[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
what went wrong /tv/
>>
Nothing. That kind of humor just gets boring and stale after a while.
>>
nothing

last season the guys went back to the good shape
>>
File: 1432265486672.jpg (63 KB, 445x372) Image search: [Google]
1432265486672.jpg
63 KB, 445x372
DUDE
>>
WEED
>>
>>62756745
havent seen the latest season

is it decent?
>>
>>62756735

Except almost all of Trailer Park Boys is/was good. New season soon. Then again, Trailer Park Boys is a much more emotionally rich and interesting show. That means it might not be fair to compare them but the constitutional failure of Workaholics was that it was always shallow.

In another world they would show it on ABC family it has the same depth as those shows, it just displays different attitudes.
>>
File: 1413852790650.gif (889 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
1413852790650.gif
889 KB, 356x200
>>62757031
read my post again
>>
>>62757073
>Trailer Park Boys didn't get stale
I've seen every episode and enjoyed it, but it definitely flatlined.
>>
File: 1447027137003.gif (1 MB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
1447027137003.gif
1 MB, 220x200
>Dude puns lmao
>>
I watched a few episodes and I just had no idea how to react. I didn't know when to laugh.
>>
Flanderization
>>
>>62757248
No laugh track will do that to you.
>>
sometimes they're pretty funny but there are episodes where I without no single good joke. it's also shitty what they made out of ders
>>
>>62757274
yeah I like it but I know its time to stop, mostly because of adam demamp.

but the show still have 2 seasons assigned
>>
>>62757073
>almost all of TPB is/was good

First season was touch and go. Season 7 was touch and go. Most of seasons 8 and 9 where pretty stale. Most of the movies are too similar to the shows, they're basically seasons condensed down into an hour. That being said their are funny gems to be found in the later seasons.
>>
Fuck their boss was so hot
>>
>>62757348

Is season 9 the latest? I thought it was pretty excellent. I think they might have taken some cues from Eastbound & Down. another show that might get classed in the same genre, although I would say it differs because it's very globetrotting and the situations have more variance
>>
>>62757381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um0KVo1t71Y
>>
you're not supposed to watch every episode
>>
>>62757426
wish it was jillian desu
>>
>>62757239
is that tim?
>>
>>62756712
Larger budgets & and writing more flushed out episodes.
>>
>>62757504
Fuck of to reddit you fucking faggot
>>
dude weed dude playstation move lets play edward 40hands lol *smokes a tiny bowl wearing a suit in an office bathroom*
>>
early on they were normal guys, but as the show went on they turned into giant pussies
>>
>>62757425
I doubt that. Season 9 was possibly the worst, I thought. Everything related to Colonel Dancer and Ricky being a grandpa was awful. Ricky is basically a full blown retard at this point and its amazing that he even functions somehow. It's a shadow of it's former self and I don't think it will ever be as funny as it was in seasons 2-5.

Though, that all being said, I still laughed very hard at many points. I just wonder how long they're going to keep this money train going.

But yes season 9 was the latest, season 10 is currently being filmed and at the very least there will be a season 11.
>>
>>62756712

Nothing. Because it was never good in the first place.
>>
smoking weed and drinking piss swill is only funny for so long.
>>
>>62756712
flanderization
>>
>>62757580
who is it familie? tell me
>>
>>62757592

HERES UR REPLY FΑM
>>
>>62756712
It peaked. Now it's over.
>>
>>62756712
nothing
just as good as always

don't understand why they tried to make alice more likeable for a stretch there like in that basketball episode where she isn't a total bitch to the guys - didn't like it
>>
>>62756712
Just went on too long.
>>
The Joe Rogan episode was a masterful return to form
>>
too much focus on the three of them rather than utilizing the supporting cast. you can't have a show ONLY about three people for 90% of the time
>>
>>62756735
Broad City in a few seasons
>>
Eh. The frontyard wrestling episode was something that should have been made in the first season.
The fact that they decided to do it so late showed they're out of ideas.
>>
Not tumblr enough. That's why we have Broad City.
>>
>>62757426
pretty funny desu
>>
the show was always a hit or miss depending on the episode
>>
The millennials
>>
It went stale when it's gotta be fresh
>>
more writers and less creative input from the trio
These outsiders may know what is funny, but the three knows what works funniest involving them
>>
Anders Holm watches a shitton of movies.
>>
>>62756712

It needed to be what it was, the office but for stoners/millenial college grads. I graduated in '14 so I understand needing to work 9-5 in an office (which I do) setting while also wanting to roll face at a concert. And just highlighting that whole transition from party/student type to young professional. This is what the first two seasons were largely about. While the last season was pretty funny, I want to see them approach the life/work balance a lot more, besides of just getting into silly antics just anywhere.
>>
>>62757073
I stopped TPB at season 7, because 7 was definitely weak, especially when you watch it right after season 6 (which seriously should've ended the show).
>>
>>62760100

I'd say broad city has a little more creativity and range in its humor.
>>
>>62760048

Tell that to seinfeld
>>
>>62763584

8 and 9 are pretty good. Clattenburg isn't involved on them so it's a slightly different style
>>
>>62757426
She's so fine. She was the reason I started watching Workaholics.
>>
>>62757504

>being this new
>>
>>62763272

or... you out grew them like anyone that isn't in college anymore. they will keep pulling in the new batch of viewers
>>
File: 2362362666.gif (394 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
2362362666.gif
394 KB, 400x225
Why is she so perfect, /tv/? Is there a hotter TV boss?
>>
Workaholics is a dark look at society. It's the anti-Broad City and a message of our society and gender relations in the Obama era

Broad City
>2 Happy girls with jobs and lives
>Have fun partying and banging men
>Not a worry in the world
>Hang around with PC minority friends in glamorous NYC

Workaholics
>3 man-children virgins forced to work a deadend low-wage job
>Desperate to companionship outside of each other
>Cling to happier nostalgic days and never want to grow up as it would mean accepting their fates
>Drown their misery in weed and booze

Broad City is about millennial women and minorities, Workaholics about millennial men
>>
Nothing, contrarians just pretend to hate it but watch every episode, like any other popular show on /tv/
>>
>>62767341
Uh what? Don't all of them get laid frequently with hot chicks and milfs? If that's supposed to be depressing, I'm in
>>
>>62767434
No, no they don't.
>>
>>62757426
She is sexy af for a meth addict.
>>
>>62767341
They aren't virgins tho
>>
>>62767508
Blake is
>>
The peyote episode was good. Apart from that the past two seasons have been shit. Adam went from really funny to mostly unfunny somehow. There are some episodes where you can tell Blake isn't enjoying himself and doesn't want to be there, totally ruins them.
>>
The last season was an improvement on the previous one I think.
>>
DAD DICKS LMAO
>>
she's literally perfect bros
>>
I think the show is still good. It's just that some episodes are good and some aren't. Very mixed back each season, like they save all the good bits for certain episodes. One of my favorite episodes is from the new season where Adam was going to the Wedding with his new girlfriend.
>>
>>62770659
Jilllian seems like gets freaky in bed.
>>
Literally reddit: the show
>>
>>62770760
She could be really bad in bed and have a bitchy personality and I'd still go for it, something about her just drives me fucking wild.

Chubby girls are my thing and all, but with her it's something else.
>>
desu senpai I only watched like the first two seasons and dropped it
>>
>>62770934
As a huge fan of the show you did well. Season 3 is alright but that's where they start to get gimmicky.
It's just one of those shows that is good to have on in the background.
>>
File: ron-swanson.jpg (409 KB, 2249x1370) Image search: [Google]
ron-swanson.jpg
409 KB, 2249x1370
>>62767297
>>
>>62770659
She almost looks like she has downs or something. That picture doesn't quite capture the downyness but you can definitely see it in the show.
>>
>>62767508
Except Blake
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8pA9qBPjb8
>>
>>62771541
is that his gay house party show?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.