[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HEY FOLKS, DON'T FORGET TO LOCK THE GATES, BECAUSE *SIPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 3
File: Maron2-e1404849024286.jpg (27 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Maron2-e1404849024286.jpg
27 KB, 320x320
HEY FOLKS, DON'T FORGET TO LOCK THE GATES, BECAUSE
*SIPS COFFEE PROFUSELY*
POW! I JUST SHIT MYSELF
ARE WE DOING THIS?
*PETS CATS*
WELCOME FOLKS TO THE CAT RANCH, WITH ME AND MY CATSSS POW!
*LOCKS THE GATE LOUDLY*
[INSERT CAT NAME] LIIIVES!
*ARE WE DOING THIS'S ACROSS THE GARAGE AND BACK*
BUT FIRST LET'S TALK ABOUT STAMPS DOT COM
WHERE YOU CAN MAIL A FRESH BLUEAPRON MEAL TO A LOVED ONE WITH A BOUQUET OF HAND PICKED ROSES FROM FLOWERS DOT COME ON POW!
*REMINISCES ABOUT SMOKING CRACK*
ARE WE DOING IT LIVE?
ANYWAY FOLKS, DON'T FORGET TO LIKE THE MARC MARON PODCAST RATE AND REVIEW IT BUT FIRST
*DRONES ABOUT LIFE AS A RICH PERSON*
LET'S
*SIPS COFFEE LOUDLY*
TALK
*SHITS SELF*
ABOUT
*CLEANS CATBOX WHILE LOCKING GATES*
AUDIBLE DOT COM WHERE YOU'LL FIND MY ASSORTMENT OF BOOKS, WRITTEN BY ME POW LOCK THE GATES THIS HAS BEEN MARC MARON I JUST SHIT MYSELF POW
>>
>>62758080
someone put this bag of dirty laundry out of his misery
>>
LOCK
>>
>>62758080

How's his podcast?
>>
kek read it in his voice
>>
Is he the new Louis C.K?
>>
>>62758179
His gets are usually good, but part of the problem is that when it's bad it's REALLY bad. Also, you have roughly 20 minutes of him whining and talking about nothing at the top of each episode, which unfortunately caught on with a shit ton of other podcasts.
>>
>>62758179
it was good before he became a multimillionaire. now his bitching and miserable monologues are unwarranted
>>
>>62758269
VERY INTERPERSONAL PODCASTS
>>
>>62758080

What was all that bullshit build up to the Lorne Michaels episode? He kept making ambiguous statements about what will happen after and where he'll go from there. And then he's like, "People keep asking me what happens next...Well I'm gonna keep doing the show, ya dummies!" He's the one that alluded to an uncertain future of the show! What the fuck. fuck him
>>
Every time I try to listen to this faggots podcast, it makes me so annoyed.

All he does is talk with assholes about how much of a faggot druggie dinosaur he is.
>>
But he's pretty much the best interviewer in existence right now...
>>
>>62758286
>he became a multimillionaire
how? what the fuck does this guy do? he's not funny. every time he talks I wanna gouge my ears out
>>
>listening to this autist ramble on for twenty minutes instead of just skipping to the interview
>>
>>62758312
>ad revenue
>multiple seasons of his show
>playing big venues regularly
>>
marc maron used to smoke crack?
>>
>>62758382
his mother smoked crack, that's why he looks this way
>>
Marathoning his show now.
Pretty comfy
>>
>>62758080
>[INSERT CAT NAME] LIIIVES!

I stopped listening a year or so ago when he went on a long run of musicians I didn't give two shite about. Did he ever find out what happened to Boomer?
>>
>>62758382
no he was a hardcore coke head. he was a kinnison hanger on
>>
it pisses me off that he made it and his podcast is good guests, by accident.
>>
>>62758382
he also used to be FAT

>let me tell you a story about fat mark
>everyone knows I have trouble with food
>my mom used to call me a fat ass
>fuck you fat mark, you have no future!!!
>this is your daily reminder that fat mark sucked at baseball
>I never got into wrestling, I was always into BEEFHEART tbqh
>>
>>62758311

>But he's pretty much the best interviewer in existence right now...
>>
marc maron made me fall out of love with the idea of being a tortured, druggie comedian.

how fucking pathetic
>>
>>62758409
That sounds terrible. I feel so bad for you
>>
favorite guests?

i like noah baumbach, louis ck, sam simon, molly shannon, i don't like foo fighters but the dave grohl one was good, and i love his live podasts, wish he'd do more
>>
gavin mcinnes interview when
>>
>>62758278

Have you listened to Bill Burr's podcast? How is it by comparison?

I love Bill's podcast most days. Just started listening to Nick Dipaolo's this week, he's ok.

Both Nick and Bill talk about sports a tad too much, though.
>>
protip: his interview with Patrick Stewart was 10/10. I'm pretty sure that's just because Patrick Stewart's a 10/10 man, but still, it's worth listening to.
>>
>>62758613
Baumbach one was dry as fuck. it was just him talking about being middle class and jewish in New York. No depth at all.

PT Anderson one was a missed opportunity too.

His latest one with Lorne Michaels is great.
>>
>>62758724
Maron's is effectively an interview podcast for the most part. He's a solid interviewer when he doesn't circle back on himself and tell the same stories you've heard before if you've listened enough episodes. It's better to cherry pick based on the guest for the most part.
>>
>>62758417
i don't think you understand what crack is
>>
File: 1342753311528.jpg (33 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
1342753311528.jpg
33 KB, 332x500
I decided to improve my life because I would listen to his early comedy albums and relate to him too much.

It's a complex feel and I wonder what his reaction to this would be.
>>
Literaly Reddit the comedian
>>
>>62758613
the Steve Albini one was good
>>
>>62758436
how fat
>>
>>62758382

Nah but he did so much coke he had a complete psychotic break from reality where he lived in closet because he thought the President was possessed by the devil.

He still has like month long gaps in his memory which is sad because that means his brain is fucked (not to mention his liver) and he's REALLY gonna start to lose it when he gets into his 60's.
>>
>>62759019
>implying the Obama interview wasn't the devil trying to possess Mark.
>>
>>62758944
>POW!
>>
>>62759019

Wait, you're telling me the president isn't possessed by Satan?
>>
>>62758944

He'd act like he was glad to have inspired you but he would secretly resent you for it and question his life choices
>>
Why did he hype the Lorne interview up for the last six years if when he finally got it he was just gonna spend 99% of the time pathetically trying to prove to Lorne and himself that he didn't need to be on SNL?
>>
>>62758892

as a Britbong who's never watched SNL aside from random shit on youtube I found Lorne to be a massively pompous and pretentious cunt, and Marc didn't call him on his shit because he was so desperate for his approval.
>>
>>62759019
damn. You sound like a fan. Should I check out his podcast? I tried his show but it seemed like a shitty version of Louie. Maybe that's a harsh criticism, but I felt like he was really inserting himself as the viewer's perspective, whereas I feel like in Louie you're part of the experience.
>>
>>62759154

I'm a fan and his show is definitely a shitty version of Louie.

Look through the podcast and listen to any interview where the subject is even remotely interesting to you and it will probably be worth it.
>>
>>62759154
listen to the interviewees you like. He likes to whine like a cunt but he is a good interviewer.
>>
marc maron and todd glass

who's the bigger libc.uck
>>
>>62759143
you didn't find that to be refreshing given that Marc is always the one with the wisecracks and putdowns? I thought it was funny. Lorne throws out a couple of jibes against him and Marc gets all defensive.

in britbong language, you gotta handle the bantz.
>>
Another mediocre entertainer who is famous for absolutely no reason other than being jewish.
>>
>>62759154

My problem with the show is that I feel like Marc was playing himself, but playing a version of himself that is waaaaay too likeable. It's just not realistic. That and it was boring. On Louis show he's pretty creepy and unlikable. But Marc just wants to be this likeable, cool, aging hipster Jew who's into dadrock. I don't buy it Marc
>>
>>62759274
he's been doing comedy since the 80s, talk radio since the 90s, and rose up with Louie and Sarah Silverman. you might wanna hit up wikipedia anon.
>>
>>62759311

yup. Exactly what I said
>>
>>62759154

His thing is he was a touring comedian for like two decades and never really made until he got so fucked up on drugs and alcohol and raped by divorces he had to quit. Then had was broke and had no skills so he started interviewing his comedian friends in his garage. He was in the scene so long he knows EVERY comedian so he had cool guests and was eventually able to diversify to interview actors, musician, directors, etc. too and somewhere along the lines got really good at interviewing.

The Robin Williams interview is fucking GOAT if you can handle the feels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFaT2aS9LI
>>
>>62759274

Marc's had a pretty weird, almost unprecedented career. For most of his comedic career nobodies ever given a shit about him. He'd be known amongst other comics but he never really got anywhere. Now with the coming of the internet he's been completely reborn for doing something totally unrelated. I guess if you hang around long enough something will happen for you.
>>
>>62758916
i dont think you do, friend
smoking crack =/= doing lines
>>
>>62759393
only if you work at it. The rise of podcasting really opened the field for comedians to have another venue in which to work and earn a living.

Kind of a shame that the true vanguards of comedy podcasting are relatively unknown compared to Marc, who came around much later.

If there was any justice in the world Keith and the Girl would be as big, if not bigger than WTF. They pretty much started the whole format.
>>
There's no human that listens to Maron's intro more than 3 times,everybody skips them
>>
>>62758415
>Did he ever find out what happened to Boomer?
Please someone answer this, i'd like to know too
>>
>>62759267
>todd glass
That guy is fucking unbearable, he's always on edge and ready to go on pointless rants about shit that he didn't even try to understand, such a fucking faggot
>>
>>62759755

I don't know why he even makes them still. Does he really think people care about how many chocolate chip cookies he ate that day?
>>
>>62760004
>hey todd, what are you the language police? YEAH, IM THE FUCKING LANGUAGE POLICE AND ITS NOT OK TO SAY WORDS LIKE RETARD AND FAGGOT!
ad naseum for 3 hours once a week
>>
Best episode is Tony Millionaire or Gene Ween. By far.
>>
>>62760336
the two carlos mencia eps were great, especially if you listened to the latino comic in between
>>
>>62758311
>implying terry gross doesn't exist
she is so good at interviewing that she started interviewing Maron in the middle of HIS interview with her.
>>
Why did Patrice have to die and this fagott gets to live
>>
>>62759010
you're still fatter.
>>
>>62760402
Terry Gross is pretty based
>>
Will Maron ever bury the hatchet with Jon Stewart?

He just finally made things right with Lorne Michaels
>>
>>62760402
shes great.
but thats what marc does. hes self obsessed, and uses his guests to talk about himself with an interview peppered in
>>
>>62760450
patrice was a faggot 90% of the time. you can't listen to him talk about race and think he's sensible if you're not a cluck
>>
>>62760450
it kills me wondering about how Patrice would respond to everything that's happened since he died

He was about to make it big. And he would have done it on his own terms.
>>
>>62760590

>Jon Stewart
>BJ Novak
>Adam Sandler

What are some other feuds he has?
>>
>>62760976
What are the stories behind those?

Is Marc just a douche?
>>
>>62759154
I think the shows usually pretty great at being funny except when it goes too far into cringe territory. Ots attempts at being dramatic are fuvking awful though.
>>
>>62761057

Before he found a lot of success with his podcast, he shit all over every comedian who was successful where he wasn't

He's pretty honest about how much of a jealous bitch he used to be
>>
>>62758312
years and years of ordering the gates to be locked. it didn't pay much each time, but he was smart and squirreled his money away.
>>
>>62761057

>Jon Stewart
Marc's just a jealous douche

>BJ Novak
All the old timers hate Novak cause he's a smug cunt and he's a Harvard kid that went right to the big time through connections and never payed his dues.

>Adam Sandler
Marc used the expression "the type of people that like Adam Sandler movies" during a set obviously meaning dumbasses not knowing that Sandler was there and Sandler confronted him backstage and they had a fight.
>>
>>62761198
This.

Did he ever have public beef with Aziz or was that just a personal gripe? He used to be insanely jealous of his overnight success.
>>
Todd Hanson was by far his best interview
>>
>>62761358

There's also some videos of him on stage with Michael Ian Black and Kumail Nanjiani shitting on them

In the Kumail one he almost seems like he can't control his jealous asshole nature, but he sees and understands that he's doing it, and tries to apologize
>>
>>62761320
>Sandler confronted him backstage and they had a fight.
lel
>>
>dude build it beautiful lmao
>>
>>62758080
He doesn't say Pow. His podcast is the only one I listen to.
>>
>it's a Marc interviews someone young enough to be his offspring and embarrasses himself trying to sound hip and "with it"
>>
His interview with Mike Judge is worth listening to.
>>
>>62762395
>Dude remember that store
>Yeah

Riveting
>>
>>62761819

The girl from Portlandia literally laughs in his face for this.
>>
>>62758312
By cooking delicious BlueApron meals and delivering them using Stamps dot com and their free digital scale to clients he found from his website built using Squarespace and via his Ting phone, you silly bitch
>>
>>62761669
you obviously havent heard it all. he hasn't done it in a while but he'd go POW JUST SHIT MY PANTS whilst advertising justcoffee
>>
>>62761057
Literally just jealous of anyone remotely famous.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.