[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Movies that Christians can't understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: book_of_eli_ver2.jpg (64 KB, 511x755) Image search: [Google]
book_of_eli_ver2.jpg
64 KB, 511x755
ITT: Movies that Christians can't understand
>>
>>62760908
fedora here, i don't understand what there was for christc͏ucks to miss
>>
>>62760948
Oh it shows Quentin
>>
>>62760977
sorry i'm only here for the memes. you'll have to clarify.
>>
>>62761008
Basically, you and other Christians have missed the point of the movie.
>>
>>62761039
oh ok but i'm an atheist

your bait might be a little too high brow, bub
>>
>>62761131
Not bait. I'm saying that Christians would think that the whole premise of the movie focuses on spreading the word of God, and to do so is to use the bible, or the Book of Eli.

When in fact the point of the movie is how someone wants to use the bible to control people for their own personal gain, which is what has happened in religion time and time again.
>>
What a stupid movie. That ipod would be dead and wouldn't be able to charge
>>
>>62761237
the Lord warns against false prophets. they are servants of the devil, not g*d. using them to denounce Him is foolish and blasphemous.
>>
File: compas.jpg (294 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
compas.jpg
294 KB, 800x1200
It's a good movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKK7LmywKOQ
>>
>>62761348
Are you talking about in the context of the movie or in general?
>>
>>62761237
And the fucking protagonist is literally on a mission from God to preserve it
>>
>>62761361
literally copying Kill Bill. i guess you posted another shit movie so maybe that's the joke?
>>
what I don't understand.is why the bible in brail is the size of a normal bible.
>>
>>62761413
Yes, preserve it for the sole purpose of preserving history. Not to preach or anything. Eli knows about the power of the bible which is why he tries so hard to protect it.
>>
>>62761400
both
>>
>>62761525
In any case. You are right. But what's your point?
>>
>>62761558
that we christians understand the movie. the bible is His word, and people have free will to read what they want. the devil always acts through the will of man. the message of the movie is to beware the devil masquerading as a servant of the Lord. it's a modern critique of the Republican party.
>>
>>62761697
You may understand the movie but a majority don't
>>
shit movie
>>
>>62761874
Found the Christian
>>
>>62761237
I think you missed the part where god sent someone on a quest to get the only bible left to the only place with a printing press.

The point is to spread the bible. If the bad guy got it he would keep it for himself and not spread it.

NOT SPREAD = BAD in this movie.
>>
>>62762204
That's certainly one interpretation of it.
>>
>>62760908
the point of the movie is that religion is just an important part of our culture and there will always be people who want to preserve it as well as people who want to exploit it as a means of controlling others
pretty simple
>>
>>62762204
>>62761413
>>62761348
OP blown the fuck out.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.