[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this film so underrated? Is it really because of butthurt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 19
Why is this film so underrated? Is it really because of butthurt eurokeks whining about how their cheap, boring adaptation pales in comparison to the production values and quality of this one?
>>
>>62780924
it's not underrated

it has weird pacing issues and is generally shitty much like the original films + books
>>
I thought it was fairly overrated. At least on this board. It perfect in terms of technical aspects and acting but it remains one of Fincher's least interesting movies to me. It's no surprise to me that a Fincher film is technically immaculate. I just wish he'd pick better material than plebeian page turner "plot" movies.
>>
Yes. The original was good, this was trash.
>>
>>62780924
it's not really underrated or overrated, but it did underperform commercially because so much of the audience didn't care to see another version of the same story.
>>
File: THOSE EYES.png (888 KB, 1277x531) Image search: [Google]
THOSE EYES.png
888 KB, 1277x531
dat ending
>>
File: Feel.gif (885 KB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
Feel.gif
885 KB, 320x181
>>62781235
>that music
>>
>>62781235
I cried when she threw away the jacket. fuck that was a nice looking jacket
>>
Rooney Mara has the charisma of a dead moth on a window sill.
>>
File: Eric.jpg (48 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
Eric.jpg
48 KB, 500x450
>>62781332
Funny, I never wanted to look into a dead moth's eyes while I tenderly caressed its face as I made love to it..... until now.

The things you learn you can do, huh?
>>
>>62781332
So what you're saying is that she was absolutely perfect for the role of Lisbeth.
>>
>>62781332

>I posted it again!

Dat ass though. Dat fucking ass.
>>
>>62781332
she sold getting raped pretty well
>>
>>62781502
>80 takes
>>
>>62781617
>C-can we do it again, D-David?

Later that night...

>you're so good at this, Rooney
>>
>>62781374
>reddit reply
>reddit show image
Fuck off
>>
File: I'LL EAT YOU, TOO.jpg (121 KB, 600x681) Image search: [Google]
I'LL EAT YOU, TOO.jpg
121 KB, 600x681
>>62781809

I'm from Reddit and I love this place, also. Oh, does that make you mad? So very mad? Oh, you seem quite mad that there are those of us from Reddit who also enjoy coming here and hanging out with you cool guys. We like it. We REALLY like this place. Oh, we're not leaving. We're sitting right here, friendo. You like that one? "Friendo?" It's from No Country For Old Men. I know tv memes lol!

You think this is your own private utopia, your retreat from the world, your clubhouse to hang out with your other rebels, but guess what? We Reddit folk found it. We found it and we like it.

And we're not leaving.
>>
>>62780924
yeah, pretty much
the movie captured the mystery and sense of dread that the book had. not to mention captured Salandars and Blompkvists relationship perfectly

not to mention dat score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH_y5XdwUdg
>>
>>62780924
I doubt that most people had seen the Swedish ones and it doesn't matter because they were basically made for tv movies anyway. Anyone trying to claim they're better than Fincher's movie is just being a contrarian

It's such a shame that they didn't make the other two - Fincher and Reznor+Ross' soundtrack was a fucking dream team for this movie

I know they did gone girl and social network too, but this one's special. The atmosphere is brilliant
>>
File: 1080 Borderless (3).png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1080 Borderless (3).png
1 MB, 1920x800
I miss the threads when this was coming out. The trailer hype, the late night threads talking about it, people going to see it 2 or 3 times

the website is great, too

http://www.dragontattoo.com/site/
>>
>>62782044
the trailer was incredible

the movie, not so much.
>>
I think it's perfectly-rated, really.

I prefer the original, but Fincher's version has a nice aesthetic to it, as well.
>>
>>62782044
this movie is what brought me here. not even lying
I knew I loved the movie
discovered /tv/, found out you guys loved it too

i found a new home
>its been 4 years already
>its completely unrecognizable already
>>
It's definitely the best movie they could've made out of the source material. I liked it, but at the end of the day it's just your average straightforward mystery/thriller. Well-done, but not one of Fincher's best or anything

And it was pretty well-received by critics, and by fans, even if it didn't make much money. I wouldn't really call it underrated
>>
>>62782061
>le contrarian meem :^)

I never get sick of seeing this.
>>
>>62780924
i honestly forget this movie exists whenever fincher comes up
>>
File: 1080 Borderless (15).png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1080 Borderless (15).png
1 MB, 1920x800
>>62782136
I think you're right

I'm obsessed with it because of the soundtrack, I thought Rooney and Craig were fantastic, I was just realising that I loved Fincher movies, I had just started really getting into movies. First movie I had decided that I should go to see on my own, nothing before that was interesting enough to make that step for myself

I gush over it constantly but the story itself is what you'd expect from Fincher's mystery page turner novel adaptions

everything just melded together into something I couldn't stop thinking about

however I'm wary to watch it again because I think it'll ruin the magic, maybe diminish my overly high opinion of it
>>
>>62781997

This is what I really love about the movie, the flashbacks and the initial drive into Hedestaad are cozy as fuck. The Swedish film manages to capture the Swedish soul less than Fincher's film.
>>
>>62782282

Nah it's definitely a good movie, and holds up well to replays. It's just not as interesting or original as others like Fight Club, Zodiac or Gone Girl
>>
>>62782470
Completely agree. That's what makes it special to me
>>
I saw this article and could only think back to her begging letter.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/11/16/rooney-mara-claims-shes-still-in-dragon-tattoo-sequel?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=27&utm_campaign=Blogroll
>>
>>62782543
I disagree. I really like the movie, but every time I rewatch it the bloated run time becomes even more apparent. There are a few sequences in the film that drag on for too long, and then the whole 20+ minute resolution of the whole throwaway Wennerstrom subplot at the end felt like it was a useless stray away from the shit at the ending that actually mattered, I.E the aftermath of Craig and Mara deciding to fuck each other. I know that's probably how it was in the book, but in the movie the whole libel scandal felt like it was just a catalyst to get the main story going
>>
>>62780924
If anything this film is overrated. The original was shit, the book it is based on is trash airport fiction, but the acting for the most part was alright in the original production. The American version may have had the look and production value of a big budget hollywood picture but everything else about it was mediocre at best.
>>
>>62782730
I was fine with most of it but the 20 minutes at the end does throw me off a little bit. It felt odd from the first time I watched it. I don't hate it but it does feels out of place, coming after that climactic port and it just sort of keeps going

still, I generally only watch something every few years to keep the magic and not spoil it on myself by making myself tired of it. I'm happy it's there just to have more runtime of something that never got the sequels

>>62782726
honestly one of the most disappointing films related things I've seen in the last few years, the idea of a reboot and getting rid of such a great cast and crew. It was perfect as it was

Your can argue why it didn't make them enough money to greenlight the rest but it's such a shame either way
>>
it was a carbon copy, there was no reason for it to be made
>>
>>62783367
it wasn't a carbon copy in any sense

it had no similarities in the way it was made

and even if it did, there's no "reason" for anything to be made

they were planning an adaption before the swedish one even came out, it's simply another adaption of a novel. it's not an american remake like many people seem to think
>>
I never read the books, never saw the swedish version. I saw this trailer for this in the theater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVLvMg62RPA

The trailer sold me on the movie. I thought it was a great movie, but never felt compelled to read the book or see the swedish version.
>>
>>62780996
>plebeian page turner "plot" movies

but this is one of the things that makes the film so interesting, that everything is moved to the subtextual level. it's like zodiac but better.
>>
File: Shiet.png (648 KB, 508x689) Image search: [Google]
Shiet.png
648 KB, 508x689
>mfw Stieg Larsson's brother and father, who he had almost no contact with, slandered his wife in the media and successfully sued for the rights of his books, on the basis that she was only after the money, despite the fact that Larsson left a will
>mfw they then hired a writer to write a fourth Millenium book, just to make themselves even more money

It's like a side-story that would have fit in perfectly in the movie.
>>
>>62784172
>everything is moved to the subtextual level. it's like zodiac but better.
wow, never thought I'd ever see someone else who thought this.
>>
>>62784862
i think we're out there but we stay hidden more often than not.

fincher working in more outright "genre" films (like this one) is the way to go, he's such a fantastic termite artist.
>>
File: 1482698279878.png (468 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1482698279878.png
468 KB, 1000x1000
>>62783335
>mfw when the rapist nigga starts eating the booty
>>
>>62784949
Is le booty eating just a nigger meme or are they actually disgusting enough to do it? Rooney's delicate, pure ass is one thing but considering the jiggling ghetto hens that they have to pick from, that's profoundly disgusting.
>>
File: 1433688583049.jpg (12 KB, 320x244) Image search: [Google]
1433688583049.jpg
12 KB, 320x244
>>62781374
>>
File: 1446082146077.jpg (40 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
1446082146077.jpg
40 KB, 640x350
>>62781818
Fucking epic
>>
File: wew_lad.webm (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
wew_lad.webm
3 MB, 1920x800
>>62784949
>I'M ACTING
>>
File: dubbelks.jpg (6 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
dubbelks.jpg
6 KB, 233x217
>>62785666
beautiful webm, beautiful trips
good work lad
>>
>>62781997
>Anyone trying to claim they're better than Fincher's movie is just being a contrarian

The portrayal of Lisbeth is very different in the original. I think in the end it's a matter of personal preference although from a technical point Fincher's version will always win
>>
File: Blackhat hacker.jpg (113 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
Blackhat hacker.jpg
113 KB, 1280x536
>>62783335
>>62785666
>
>>
>>62783335
SOMEONE FOCUS, ENHANCE, DEPIXELATE, ENHANCE, AND FOCUS ON THAT SHOT OF HER SWEET VAGINA STAT!
>>
>>62785447
>He doesn't eat ass

You ain't no real nigga until you 69'ing some bitch and stick your tongue right up her butthole and taste that sweet salt.
>>
You're a fucking idiot OP. The original is superior in every way. More doesn't equal better

ᵀʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ʷᵃˢ ˢᵖᵒᶰˢᵒʳᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᴹᶦᶜʳᵒˢᵒᶠᵗ'ˢ ᵂᶦᶰᵈᵒʷˢ 10™
>>
>>62787629
Do I spy some roast beef, or is it the merkin just like Daddario?
>>
>>62782470

Yeah I think the genius of that film is how it captures the atmosphere that Larsson intended. It was an airport thriller book but it was a very unique and high quality one and through it Larsson was trying to say something about sexual politics and the culture of Sweden and Fincher translated that to the screen without being preachy or overt.

In the same way Seven is really just a high quality serial killer thriller but it's not held down by genre conventions and it plays with interesting themes and asks interesting moral questions while still being really thrilling and compelling.
>>
DUDE RAPE LMAO
>>
File: ew_online.gif (589 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
ew_online.gif
589 KB, 500x245
>>62781374

>getting Cheeto stains on Rooney Mara's face
>>
it's kinda shit

plus the plot is over and there is an additional 40 minutes left.

I think most of the problems with the movie is from the original book though. (finch should have fixed that though)
>>
File: 1440190470127a.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1440190470127a.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
>>62780924

SUBTITLES ARE HARD!: The Motion Picture
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.