[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: wasted potential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Contact_ver2.jpg (51 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
Contact_ver2.jpg
51 KB, 270x400
1st and 2nd act: pretty great, interesting premise, decent character development

3 act: JUST
>>
>refers to film in acts

Literally the plebbest of plebs
>>
>>62738770
and yet this film was still much much better than interstellar
>>
3rd act was great. The whole movie she keeps deriding people for no proof, then gets btfo by her not having any proof.
>>
The Score starring Robert De Niro, Edward Norton, and the last ever film appearance of Marlon Brando

It's got a tremendous cast and it's just completely generic in every way. Marlon Brando of all people going on out a movie like Score is a real shame.
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 1417x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 1417x700
>>62738770
Let's get this out of the way first.

https://youtu.be/VgICnbC2-_Y

https://youtu.be/JAbug3AhYmw
>>
>>62738795
no it wasn't. at the very most, it was on the same level as interstellar
>>
>>62738835
the main issue most people have is that the movie perfectly set her up to travel to an alien city/planet and actually interact with them and proceeded to show us her dead dad.

honestly if they ended it by setting up a sequel, with her arriving on a planet and her looking out into an alien city I'd be pretty happy f.am
>>
File: americanpsycho2.jpg (178 KB, 1451x816) Image search: [Google]
americanpsycho2.jpg
178 KB, 1451x816
>>62738779
>he's never taken a screenwriting course in his life
>>
Interstellar honestly.
I would rather have had the movie just keep going with more planet/relativity shenanigans than him directly going into the black hole.
Dammit. Did anybody read the original script? When it was still a Speilberg movie with a bigger ensemble cast and them going to one planet where the Chinese were already there and they find some crazy gravity box.
I really was more compelled when I read that original script than when I saw the final movie. I love the movie only for the music, visuals.
>>
>>62738899
please. contact showed, in great detail, how the masses would miconstrue a scientific event (white supremacists thinking hitler still lived on sirius, religious nuts bombing the first shuttle). the acting was solid, the characters had growth and change (jodie foster learns to accept that just because she can't explain something doesn't mean she can't believe in it).

interstellar had the power of love cliche, retarded dialogue, 2 hours of nolan beating his audience over the head with needless exposition, wasted characters for my cocaine and redhead, etc. i want to kill whoever fucked up the sound mixing for the film. it was a total mess. even the special effects weren't anything special.
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 996x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 996x1500
I really wish I could love this movie as much as I love the premise. The set was so prime but it fell flat on its face in the second half.
>>
>>62739000
wait, where do i find the original script? this sounds interesting...
>>
the space travel scene was creepy as fuck..i had a bit of ketamin just a few minutes before and it gave me an undiscripeable moment of mind fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scBY3cVyeyA
>>
File: taran.gif (160 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
taran.gif
160 KB, 620x413
>>62738983
I didn't go to screenwriting class, I went to /tv/
>>
>>62739007

Wrong. Objectively this is how good Interstellar and Contact were for their acts.

Contact

1st Act & 2nd Act: 9/10
3rd Act: 1/10

Interstellar

1st Act: 6/10
2nd Act: 9/10
3rd Act: 5/10
>>
File: Contact.webm (3 MB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
Contact.webm
3 MB, 600x250
>>62739181
>person offers specific points where one film was superior to other
>no u!!! here are some numbers/10
>>
>>62738899
No it's easily better. It doesn't have to rely on CGI ,clumsy exposition and hamfisted melodrama
>>
>>62738770
The movie was a bad adaptation, read the book chapter where they contact..
>>
I liked the entire thing except for where they just didn't send a second person.
>>
>>62739334
Eventually they would, that last conversation about the tape pretty much confirmed that they knew there was more to it. But you're right, after what appeared to be a failure like that they'd try again before starting the inquisition about it.
>>
Only bad thing about the movie is it feels a little rushed near the end and it started the "we convieniently built a second one for no real reason" meme that still continues to this day.
>>
>>62739398

Why were they skeptical at all when the giant fucking futuristic gyroscope actually worked and created a gravity well out of nothing along with a huge flash of light that blinded everyone? If James Woods thought it was a hoax, how did he account for all that?
>>
>>62740263
>If James Woods thought it was a hoax, how did he account for all that?
He knew it wasn't, they just wanted to get everything under wraps. That woman pointed out there was 18 hours of static recorded and he was unfazed by the news.
But the public was easily fooled because from their perspective she just fell straight through the thing.
>>
>>62739129
>Hello we're immortal mind reading space gods that could fix everything on earth with a few hand waves and prevent any human from ever dying again
>>nice to meet you too my name is...
>goodbye
Hate this shit.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.