[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just to be clear here: Mookie did the Wrong Thing, right? When
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: do the right thing.jpg (36 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
do the right thing.jpg
36 KB, 700x394
Just to be clear here: Mookie did the Wrong Thing, right? When everyone else is tearing up the pizzaria that they all grew up in because there aren't any black people on the walls, Mookie could have risen up above the base tribalism and shouted down the crowd. Instead he throws a trash can through the window, giving into the peer pressure in the process.
>>
>Spike Lee has remarked that he himself has only ever been asked by white viewers whether Mookie did the right thing; black viewers do not ask the question. Lee believes the key point is that Mookie was angry at the death of Radio Raheem, and that viewers who question the riot's justification are implicitly failing to see the difference between property and the life of a black man.
>>
OP is white and thus does not understand the depths of Spike Lee's brain
>>
>>62764774
>only ever been asked by white viewers whether Mookie did the right thing
that's a fucking lie. Not every "colored" person believes in "tribalism."
>>
Spike lee should get raped with a broomstick

I'm not dignifying this thread with an answer. You'd have to pay me to watch that shit
>>
File: rockroll.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
rockroll.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>62764836
>>
>>62764836
>property and the life of a black man.

But it's not just property, it's that Italian family's entire livelihood at stake there, and yeah, while they were racist fucks they had nothing to do with the death of Radio Raheem.
>>
>>62764957
But that's how you end racism. You drag everyone down into the ghetto with you until the government starts handing out free money to everyone.
>>
>>62764774
He guided the rage to destroy the pizzeria..otherwise..they would have killed the whities
>>
Sounds like spike lee is a butthurt nigger with a made-up name
>>
>>62764836
Why doesn't he ever address the destructiveness of "the innocent blacks."
>>
>>62764957
>and yeah, while they were racist fucks
What was wrong with the owner (can't remember his name)? He was extremely sympathetic to the whole neighbourhood and still got fucked over. He didn't even kill Raheem.
>>
>>62764774
>Not realizing that Mookie saved Sal's life
>>
Just apologism for black idiocy. Just like Native Son
>>
>>62764957
>racist
You're fucking retarded.
>>
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2014/08/18/hulks-favorite-movies-do-the-right-thing-1989
>>
>>62765639

Fucking this. 4chins, are you really that dense?
>>
/tv/: where everyone constantly doesn't get the entire fucking point of every fucking movie ever because they're racist, sexist dickheads.
>>
>>62765294

Yeah, nig here and IIRC Radio Raheem was a rude prick who thought that blasting his ghetto blaster at full volume was within his nig rights.

Also, the amount of honkeys who completely missed the VERY FUCKING OBVIOUS clues that Spike Lee put in the form of cartoonishly "black" behavior vs the 'normal', level headed attitude displayed by the white people in the movie (nice Sal vs Radio Raheem, the guy who got his kicks dirty accidentally, etc)
>>
I think the title is supposed to be ironic and he was in the wrong. But then again, it's spike lee so he probably really believed Mookie did do the right thing.
>>
>>62766522

>/tv/ or How I Learned to Stop Thinking Rationally and Let My Fear of Big Black Cock Banging The Girl I Had a Crush in Grade 9 Cloud My Intellectual Capacity
>>
File: billy batts visits the hood.jpg (93 KB, 1213x768) Image search: [Google]
billy batts visits the hood.jpg
93 KB, 1213x768
>>62766399
Go home and get your fuckin' hugbox
>>
>>62764774

>Saves their lives by diverging the riots rage to the pizzeria establishment itself, which he knew was insured
>HURR DURR HE COULD HAVE DONE MORE

He did the right thing.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.