you'll lose the previous stanzas, leaving you nothing to rhyme.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.