[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just want 1 more film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: The-Silver-Chair.jpg (119 KB, 612x842) Image search: [Google]
The-Silver-Chair.jpg
119 KB, 612x842
I just want 1 more film
>>
no
lotr was comfy but the hobbit trilogy makes my blood boil
>>
>>62748222
Op's pic is from the Narnia books.
>>
>>62748252

lewis is literally a worse tolkien
>>
>>62747738
The films were garbage compared to the book
I literally never say that either
>>
>>62747738
They're still moving forward with it. The latest tidbit is that Will Poulter probably won't return as Eustice
>>
>>62748300

That's a wise decision, considering at 12 years old he looked like a cross between an angry middle aged man and a pig.
>>
Not a fan. Tolkien used his faith to inspire his writings and the morals, but Middle Earth's creation myth and people are still distinct from Tolkien's Catholicism

The Last Battle is literally just Revelation with a Lion Jesus and CS Lewis uses the books as a proselytizing platform
>>
>>62748222
the first 2 hobbit movies were shit but didn't make me want to kill myself as much as the third did
>>
>>62748399
*tips fedora*

Something being Christian doesn't make it bad.

Also Catholicism is all over Tolkien.
>>
>>62748512
Ya know, I ragged hard on the first one, but after rewatching it and the second two, it's easily the best and pretty forgivable overall.
It did poorly balancing the darkness of Jackson's LOTR trilogy with the kiddiness of Tolkien's writing, but at least it TRIED. The second two didn't try at all.
At least Benjaminamin Cumberbun was a good Smaug, even if Smaug was completely wasted with that horrible fucking dorf chase and it couldn't even end the second movie with his death, it had to tack in on as a terrible opening sequence to the third.
>>
Why in the fuck are we talking about The Hobbit? I'm with you OP, they need to make The Silver Chair.

I haven't read the books since I was a kid, and I remember that being my favorite. Or maybe Dawn Treader. I can't remember. Don't think I ever read Last Battle though.
>>
Problem with Narnia in my opinion is that the stories are all in a weird ass chronological order, focus around like ten different protagonists and their doesn't seem to be a clear "story" between them all. Just random adventures in Narnia.
>>
>>62749867

I was actually impressed by the dawn treader, that was about the level of whimsy i expected from the hobbit honestly.
>>
>>62748275
>I have never read them
>>
They should do The Horse and His Boy. It was standalone wasn't it?
>>
File: 1438878216370s.jpg (6 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
1438878216370s.jpg
6 KB, 231x244
>>62748512
>the first 2 hobbit movies were shit
>>
File: 8093453453.jpg (37 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
8093453453.jpg
37 KB, 500x381
>>62748628
>Something being Christian doesn't make it bad.
That's not what he said. He said that Lewis uses the books as a proselytizing platform. Which he does. Thus, the anon is "not a fan."

I'm a fedora-tipping faggot and I love the Narnia books, though. I can handle a little proselytizing here and there. The first two movies were great, and I read somewhere that The Silver Chair's script is finished.

What I really want is some Space Trilogy movies.
>>
Fuck that, what we need is a studio and director with some balls to do His Dark Materials properly, hopefully deleting every copy of The Golden Compass that exists in the process.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.