[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything more pathetic than star wars fans?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: mc.jpg (299 KB, 1733x275) Image search: [Google]
mc.jpg
299 KB, 1733x275
Is there anything more pathetic than star wars fans?
>>
>>62750535
No.
>>
Honestly no
>>
the noland fans that threatened to kill those reviewers for saying tdkr was bad
>>
if there is i havent seen it yet
>>
>>62750714
Nah.
>>
They are cancer incarnate.
>>
>>62750535
>prequels
>for kids

Yeah, I get the Original Trilogy being made like that, but the prequels are so full of endless talking about politics that I was bored by them then I was a kid. And the fact that they're supposed to build up to Darth Vader leads to them putting in shit like Anakin killing sandpeople. I don't see how Lucas thought that would appeal to kids.
>>
>jar jar meant to appeal to kids 12 and under

I can see 4 and under. But I was 10 when phantom menace came out and I thought he was awful.
>>
File: haha, what a get.jpg (123 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
haha, what a get.jpg
123 KB, 640x359
>>62750994
I was 7 and I didn't like him. In hindsight, he's funny, but only in the way The Room is funny.
>>
Marvel fans are but a distant second.
>>
>>62751133
they are the same people imo
>>
yea, Star treck fans
>>
>>62750535
Does anyone else get the vibe that lucas strangely fixates himself on a particular films time to time? Not in a small homage one time thing kind of way, a complete phase kind of way.

He worked on raiders of the lost arc, so it's understandable that he stiffled ROTJ to be more action packed like indiana jones, and story took a back seat. But episode II looks a lot like blade runner, episode III has a gladiator like colosseum, and there's probably innumerable examples I can't spot.

I used to think that was just my shitty theory until I just read this. Why name drop the Terminator here? Is the Terminator one of the few examples of a movie that doesn't have a comic sidekick? Or maybe he's in a terminator phase, and if he was making a movie right now he would rip off the terminator.
>>
As a Star Wars fan I can confirm this
>>
>>62750938
Kids like the prequels better than the originals. There is more fighting.
>>
>>62750535
>Make a bad movie
>It's supposed to be bad it's for kids LMAO

To be honest though I could give less of a shit about Star Wars.
>>
>>62750535
Doctor Who fans
>>
This is either an attempt to troll or to organize a circle jerk. 5/10
>>
>>62751055
why has nobody noticed these repetitive digits?

lovely stuff
>>
>>62750684
>>62750535
>>62750693
>>62750853
>>62750911
>Trekkies are this mad that they have to samefag
>>
>>62750535
Look at the contemporary reviews of Star Wars. It was not treated as a children's movie. This was a movie that won an Oscar for best editing and was nominated for best picture.

"Star Wars is for children" started as a George Lucas defense for the Ewoks.
>>
>>62750535
Well there is 4chan.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.