[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is fucking lame and I love mr show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
This is fucking lame and I love mr show
>>
>it's an "old guys trying to relive the good times" episode
>>
torrent when?
>>
>>62742988
Next is MST3K.
>>
The intro music makes me feel... not good? Its strange but not in a good way.
>>
It's fucking great, don't let the redditors tell you any different.
>>
I liked it for what it was. I'm just glad to see more Mr Show, done in the modern day.

Who did the opening? its seems very Tim & Eric or like one of those adult swim bumps
>>
>>62743238
>Who did the opening? its seems very Tim & Eric

Are you fucking serious? Have you never heard of Monty Python? You fucking disgust me.
>>
>>62743207
ep 1 and 2 were shit

ep 3 so far is really good with the first few sketches
>>
i couldn't get past the sketch of the no nonsense judge.
>>
it was sort of meh. it seems like they lost their edge and the continuity between sketches was missing half the time
>>
>>62745410

Only seen the first 2 episodes but agree with this so far, still decent.
>>
>>62745410
>we're not going to spend 3 days trying to write a transition for one sketch

They address it in the making of
>>
>>62742972
Typical /tv/ reaction.
>This new thing sucks because it's popular

or it's
>This new thing that no one knows about is GOAT
then once other people learn about it
>it's trash
>>
>>62744662
In that case you'd never get through any Mr Show episode.
>>
>>62746616
okay jeez, it's just that is was kind of the mr show thing
>>
Does the hour-long "fifth episode" have any jokes or is just them talking about show production?
>>
I loved it.

The cop sketch is top tier
>>
>>62747237
it's just a making of special, interesting, but not funny
>>
>>62742972
first ep kind of sucked. the rest were 7/10. mr show shouldve stayed dead
>>
>>62747237

Surprisingly humorless. It's the standard making-of doc, we watch them sitting around in a writer's room, we watch clips of the sketches we just saw, we cut to talking-head footage where they all say nice things about each other.
>>
File: Ufbr5ej.webm (330 KB, 326x294) Image search: [Google]
Ufbr5ej.webm
330 KB, 326x294
>>62746622
you mean /tv/ is full of contrarian hipsters?
>>
Finally made it through all the episodes and it's awful.

So much of it just seems like variations on their old sketches. They actually do a "thanks Obama" joke, along with references to internet humor (heaven is totes realz lol). Most of the jokes feel at least a few years old.

Idk. The tides have turned I guess. Seeing a sketch that lampoons America's Christian culture doesn't have the bite it had in 1996. Feels like more of the same.
>>62746622
Except this isn't popular.
>>
>>62746616
They talk about it in the mr show commentaries and books etc. David and Bob hated the links, other guys like Bill didnt mind them.

Watching this I'm in favour of the link cause it gives some rhythm to the show. When you've got random sketches they seem so abrupt and it feels weird, like its SNL without the commercials or music breaks to give it some rhythm.
>>
A lot of the sketches fell flat but I lol'd at the "cunt" sketch quite a bit
>>
>>62751158
Haha yeah, perfectly satirized dumbasses who hate women.
>>
>>62749658
>They actually do a "thanks Obama" joke, along with references to internet humor (heaven is totes realz lol).

The is classic Mr. Show style anon. If anything internet humor is based more on Mr. Show than the other way around
>>
>>62751221
This is quite a stretch. So Mr. Show is responsible for meme culture? Are you trying to say Mr. Show kind of sucks or what?

Whatever came first, it seems now that they've fallen behind popular culture, and the originality and subversiveness is lost. "Thanks Obama" has been played to death and they offer no new twist on what wasn't a funny joke to begin with. That's not classic Mr Show style.
>>
>>62751524

http://www.wired.com/2013/10/bob-odenkirk/
>>
>>62751746
Wow. An article. By Wired. I'm sold.
>>
I was thinking for a while that being a comedy writer would be fun but seeing these aged comics was pretty sad
>>
>>62742972
Never saw Mr. Show. I know people who loved it.

W/Robert and Davey is pretty bad.
>>
File: tumblr_nwz6e7b7tA1qdhf59o1_1280.jpg (107 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwz6e7b7tA1qdhf59o1_1280.jpg
107 KB, 640x640
>>62743259
>>62743238

This guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE&list=PLiFy3RVYFL6vYcBfCkJUg034MUZmjf5qe&index=1
>>
>>62742972
It's awesome as fuck. There will never be a better sketch than The Interrogation Sketch.

At first, I was really worried that Tim and Eric would fuck it up... Then I saw the intro and was convinced they would fuck it up... Now I've seen it all twice and I fucking love it.

You're wrong.
>>
Even the better sketches weren't that good - they just had a funny premise. Take that "am I being detained" sketch. Funny set up. Funny character. Goes nowhere.
>>
Scott Aukerman and CBB fucking suck and I could feel his influence in the writing. Other than that, I kek'd a few times.
>>
Just wasn't funny any way you slice it. Way to contrived, a few funny ideas, I am glad they called out country music for just being lists of shit rednecks like. I have been saying that for years. But weak show overall and I love both of those guys I just thought this was lame.
>>
>>62742999
Netflix has a free trial
>>
And why so few episodes? When they announced this, I thought there'd be at least 6. Just seems so half-assed.
>>
>>62753491
It was only supposed to be one hour-long special, but they stretched it out into a few episodes instead.
>>
I get the impression they were patting themselves on the back too much and not being critical of each others work.

>Everybodies funny! You write a sketch! You write a sketch! Everyone just have fun!
>>
>>62742972

I loved it. I died laughing at the "Also... I'm transitioning" part
>>
>>62742972
... Digital.
>>
>>62753646
The part Bob wanted to cut but David just went ahead and did anyway.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.