[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is she right? I mean it's almost 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 640x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 640x635
Is she right? I mean it's almost 2016
>>
she's right
>>
I wonder if she actually cares or if shes just trying to sound politically correct
>>
All Black Female casting when?
>>
Why does she give a fuck? She's got slanty eyes but she's not Japanese. She should be celebrating Japs getting pushed out of their own works.
>>
>>62743003
Thought the chinks made their own version
>>
Nobody went on a rant against Edge of Tomorrow and that was japanese too

Why does this gets a free pass but everybody loses their shit over Death Note or Ghost in the shell?
>>
who could they even hire if they wanted to do it with japanese actors

none of them speak english
>>
What's the problem? It's a Western adaptation so of course it can change whatever they like. The Japs have already done their own film version.
>>
Do they cast white people in asian adaptations of hollywood films?

Anyway, I don't like anime and stuff but I really enjoyed the live action death note movies.
>>
>>62743052
none of these people actually care
>>
>>62743060

Edge of tomorrow/All You Need is Kill isn't as popular or well known.
>>
>>62743060
Because that series was never popular on /a/
>>
>>62743003
literally no one in chinese cartoons are asian, or else their eyes wouldnt be as big and round as fucking grape fruits
>>
Its funny, cause people will barerly care about that
Its either blacks or no one care
>>
>>62743088

Boy /tv/ sure does talk about black people more than actual black people do.
>>
File: 4848.jpg (20 KB, 243x240) Image search: [Google]
4848.jpg
20 KB, 243x240
Now hold on, the people in manga look nothing like asians. It's called mukokuseki, it literally means stateless, as in "nobody". They're supposed to look like people, but not like any certain racial group of people unless stated specifically so. Japanese people look nothing like in Death Note, you might as well cast anyone with pale skin.
>>
>image.jpg

kill yourself
>>
>>62743003
I kinda agree. Especially in the upcoming Ghost in the Shell movie where Scarlett "piggu" Johansson is playing the Major.

Then again there's already a japanese live-action version of the Death Note manga and it's shit because Japanese idol culture prevents them from ever spawning decent actors, and us westerners will play an important roll in their replacement.
>>
she's just angry she wasn't cast in it.
>>
>>62743003
Upboated just cause hot asian chick. 99% of them are nneckbasements thinking they'll get sum puss.
>>
Who should they cast as L?

I vote Andrew Garfield.
>>
>>62743003
When do remakes of foreign movies ever keep the race or nationality of the original?

Never. Not when foreign countries remake American movies either.
>>
You guys get outraged at the idea of Spider-man and James Bond being played by non-white actors, and you're going to get mad at this person for this criticism? Way to be consistent
>>
File: 1392724549893.jpg (67 KB, 630x623) Image search: [Google]
1392724549893.jpg
67 KB, 630x623
>>62743085
>>62743094
>>
the slants should stop drawing white characters then
>>
>>62743101
Without Scarlett Johansson involved the film was never going to get made. Once she agree it got studio sign-off and funding confirmed.

So either ScarJo and film, or no film at all. Take your pick.
>>
>>62743003
Contemporary japs can't act for shit
>>
>>62743059
They did. But it sucked ass.
>>
>>62743128
>implying its not true

your chinese cartoons arent even chinese bro
>>
2 0 1 5

COME ON PEOPLE
>>
>>62743094
This is true, but doesn't Death Note take place in modern day Japan? Surely its a given that they're Japanese?

The real issue is that there aren't loads of Japanese actors to cast in such a film and using a hodgepodge of asian ethnicities isn't much better than white washing the whole film
>>
No Change location + No Change race = Ok, It's literal translation
>Japanese characters in Japan
Change location + Change race = Ok, it's adapting the story to a new enviroment and the people who live there
>Japanese characters in Japan turned into American characters in America
No Change location + Change race = Wrong, they felt out of place
>American characters in Japan as local Japanese people
Change location + No Change race = Wrong, they felt out of place
>Japanese characters in Germany.

That's all, it's more racist for example the Attack of Titan live action movie with all japanese cast doing germanic roles than a possible Death Note, Ghost in the Shell or Akira movie adapted in New York with american adapted characters for example.
>>
Seriously though, why is Hollywood so anti-Asian? They're pushing blacks pretty hard these days.
>>
>>62743003

Considering how bad these movies usually are I think most Asian actors would be smart to stay away.

They already failed badly by not casting Zac Efron as Light.
>>
If they don't want white people why do they draw them with wide eyes and perfect physiques?
>>
>>62743188
all look the same
>>
>making a movie out of an anime/manga

100% shit, always
>>
File: Toei_Spider-Man_costume.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Toei_Spider-Man_costume.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>62743126
The Japanese Spider-man was played by a Japanese man. He also has a giant robot. No-one complains about that.
>>
>>62743126
If a majority black country adapted a movie for their majority black audience I really wouldn't give a fuck.

I don't even give a fuck about Idris playing Bond. I think it's a decent casting.
>>
>>62743003
What an incredibly arrogant and selfish comment. People have to make money off somewhere to sustain their families. These huge blockbusters open job oportunities for thousands and thousands of poor people. Get fucked whatever this woman is.
>>
File: 1447268527694.jpg (52 KB, 1024x704) Image search: [Google]
1447268527694.jpg
52 KB, 1024x704
>live action deathnote
>live action WESTERN deathnote
this movie is going to be cringeworthy
>>
>>62743164
It could be set anywhere. Nothing about the story ties it to Japan. Many film adaptations have changes locations of the source material, this would hardly be the first time.
>>
>>62743213

They should just do a shot for shot remake of the live action nippon one, except in English and L must be played by a black transgender girl.
>>
>British play Germans in majority of Black and White films

No Outrage

>Blacks play White roles in films

Comments from whites who are labelled racists. "Their skin colour doesn't matter, it has nothing to do with the character"

>Whites steal Black role

Mass outrage from White Women attending College

>Whites playing Japanese cartoons

Please explain how Motoko's skin colour is even remotely relevant? She isn't even human at this point.

>It's ok when a black person does it.
>>
>>62743199
So do black people though.
>>
>>62743126
Well, I think you already knew this, but no one actually likes black people.
>>
WHY ARE YOU USING AMERICAN PEOPLE TO MAKE AN AMERICAN VERSION OF THIS?
>>
>>62743146
You're an idiot, mate.
>>
Name an anime where the characters have any japanese/asian features other than language
>>
>>62743201

What is Oldboy, Lady Snowblood, Lone Wolf and Cub saga...

But at 85% you are rigth anyways
>>
File: pp.jpg (97 KB, 610x861) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
97 KB, 610x861
>>62743258

Ping Pong from based Masaaki Yuasa is the first one to came to my mind, faggot
>>
>>62743257
>says the guy who thinks chinese cartoons are actual chinese characters

yeah, real bright you are mate
>>
>>62743220
Nigga I'm looking at my physical copy of the manga right now, it says right here when L was broadcasting to the world for the very first time he did it in the Kanto region of Japan.
>>
>>62743201
Black Swan
>>
I haven't even watched Death Note since middle school, but aren't a majority of the characters already European/American?
>>
>>62743282

do japs even care about ping pong? isnt that a chinese thing?
>>
>>62743297
thanks for supporting my point
>>
>>62743294
I don't think you understand what he said m8.

The location isn't important at all.
>>
>>62743258
tekkonkinkreet
>>
>>62743288
Whatever, buddy.
>>
what if the manga is japanese but it features white people
>>
>>62743307
Explain how the smartest student in the world is a dumb, white American instead of a superior asian alpha male?
>>
>>62743307
I believe he was just arguing that the manga was set in Japan, and thus the characters were Japanese and not intended to be "stateless".
>>
>>62743294

and this is the hollywood version

for all we know its set in fucking LA and the characters are all obnoxious californians

nothing about the story will change
>>
So are asians the next big "wahh wahh" demographic? Dear god please don't let latinos be next, I could not take 3rd generation hispanics doing this, I don't do it and I'm not even from the U.S.
>>
>>62743303

It's an asian thing overall, don't be racist saying it's only for chinks and not for japs or yellow monkeys as I call them.
>>
what does the origin of the stories conception have to do with anything.
>>
I suppose an all white cast with japanese names would be strange but I really don't care as long as it's a good adaptation and stays true to the original beats of the manga/anime.
>>
>>62743339

This happens
>>
>>62743003
I have to agree that it's wrong.

Racial appropriation is never excused with me.

I won't be seeing it.

And the thing is it's liberals who are doing this shit.
>>
>>62743389
In case you hadn't figured it out yet, liberals are the enemy.
>>
>>62743384
I'm more butthurt they made the environment grimdark

the idyllic european hamlet + savage man-eating giants worked so well
>>
>>62743384
I haven't read AoT in a while but doesn't Mikasa being asian make her immune to some kind mind wipe thing?
>>
Do people spend all of their time thinking about what they could complain about nowadays? Literally all I see on the internet is complaining.
>>
File: shunkou.jpg (116 KB, 800x1261) Image search: [Google]
shunkou.jpg
116 KB, 800x1261
>>62743094
>It's called mukokuseki, it literally means stateless, as in "nobody".

Ho up, so what you're saying is Yoruichi (best girl) isn't a Nubian princess? I'm going to need to see some empirical evidence sensei.
>>
>>62743442

Mikasa is the only asian character in that world yes.

I think she's half-asian if I recall, some german had yellow fever.
>>
>>62743468
> complaining about complaining
u wut m8?
>>
File: 1319660768244.jpg (71 KB, 233x233) Image search: [Google]
1319660768244.jpg
71 KB, 233x233
>>62743426
>>
The current state of Japanese cinema and overall talent is so atrocious it would be impossible to cast all Japanese actors for this film.
>>
>>62743468
>2015, almost 2016
>not complaining about something

COME ON MAN, IT'S [CURRENT YEAR]!
>>
>>62743479

Bleach turned into shit so fast, fucking Kubo wasting a ghost detective teenager story for Dragon Ball Z with swords...
>>
>>62743488
Heh. I'm not complaining, I'm genuinely curious. What the fuck happened that made us this way?
>>
>>62743468

yes

as someone who doesnt live in the first world, its astounding to see

you people literally have so little to worry about you're actually complaining and having internet fights about shit like this
>>
>>62743479

>no big lips
>no big nose
>no fat ass

no m8
>>
>>62743186
Not really comparable. Attack on Titan is a Japanese-language film. The pool of white people living in Japan who are fluent in Japanese who also happen to have a passable amount of acting talent and enough attractiveness to star in a movie is very, very, very small. You're pretty much asking for the impossible there. But the United States and Canada have a large Asian population to draw from. Just Hollywood's home state of California is 15% Asian, it shouldn't take much effort for them to find Asian actors for these roles.
>>
>>62743490
My new wife hnnnnnggggg
>>
>Manga artists often draw their characters as very western
Wew, lads.
>>
>>62743497
>saying shit about my waifu's country

DON'T DARE
>>
Now she is making an appeal to purity of an adaption but I bet she also would be in favor of toning down the sexualization of Misa for example.

you can't have both lady.
>>
>>62743500
That's what you get for indulging in Shounenshit. You may as well read western comics (also in retarded power fantasy tier).
>>
>>62743490
When first world countries become so PC that people can be convicted of thought crimes don't say that you weren't warned.
>>
>>62743509

asian doesnt mean japanese

and you know full well liberals will blow a fuse if they cast chinese/koreans or whatever as japanese characters

>THEY ARENT ALL THE SAME!!! RACISM!!
>>
File: 032_bandit_keith_money.jpg (30 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
032_bandit_keith_money.jpg
30 KB, 410x308
>How american characters looks like in japan
>>
>>62743003

COME ON
O
M
E

O
N
>>
Why do Westerners tend to assume all cartoons have been made for them? Just because Japanese have noticeably small eyes does not mean you whites and spics have noticeably big eyes.
>>
>>62743549

wasnt the blonde bimbo with the fat tits american as well?
>>
>>62743529
Japanese movie industry was beautiful for a long time, but now it's all committee bullshit. The films they release now are the antithesis of creativity and art.
>>
File: kaiji2-17.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kaiji2-17.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>>62743258
>>
>>62743509

CAST WHITE PEOPLE
DUB THEM TO JAPANESE LATER
???
PROFIT

Italy have been doing that for 70 years so come on.
>>
>>62743562

what the fuck are you on about lad
>>
>>62743587

Ok I agree... Only cause I have planed to watch the ballad of narayama today and you post that pic somehow, so you have my appreciation for read my mind
>>
>>62743518
Great, another Hollywood feature film casting all Japanese leads for a famous CARTOON ANIME PEOPLE (who look nothing like Japanese people) manga. I'm sure the cartoon people are gonna love that. #chinkisjustmadshedidntgetapart
>>
>>62743426
>>62743053
>>62743066
>>62743088
>>62743235

>liberals appropriate white characters into black characters
>"IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN YOU'RE RACIST!"

>liberals appropriate Asian characters into white characters
>crickets chirp

The problem is Asians have their own independent film industries, they're very successful at it, so liberals feel no guilt whatsoever in westernizing Asian shit. It's basically the same thinking that allows liberals to deny admissions to certain universities to Asians: they're smart, creative, and don't need the white liberal's hand-feeding.

However blacks are like children, can't do anything in film and TV at all without hand-feeding from whites, They're creatively bankrupt and just CAN'T come up with their own sci-fi. fantasy, etc. and are totally dependent on whites to provide for them, so whites for the sake of "fairness" feel this mother-like need to provide for them while attacking anyone who disagrees as racist.

Which is where the difference comes from.

It sounds fucked up but that's the way it is.
>>
>>62743529
My new wife hnnngggg
>>
>Western film company casting western leads
japan already made a death note movie, stupid bitch
>>
>>62743590
Comparatively, asian peoples might have smaller eyes than western peoples, but they are still nothing when compared to anime eyes. There is nothing "white" about anime at all.

The fact that so many of you will vehemently defend this stance is weird, and just goes to show how truly racist some of you really are on the inside.
>>
>>62743604
I agree with this.
>>
The japs had their chance at a live action Deathnote.
>>
>>62743532
Misa was a shit character. I wouldn't mind if they cut her completely.

>>62743060
Complaining about whitewashing in Ghost in the Shell is quite valid, because it's Hong Kong setting in inherently tied to the themes of the film.

Nobody complained about the All You Need is Kill adaption because it's an obscure series, whereas Death Note and Ghost in the Shell are massive internationally recognized franchises.

Also, why the fuck did Hollywood decide to use the name "Edge of Tomorrow?" That's such a lame change. The original title is great.

>>62743589
>DUB THEM TO JAPANESE LATER
Come on man, that's a terrible idea. Nobody likes hearing dubs.
>>
>>62743651

its just a meme you dunce
>>
File: yo.jpg (440 KB, 980x1447) Image search: [Google]
yo.jpg
440 KB, 980x1447
>>62743504
>>no big lips
>>no big nose
>>no fat ass
I know she is the wrong color, but still. Damn.
>>
This movie has the dumb chink translation anyway.

IT'S SUICIDE NOTE YOU FUCKING RETARDS!!!!!
>>
All anime stars white people. Death Note has blonde haired and brown haired characters. Some have light eyes. These are not Japanese traits.

Look at pic related; only one could arguably be called Japanese.
>>
She's right.

I'm against arbitrary race swaps. I don't like it when they hamfistedly make Characters black and I don't like it when they make characters white
>>
>>62743060
>Nobody went on a rant against Edge of Tomorrow and that was japanese too

I did

also casting an aging Tom Cruise over a fresh recruit really took out the gut punch of dying over and over again
>>
>>62743673
The only one of those girls you have any real argument for is Mugi, and judging by her eyebrows she very likely dyes her hair. Brown and black hair exist naturally in Japan.
>>
>>62743677
>>62743003
No she's not right, It's a fucking ADAPTATION made by WHITE PEOPLE. It's fucking retarded.
>>
>>62743677
In this case the casting is correct. Nearly all anime and manga have white lead characters.

Pic related. All white characters.
>>
Asians are ugly so its ok for them to be whitewashed.
>>
>>62743673
Anime also has purple and blue haired characters.

>>62743691
Yeah, but without Tom Cruise the film would have been a bigger commercial bomb than it already was.
>>
>>62743717
>>62743673
how ashamed are your parents of you
>>
Pic related is the only accurate depiction of an ethnic Japanese ever seen in anime.
>>
>>62743717
>white skin = white features
>blonde hair and blue eyes meaning anything in shows with hair colors such as blue, pink, purple, green, fucking silver even right there in your very own picture

Americans are this stupid.
>>
Black leads for black people.
Asian leads for asian people.
White leads for everyone.
>>
Casting people specifically because of their race is racist a fuck.

Also, most Americans know jack shit about Japanese culture. Why the hell would a director incorporate a culture that they don't even understand into an adaption aimed at western audiences? Hell, Japanese culture isn't even an integral part of Death Note.

As if fucking Japan hasn't adapted things and changed shit to fit to their customs. I mean, the other year, some Japanese director remade Unforgiven for fuck sake, and NO one white about them yellowing it up. And if they did, they'd be RACIST.
>>
>>62743705
And she wears blue contacts too, huh?
>>
>>62743798
many films involving japanese culture have been used by hoolwood. The audiences familiarity with a setting is irrelevant
>>
>>62743838
Honestly, I suspect they'll cut out the shinigami aspect altogether.
>>
>>62743003
It's not the fact that they're white it's the fact that Hollywood is ruining everything that I liked
>>
>>62743705
>Brown and black hair exist naturally in Japan.
>Brown

This is the result of yankee rape.
>>
>Death Note and Ghost in the Shell are massive internationally recognized franchises
and Americans who don't watch anime still have no idea what either show is

Until there's a significantly larger pool of Asian actors recognizable in the US, Hollywood is going to whitewash any anime property they decide to adapt.
>>
Shinigami (死神?, "death god" or "death spirit") are gods or supernatural spirits that invite humans toward death, and can be seen to be present in certain aspects of Japanese religion and culture.

It's like Idris Elba playing a nordic god
>>
>>62743838
Um, Japan isn't the only culture that has supposed beings like that retard. Ever heard of the Grim Reaper? All they gotta do is change the Shinigami to Grim Reapers. Problem solved.
>>
>>62743827
Like I said, it's the only one you have any argument for. The other ones are asian and look asian to me, an asian. The way we see anime characters is completely out of our control, everyone is naturally racist towards seeing their own race.
>>
>>62743901
I see 5 black lines
>>
>>62743854
>many films involving japanese culture have been used by hoolwood.
and all of them sucked because they came off as unauthentic. The only one passable was Letters from Iwo Jima, and that's because it was about war.
>>
File: gakuen.jpg (89 KB, 873x552) Image search: [Google]
gakuen.jpg
89 KB, 873x552
>>62743766
>all Japanese have to look like my 70s caricatures or my insecure white boy feefees will get hurt :'(
>>
>>62743620

Keep your dirty hands away from her you scum.
>>
>>62743003
I love it so -
>>
>>62743003
>The white people movies are only casting white people
>Japanese comics can only have Japanese people
>Muh hypocrisy
>>
File: 1358652718441.jpg (217 KB, 1272x700) Image search: [Google]
1358652718441.jpg
217 KB, 1272x700
Japanese are literally honorary Aryans and therefore white - Hitler said so himself.
>>
>>62743930
Its hollywood, its all fake and shit, like a story about a moralfag with a magic book.
>>
>>62743003
>>62743003
She is right. But it's going to be 1000% unadulterated shit anyway because it's coming from Hollywood, stupid casting descisions or no.
>>
FUCK YOU WHITE PIGGU, JAPAN CARTOONS ARE FOR JAPANESE EYES ONLY. PROJECT ALL YOU WANT, AT LEAST WE ARE NOT STUCK MAKING SHITTY MOVIES ABOUT "INFERIOR" FOREIGN PEOPLE.
>>
>>62743932
looks like you're the one whose feelings got hurt
>>
>>62743003
Would this same person bitch and moan about how Akira Kurosawa's Ran (an adaptation of King Lear) didn't contain any Brits? Probably not.

Seems like it's a one way street
>>
>>62743673
Senpai
>>
>>62743348
> Asian Alpha Male

Keks all around, Master Ching!
>>
>>62744004
The fuck? They replaced f-a-m with senpai? What is this shit?
>>
>>62743993
eh weak
>>
have you seen the character designs? They look white anyway. Also, who cares?
>>
Why is it always Chinese and Koreans who are whiteknighting for Japanese in American pop culture and never Japanese themselves? Did Nanjing turn them into clucks?
>>
>>62743932
>All hiding their teeth their mangled inbred teeth

Even they know the anime screencap is spot-on.
>>
>heimdall is black
lel who cares
>deadshot is black
lel who cares
>aquaman is an islander
lel who cares
>japanese manga going to have white leads
HOW FUCKING DARE YOU FUCKING WHITE PEOPLE, STOP TAKING NON-WHITE CHARACTERS
>>
>>62743872
>and Americans who don't watch anime still have no idea what either show is
The average >25 year old has at least heard of Death Note and other major mainstream anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WawrfHBsCCA

>>62743918
>>62743827
>>62743673
Mate, the Japanese don't mean for them to look western. Western characters in manga have long noses and wide chines and other features that distinguish them from the Asian ones.
>>
>>62744019
Remove this idiot please
>>
>>62743003

Death Note is one of the most american manga/anime out there, when I read it I actually thought it'd be better off as an american TV series rather than an anime, it literally features none of the usual jap bullshit that goes on in most anime.
>>
>>62744060
those actors actually have straight teeth and you try to write them off as britbongs

s m h t b q h f am
>>
>>62744088
>Japanese don't mean for them to look western
Haha, nope.
This is exactly the point of drawing such characters, japs love western look.
>>
But Lifetime already ripped off... I mean, "adapted" Death Note!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U38FryqtrA
>>
File: Unbroken-846251381-large.jpg (151 KB, 810x1200) Image search: [Google]
Unbroken-846251381-large.jpg
151 KB, 810x1200
>>62743968
btw japs hated movie Unbroken, and said it is American propaganda.
>>
>>62744119
In Japan having fucked up teeth is seen as very cute and childlike. Google 'yaeba', as an example.
>>
In this case there were already live adaptions from japan. A western remake with western actors is just going to be another drop of piss in the sea of manga adaptions.
>>
File: Twilight-L.jpg (111 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
Twilight-L.jpg
111 KB, 750x450
>Japanese beauty standards and fashion trends

And people wonder why Hollywood won't cast them.
>>
>>62744122
they see them as japanese people unless stated otherwise. if you ever lived in japan you can easily what archetype they're getting at with each of the characters that look similar to real life. hairstyle, eyes and all.

jeez all these rednecks who think asians only come in the hollywood china doll asa akira model.
>>
>>62743003
I dont watch anime shit but don't japanese make a lot of their anime characters white? A lot look white and I remember reading that in that book/show attack on titan all the asians had went extinct or something
>>
>>62744188

ONI! ONI! TASKETE KUDASAI! KIETAAAAA! BAKEMONO! BAKEMONO! TASKETE! YADA YADA! TASKETEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

jesus christ that's an disgusting.
>>
>>62743003
already a japanese death note movie
>>
>>62744231
>but don't japanese make a lot of their anime characters white?

Yes. It is assumed a series' characters are white unless specifically stated otherwise.
>>
>>62743258
Holy shit are you serious
Do you know how many samurai anime there are
or anime about the social pressures exerted on a highly nationalistic ancestor worshiping Japanese youth population
or heavily themed with shintoism, which approximately fucking no white people actually practice with any form of reverence or sincerity?
>>
>>62744213
>characters that look similar to real life. hairstyle, eyes and all.
Hahahahaha.
Jap = short, wide, black hair, brown eyes, fat legs.
They all look the same.
Google images of real japanese people, not fucking actors/models.
>>
ITT fedoras and pol trying2hard at white egocentrism
>>
>>62744265
are you saying you look like Chris Hemsworth? of course actors are going to look more attractive than the average person

kek at this retard
>>
>>62744277
shhh i find it entertaining
>>
>another
Edge of tomorrow is the only other example and those movies could be canceled before release
>>
>>62744285
Western people have different hair, height and body type.
While japs - closed islanders, and they all look the same.
>>
>>62744309

all have big noses and chins
>>
>>62743052
Seeing as how she's Asian, she probably cares
>>
File: 035.jpg (112 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
035.jpg
112 KB, 512x640
This is what real Japanese look like. Note the defeated look on her face. The complete and total absence of happiness.

Can you say Anime resembles her in any way? I think not.
>>
File: 1447418334270.gif (999 KB, 250x174) Image search: [Google]
1447418334270.gif
999 KB, 250x174
Someone needs to remind her that, like all anime rumored to become movie, its not even gonna get a studio approved script before its thrown back in the asian toilet.
>>
File: 020.jpg (110 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
020.jpg
110 KB, 512x640
These are Japanese. Anime does not depict these people.
>>
>>62743003

I wonder if they would object if all characters were played by black women
>>
File: 1.jpg (20 KB, 236x302) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
20 KB, 236x302
>>62743003
pretty racist desu senpai
>>
Daily remeinder

All You Need is Kill was never an anime and all this garbage they are suggesting be made into movies relies on shit characters and shit concepts that NORMAL westerners will refuse to identify with.
>>
>>62744355

code?
>>
Just in the last few years....

The Human Torch, Felix Leiter, Ms. Moneypenny, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, Heimdall, Aquaman, The entire cast of Annie, the entire cast of the Honeymooners, Dr. Loomis, The Equalizer, Nick Fury, Will Smith's character in I Am Legend, Deadshot, The Karate Kid, etc. etc.

In comics, they've changed Spider-Man, Captain America, and others from white to black.

Liberals completely overlook all of this, because they have mental problems.
>>
Wasn't attack on titan piss-washed though?
>>
WAITU PIGGU GO HOOOOOOME
>>
>>62744472
Literally who
>>
>>62744072

Only white people can be racist, check your privilege shitlord
>>
>>62744472
Captain America is just sleeping and fake Spidermans dont count.
>>
>>62743003
The japanese version has all japanese actors. If they are going to make an American version then of course they are going to replace them with American actors.
>>
File: 1425615903470.jpg (57 KB, 661x810) Image search: [Google]
1425615903470.jpg
57 KB, 661x810
>>62743094
>>62743198
>>62743258
Drawing a stick figure of a white person will be very simplistic with very little distinctive features as opposed to drawing an asian face which will most likely have slant eyes as this thread has evidently proven. In Japan it's different since they're the simplicity so they will see themselves as distinctive-less. White stereotypes in Japan are portrayed as having blue eyes, blonde hair, and distinctive noses.
>>
File: ameme.png (136 KB, 244x327) Image search: [Google]
ameme.png
136 KB, 244x327
This is how the Japanese draw Americans.
>>
>>62744575

>"You're a towel!"
>>
File: evil-ed.jpg (59 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
evil-ed.jpg
59 KB, 620x413
>>62744188
>>
>>62743003
well there already IS an all Japanese version, plus its a little hypocritical to be be mad about race shifting when its non-white to white but its all good when a white character is being made non-white
>>
File: ;_;.jpg (13 KB, 209x105) Image search: [Google]
;_;.jpg
13 KB, 209x105
>>62744568
>>
>>62743604
Asains do that to our films too so idc
>>
File: addio zio tom.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
addio zio tom.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>62743604
this desu
>>
>>62744568
>In Japan it's different since they're the simplicity so they will see themselves as distinctive-less.
The reason you consider whites to have little distinctive features is because they are the norm in the west. There is nothing distinctive about the average.
>>
>>62743003
Spam reply all the japanese comments about the new star wars nigger.
>>
>>62743384
This looks.....off
Is it a fan made project?
>>
File: image_11.jpg (75 KB, 558x424) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
75 KB, 558x424
>>62743549
This is what they think about our foreign policy
>>
>>62743258
>>62743258
Urasawa draws ethnically distinct characters in all his manga
>>
>>62743003
But aren't anime characters drawn white? I get that they're Japanese, but artists prefer them to be white.
>>
>>62744472
Peter Parker is alive and kicking, in an alternate universe Peter died and was succeeded by nigger-man who was added to the main universe a couple of weeks ago. Peter is still alive and the main spider-man. There's also already like 7 other different Spider-men running around, including an indian and british spider-man in the new Web Warriors ongoing (both from alternate universes)

Cap's super-soldier serum stopped working so he got old and he's now purely a leader/strategist, Falcon (his longest partner and best friend) took over, they fucking hate each other right now and even in the comics a lot of bystanders go "Not my cap".
>>
>JUST BECAUSE IT'S ANIME MEANS ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE ASIAN!
Wrong. Why would anyone cast Asians in a work of fiction where you can have literally any race of people as characters?
And remake your own fucking movies, you chink cunt. Hollywood isn't going to cast Asians because they're ugly and box-office poison.
Hiroyuki Sanada is a notable exception. He's awesome as fuck.
>>
>>62745354
>Hollywood isn't going to cast Asians because they're ugly and box-office poison
Maybe in reddit land
>>
File: 1423108459105.jpg (49 KB, 371x480) Image search: [Google]
1423108459105.jpg
49 KB, 371x480
>>62743549
>Looking like a bad ass
>Patriot as fuck

I'm ok with this sterotype.
>>
Only low iq /v/editors seem to think so
>>
if they cast a Hollywood film with an all Asian cast it would bomb horribly, everyone would think it was some foreign film

sad, but true
>>
>>62743604
>creatively bankrupt

everyamericanmusicgenre.jpg
>>
>>62743604
How and why are people attributing this to liberals? It doesn't seem like something liberals are happy with? Why is /tv/ so fucking retarded?
>>
>>62743302
Mello, Near and people involved with the investigation especially aftern L's death are European.
Light, the police investigation team, Misa and most minor characters are Japanese.

Don't even remember what L was supposed to be but put Ben Whishaw in the role and I can see it working. Don't know who is actually playing the part though.
>>
The Japanese design all of their characters to look white, so no. They want this.
>>
>>62747332
L was definitely Japanese, his looks and personality were taken from the woman who wrote Death Note.
>>
File: 1430219530492.png (171 KB, 567x430) Image search: [Google]
1430219530492.png
171 KB, 567x430
>Korean
>Getting mad for Japanese people

Even Asians can't tell each other apart.
>>
>>62743003
There's already the Japanese Deathnote movies. Now Hollywood needs it's own white version. Big surprise huh?
As an Asian-American male, I say this bitch needs to shut up.
>>
>>62743350
They ARE stateless, because the same could been about a county in America or Britain or Russia.
Now, if the plot is intertwined with Japanese culture and beliefs, then it's shit to whitewash it
>>
Why are people mad that most actors and actresses in America are white?

Most people in America are white. I'm betting most people on Nigerian TV are black. Is that raycis too?
>>
>>62747363
Seriously though, what the fuck?

And there was already a Japanese movie anyways. Hollywood has nothing to do with Japan, hence the word "adaption".
>>
The Japanese live action Death Note was atrocious.

I don't see how this will be better.
>>
File: seven.jpg (130 KB, 944x305) Image search: [Google]
seven.jpg
130 KB, 944x305
>>62743003
>western cinema has stolen japanese stories and remade the with white characters for ages
>only now is it considered wrong
>>
>>62748142
If I remember correctly "A Fistful of Dollars" was a pretty big deal back in the day.
>>
>>62743003
Well, maybe if they didn't design their anime/manga characters with round eyes and brown/blonde/red hair, people wouldn't get so confused.

Really, fuck you. The characters are white. Same with the last airbender.
>>
>>62743094
someone post the image of the asianized Death Note character drawings
>>
>>62748365
Well, except for the water tribe, which even then had completley Caucasian features aside from the tan skin
>>
The japs didnt cast any german for their shit live movie of Attack on Titan
>>
>>62743562
Wat
>>
>>62743040
I agree but the main demographic in the west is white people, so it makes sense. It's not like they're saying "asians aren't good enough for the role", it's that they're saying "white people will be able to self insert or become more invested if the main cast is the same race as them"
>>62743052
she cares. if there's anything social media like twitter and youtube have proven it's that asian women fucking hate white men. look at the woman who founded kickstartr or the bitch who got canned from leddit.
>>
>>62743204
anyone who complains about best adaptation are plebeians of the highest magnitude.
>>
>>62743542
it's called Liberal Fascism.
>>
>>62743003
NO Japan already made at least two death note movies.
>>
File: 1339624458475.jpg (128 KB, 647x670) Image search: [Google]
1339624458475.jpg
128 KB, 647x670
>>62747659
>Most people in America are white
>>
>>62743213
He could have played Light.
He could have been someone famous.
He could have been so much more than he was.
>>
>>62748678
>Liberal Fascism
Yeah, like dry water.
>>
>>62748142
Big difference between re-making 7 Samurai with white samurai....in Japan, vs. taking the concept and turning them into guns for hire in the old west of the U.S., starring whites and hispanics.

The same thing applies with Death Note.

I can see them re-writing the story to have a similar concept with whites in the U.S., but to basically re-make the Japanese films that have already been made, IN Japan, using whites, is just fucking stupid.

I don't want to watch white "samurai", or black "knights in armor", or Japanese "Romans", because it looks stupid, out of place, and is clearly designed to force a political agenda at the expense of intelligent casting and writing.

Death Note is a Japanese story, set in Japan, and should be cast with Japanese / Asian actors. Period.
>>
>>62748707

Do you think that's not true?

What a dumb ass.
>>
If the original for asians already has asians in it, I dont see why the white version shouldnt have whites in it. Its about the target audience. People seem to be getting more and more stupid.
>>
>>62743003
She's right but I'm more likely to go see a movie in English with a bunch of whites people than a Japanese chink movie.
>>
File: 1447464354163.jpg (87 KB, 540x482) Image search: [Google]
1447464354163.jpg
87 KB, 540x482
>>62748792
Didn't mean to upset you, buddy, you keep on believing whatever you want.
>>
>Japan makes movies featuring Japanese people

>Africans make movies featuring blacks

>Indians make movies featuring Indians

Where's the outrage?
>>
>>62743003
Japanese are honerary White, its not racist to replace White people with different White people
>>
File: 1418591670367.jpg (153 KB, 1024x508) Image search: [Google]
1418591670367.jpg
153 KB, 1024x508
Why do people want Death Note/Evangelion/Akira live action films? There is a 0% chance of them being good.
>>
>>62748760
>tips
>>
File: 1430910540956.jpg (262 KB, 800x807) Image search: [Google]
1430910540956.jpg
262 KB, 800x807
>>
File: 1445626519453.jpg (10 KB, 264x242) Image search: [Google]
1445626519453.jpg
10 KB, 264x242
>>62748932
>Asian girls
>big eyes
>>
>>62743003

Why is it a point bitching about? Not only are there three movies already in Japan but there's also a television show coming out about it soon if it's not out already. This is bullshit.
>>
If the film takes place in america like old boy, is it still racist. There is already a japanese death note film
>>
>>62743003
is an adaptation like the Japanese Spider-Man (who is better by the way)

fuck this cry babies
>>
>>62748880
You have zero proofs otherwise
>>
>>62749139

There are many Jews in US. They breed to look white, but their Jewish face is noticeable underneath.

Pic related
>>
>>62749182
So you have no proofs
>>
>>62749284

I have proof that you're a faggot
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.