[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, Are there any really scary movies? like seriously scary.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: spaghetti-recipe-5.jpg (101 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti-recipe-5.jpg
101 KB, 600x400
Guys,
Are there any really scary movies? like seriously scary. Everything i find is people saying shit like " yo, jaws was pretty scary". come fucking on.
Give me actually one scary movie
>>
If you're an adult and you get legitimately scared by movies then lol@u.
>>
File: the-babadook-poster.jpg (46 KB, 445x668) Image search: [Google]
the-babadook-poster.jpg
46 KB, 445x668
Only children are actually scared by movies. Some films I might find a little creepy or with a few moments that make me jump, but that's it.

A great horror movie isn't one that scares you, it's one that mesmerizes you and makes you want to see what happens next.
>>
>>62778231

this, and The Cell
>>
>>62778231
>Only children are actually scared by movies.
no

>A great horror movie isn't one that scares you, it's one that mesmerizes you and makes you want to see what happens next.

what the fuck no
>>
No.
>>
>>62778359
Seriosuly? this thing isn't a bit scary m8

Don't you all know just one fucking movie that is geniuely scary?
>>
>>62778359
The Cell is shit and not remotely scary either.
>>
The scary stuff is depictions of real life events.

Men Behind the Sun
>Men Behind the Sun (Chinese: 黑太阳731 / 黑太陽731; pinyin: hēi tài yáng 731, literally meaning "Black Sun: 731") is a 1988 Hong Kong–Chinese historical war horror film directed by T. F. Mou.

The film is a graphic depiction of the war atrocities committed by the Japanese at Unit 731, the secret biological weapons experimentation unit of the Imperial Japanese Army during World War II. The film details the various cruel medical experiments Unit 731 inflicted upon the Chinese and Soviet prisoners towards the end of the war.

This is the first film to be rated "III" (equivalent to the US rating NC-17) in Hong Kong.

Unit 731
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

ENJOY
>>
>>62778469
the arm freezing scene was so fucked up
>>
>>62778469
Just because something is disgusting doesnt mean it's scary.
>>
File: anne_hathaway_please.gif (771 KB, 500x181) Image search: [Google]
anne_hathaway_please.gif
771 KB, 500x181
>>62778392
>no
>what the fuck no
Your compelling argument has convinced me. I take it all back
>>
>>62777991

you're doing it wrong.

take LSD and watch movies and then even the shittest horror movie will make you wet your panties and cry for mommy
>>
File: I_beg_your_pudding.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
I_beg_your_pudding.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>actually being scared by a film
>>
>>62778545
But this shit actually happened. It's more disturbing I guess, knowing that people were actually subjected to this kind of torture.

"Philosophy of a Knife" tackles the same events but I haven't seen it.
>>
I just miss that feeling of being scared guys.
I miss that feeling of not being able to sleep after watching a movie. I need to feel it just one more time. Isn't there anything that made you shit your pants?
>>
>>62778567
Not the OP, but I've tried this and it doesn't make anything scarier than normal. It affects everyone differently, but it just makes me feel stoned and amped at the same time. In other words, it's awesome.
>>
>>62778659
You grew up.
It's over.
>>
>>62778693
damnnit
>>
Poughkeepsie Tapes is probably the scariest film I've ever seen.
>>
buh, you didn't see Come and See
>>
Bowling for Columine. It LITERALLY makes me sick and terrified that I share this country with gun-toating Republican lunatics.
>>
>>62777991
The Exorcist and The Amittyville Horror. They'e aged like fine wine.
>>
>>62779350
>believing a biased director

4/10 made me reply
>>
File: threads.jpg (558 KB, 1366x1013) Image search: [Google]
threads.jpg
558 KB, 1366x1013
>>62777991
Scary because shit can actually happen, it's realistic.
>>
Lake Mungo
>>
>>62778876
Just read about this on Wikipedia, holy fuck. Will probably watch now desu
>>
>>62778693
Life in a nutshell
>>
>>62778693
This fucking hurts...
>>
File: Maniac-Cop-Header.jpg (94 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
Maniac-Cop-Header.jpg
94 KB, 658x370
Maniac Cop.
>>
File: THE-HUNT.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2810) Image search: [Google]
THE-HUNT.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2810
Movie that scared me the most isn't even a horror movie. Didn't scare me in terms of spooks, but the realistic depiction of someones life getting completely and utterly fucked because of us shit human beings just clinging to any information we get. Didn't speak to anyone the rest of day

Also the lake murder in Zodiac
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.