[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inception Ending Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: inceptiontop.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
inceptiontop.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
ITT: What you think the ending meant
>>
>>62741303
pleb reddit shit
>>
If I stopped that top, would you wake up?
>>
when he spun it for the last time and walked away he didnt care if he was sleeping or not, he was with his kids at last
>>
He wasn't dreaming, the top started to wobble at the end whereas whenever he spun it before it wouldn't stop spinning
>>
the top wasn't his totem it was his wifes

his totem was his wedding ring
>>
File: 1398047255459.png (122 KB, 279x279) Image search: [Google]
1398047255459.png
122 KB, 279x279
>tfw michael caine gave his interpretation of what happens and it's nonsense
>>
Choose the blue pill.
>>
>>62741699
This
>>
>>62741303

Wait, wasn't the top the WIFE'S totem?
>>
>>62741303
the whole point is hobb doesnt care if its real or not, in this reality or dream he gets exactly what hes been after for years
>>
It's real, in his dreams he never remembered the kid's faces
In the final scene, he sees them
>>
his wife was correct and woke up and he has been dreaming the entire film
>>
File: tumblr_mste4sOoRT1svlbsko1_500.gif (689 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mste4sOoRT1svlbsko1_500.gif
689 KB, 500x281
For fuck's sake, stop with this shit already.
He doesn't stay to see if it keeps spinning or not, he just goes to his kids choosing to ingnore the doubt that everyone in the movie and in the audience has by the end: is it real or not? There's no way of knowing, so who the fuck cares
>>
>>62741699

this

how was there ever any debate about it? the fact it started wobbling is all the proof we need
>>
>>62741827
Michael Caine doesn't give a shit about the movies he's in:

>"I have never seen the film, but by all accounts it was terrible. However I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.