[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Phantom Menace is actually a fun movie when you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: idislikeyou.jpg (66 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
idislikeyou.jpg
66 KB, 1920x1080
Reminder that Phantom Menace is actually a fun movie when you finally figure out the clusterfuck of what's going on in the beginning with the trade federation and Revenge of the Sith has always been very good except for Hayden's bad acting.

Attack of the Clones is objectively bad in every way.
>>
>hey guys I have an unusual opinion about the prequels
great threads

truly great threads
>>
Reminder that all three prequels are terrible in every way

And that the original trilogy is extremely overrated
>>
if you understand and establish the amount of subtle poetry in the newer trilogy, it is actually a great series of films in the light of the older trilogy. the reason the dialogue is so awkward is because so much of it has been hammed in so as to directly reference lines from 4, 5, and 6
>>
>>62731501
The first one, production wise, just shits all over the other two.
The second one was uglier than sin and full of teenage angst.
>>
I thought it was general concencus that it goes 1>3>2
>>
>>62731501

I genuinely love The Phantom Menace,

Best prequel imo.
>>
>>62731501

>bad acting

Bad script. Bad directing. Great acting
>>
File: 1446021093104.gif (3 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1446021093104.gif
3 MB, 250x250
>>62731501
>finally figure out the clusterfuck of what's going on in the beginning with the trade federation
Would you mind sharing that with the rest of us, because I still have no idea.
>>
File: Shitposting.jpg (52 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting.jpg
52 KB, 500x329
3=2>>>1
Fight me
>>
I have a feeling the new trilogy is going to make the prequel one feel like the original one.
>>
>>62731501
>Reminder that Phantom Menace is actually a fun movie

Quit reading your post there. Cause your wrong. The movie is completely irredeemable.
>>
>>62732901

Darth Sidious is Palpatine.
Palpatine works at the senate.
Palpatine tells the Trade Federation to invade Naboo and force the queen to sign a treaty at gunpoint.
Palpatine knows the senate will debate things forever so the Trade Federation has plenty of time to force Amidala to sign.
He plans to use the sympathy brought about by Naboo's occupation to become chancellor.
He's also using the same situation to get a vote of no confidence for the current chancellor so he can remove him.

The Trade Federation's declared reason to blockade Naboo doesnt matter at all. He just created a situation where he gets the chancellor spot whether the Trade Federation manages to invade or not.

Overall the point is not to understand the details of the blockade, just to understand that the Republic does not work and that Palpatine is using it to further his career.
>>
>>62731501
I'll do you one better op and say that Phantom Menace is the best Star Wars movie ever made. People get so rapped up in there nostalgia they fail to see how mediocre every movie in the original trilogy is. Phantom Menace is the only truly enjoyable watch out of the 6 movies released thus far.
>>
The Phantom Menace is the only genuine Star Wars movie out of the prequels. 2 and 3 video game cutscenes.
>>
I watched Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones yesterday/today and they weren't as bad as I was expecting. PM was better though, AotC was weird and not really good.
Revenge of the Sith is great though imo tbqh. The prequels don't deserve as much hate as they get, I believe it is a kneejerk reaction which has never let up after they didn't live up to the hype.
>>
>>62733305
Wait, are you telling me there are people ITT who DON'T understand this after watching The Phantom Menace?
>>
People who hate the prequels because of the political aspects are just too stupid to understand them.

They just want mindless action and cool effects.

The Phantom Menace is legitimately a good movie.
>>
>>62733305
>force the queen to sign a treaty at gunpoint.
This makes a signature worthless in just about any legal system you care to mention.
>Trade Federation has plenty of time to force Amidala to sign.
See above.

Also why would they want to make the invasion legal when the entire point was to use the illegality of the situation to manipulate the senate? Why would they send two Jedi there to resolve the entire thing in the first place and NOT trust their testimony or even ask for it?
>>
>>62734175
Revenge of the Sith was the most bonkers of the prequels and I loved it. I saw it in theaters in high school and even then I thought it was hilarious
>>
>>62734450
Georgie boy knew what he was doing

The real art was the reaction to the prequels. He specifically added Jar Jar for that very reason.

He's a pop culture hound
>>
>>62734492
The most vivid memory I have from seeing it the first time was my audience laughed at almost every scene palpatine was in. He was hamming it up to the fullest
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 400x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 400x238
I enjoyed episode 2 the most. I saw it when I was 13. The 50s diner scene was cool. The bounty hunter scene was cool. The clone compound with the Camino aliens was so ominous and creepy. The final battle was epic and pad me was hot.

People only focus on the negatives. I kept thinking about the kamino afterward. They were so creepy and smart.
>>
I think a lot of people will enjoy the new movie but will never admit it here.
>>
Attack of the Clones is a satisfying one-off watch for me because you see all the prototype/immediately preceding production models for the vehicles, weapons, and even the personnel that the Empire uses in IV/V/VI.. and there's no way you don't get hype when Sheev and the Jedi overlook the assembly of the Clone Army and the Imperial March swells up.

That scene alone lets it style all over Phantom Menace.
>>
>>>62733305 #
>>force the queen to sign a treaty at gunpoint.
>This makes a signature worthless in just about any legal system you care to mention.

The Versailles Dictat?
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 600x599
The problem with Attack of the Clones is that all of the set-ups for characters, plot points and sub-plot points were edited out.

The attempted assassination of the Queen is sexy but dubious. I can let it slip.

We don't see Anakin come to grips with the Separatist movement, or the Republic, he has no political outlook whatsoever, he's just a kid who loves his momma.

Even Dooku doesn't get much of an intro, and his allies are just a digital afterthought. We get no political view there either.

It's surprising because the deleted scenes could actually help fix the movie to a large extent.
>>
>>62732998
Pretty much.

The jango vs obi wan scenes were genuinely good and probably the best fights from the prequels. The scene with anikan and his mother were pretty well done tbH

Episode 3 is absolute hilarity and entertaining af
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 590x350
It's funny that Episode II doesn't bother to demonstrate why the planets seceded from the Republic, creating a vast Separatist movement. Was it because of the Trade Federation's blockade upon Naboo? Do planets doubt the Republic's sincerity? If so, then why not dramatize that more?

If Count Dooku controls the clone supply for the Republic, why is he also allowed to control the Separatist movement?

Also, how did Queen Amidala transition into becoming Senator Amidala? Does this represent her ascension to galactic politics, or a fall from grace with her home-world?

Is Anakin powerful or not? We only see him take out the sand people, in a brief shot.

Is oBi truly jealous?
>>
>>62734564
This. Clones get shit on because the romance is complete shit but i probably rewatched it the most growing up.

>Dat Jango
>dat sleuth Obi
>dat kamino
>dat clone army
>dat sand people slaughter
>Geonosis fight pit
>"this partys over"
>all dem jedi
>clone trooper rescue
>begun, the clone war has

Only super weak parts were the padme ani romance scenes and the lightsaber fights at the end.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 940x775) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 940x775
I get that on some level, it doesn't matter why there's dissension between the Republic and the Separatists, but even if the clone army is just used to divide and conquer both of those groups, that should be explained.

We see Republican planets using clones to fight a war, but who were they fighting again? The Separatist factions? Why agree to fight the clone war, when anyone could anticipate that the military constituents (clones on either side) were more important than any political constituency?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.