[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will bring Opera to the Amazon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: fitz-record-player.jpg (75 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
fitz-record-player.jpg
75 KB, 800x450
I will bring Opera to the Amazon
>>
File: Fitzcarraldo.jpg (161 KB, 1280x696) Image search: [Google]
Fitzcarraldo.jpg
161 KB, 1280x696
>>62736469

This film got me listening to Caruso sometimes. The recordings sound endearingly illegible as if you're hearing them from his very gramophone on the water.
>>
>>62736469
I've never seen any of the Herzog/Kinski movies, but I absolutely love the Popol Vuh soundtracks. Aguirre and Coeur de Verre are my favorites.
>>
>As true as I am standing here, one day I shall bring grand opera to Iquitos. I will outgut you. I will outnumber you. I will outbillion you. I will outrubber you. I will outperform you. Sir, the reality of your world is nothing more than a rotten caricature of great opera.
this is something I could picture Klaus actually saying to someone and it would be to someone totally unsuspecting and undeserving like a food caterer or something
>>
>>62736799
Watch them all, especially Aguirre and Fitzcarraldo. Nosferatu is a pretty good adaptation of the original too.
>>
>>62737489
And that's why the food caterer asked Herzog if he could kill Kinski.
>>
This and Aguirre just put directors like Nolan to shame. All I can think of is Nolan saying "this is the biggest anyone's done since the silent era" and then I remember the steamboat in Fitzcarraldo going down the rapids.
>>
>>62737642
What about the steamboat going up a mountain?
>>
>>62737925
>deforesting that entire patch of land
fucking madman, it's a shame landis killed high-stakes practical effects in film
>>
>>62737642
>the steamboat going down the mountain
You mean the shameful miniature filmed in someone's bathtub?
>>
>>62737957
>shameful miniature
I thought that was just a myth, didn't 3 people get seriously injured or something? Whatever, I'm picking up Conquest of the Useless tomorrow anyways
>>
Is this better than Aguirre senpaitachi?
>>
>>62738014
No... I must say I do love the movie but I found it pretty obvious the boat was a miniature, at least in the long shots
>>
>>62738110
No. It's pretty much an Aguirre sequel. A very similar movie, very good too, but I don't think quite as good and I'd say that's probably the general consensus, but totally worth seeing if you did like Aguirre
>>
>>62738114
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7OFbwrRlVk still though, the scenes with the actual boat are pretty fucking impressive
>>
>>62738364
Didn't Herzog try it once for real and then, after the boat slid back and killed like 3 people or something...he settled for the miniature?

I just remember him writing about doing ti for real in his book on filming Fitzcarraldo. It's actuallt really well written and worth a read just to learn how much everyone really hated Kinski.
>>
>>62738925
I thought they just had minor to kind of serious injuries or whatever. 'll post excerpts from "Conquest" on Monday
>>
>>62738956
Hopefully there are some patricians around then, It's a great read.

>tfw not Werner Herzog stuck in the middle of the Americas with naught but the sticky heat, wild animals, indigenous tribes and Kinski to keep you company
>>
>>62739041
>>tfw not Werner Herzog stuck in the middle of the Americas with naught but the sticky heat, wild animals, indigenous tribes and Kinski to keep you company

Sounds like a recipe for madness. Like out of a Conrad story or something
>>
this looks neat
>>
They brought Opera to the Amazon.

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/amazon-for-opera/?display=en
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.