[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any movies that fall under the New Sincerity movement?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: newsinc.jpg (681 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
newsinc.jpg
681 KB, 427x640
Are there any movies that fall under the New Sincerity movement?

Recently became interested in the genre, hope someone knows more about it in terms of film.
>>
File: cry.gif (2 MB, 372x262) Image search: [Google]
cry.gif
2 MB, 372x262
Anyone? :(
>>
I think you'd be way better off posting this in /lit/.
>>
Calling Thor the hipster tripfag
Calling Thor the hipster tripfag
>>
>>62731475
Did it not really get big into films?
>>
Any movie by Wes Anderson really.
>>
>>62731667
Look up mumblecore, you dong.
>>
>>62731275
new sincerity isn't a moment

DFW is literally retarded
>>
>>62731703
DFW?

>>62731687
this looks interesting, thanks!

>>62731685
I've seen most of his movies, but yeah I could see this being part of new sincerity
>>
File: Shitstorm.jpg (342 KB, 1838x1209) Image search: [Google]
Shitstorm.jpg
342 KB, 1838x1209
>>62731744
>DFW?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXvAd7COpJY
>>
>>62731767
Oh, right David Foster Wallace, sorry was confused for a sec. I've been meaning to read Infinite Jest, perhaps ill get more into him then, thanks.
>>
Can somebody summarize what this is? i'm starting to see it up pop up often
>>
>>62731703
Nevermind that last bit, reread what you said lol.
>>
>>62731797
It's nothing. People think "postmodernism" somehow has the trademark on the concept of irony, and they want to move away from that because why not.
>>
>>62731797
its literary movement started by dfw who said people are being too ironic so in order to be contrarian theres gonna be a new wave of writers who will tell there lifes in a fictional manner
literally a movement for sincerity, renewed
>>
>>62731797
I think im in the same boat as you, as ive heard the term tossed around a few times recently, and i just read the wikipedia today. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sincerity)

Decided to see if /tv/ had any thoughts on it
>>
>>62731827
>>62731834
So its in the same line as labeling things post-postmodernism?
>>
>>62731834
Boring.
>>
>>62731882
Yes, bravo Shia
>>
>>62731797
It's some stupid bullshit art movement theorized by a suicidal homosexual wearing a bandana, which never materialized because it was dumb. Just some college twats going "what comes after post modernism and irony?"
>>
File: 1407712148030s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1407712148030s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>62731896
The memes have gone too far...
>>
>>62731903
>suicidal homosexual
Hey, he slept with his female students too.
>>
>>62731275
>living in a post-ironic world

irony has nothing to do with insincerity. jesus fucking christ how does a "literary" movement literally fuck up at the SUBTITLE stage.
>>
>>62731936
You sound upset :^)
>>
It's not even a failed movement since it never got off the ground tbqh
>>
>>62731882
yes and no
this is a literary movement just like there are latin magical realism, modernism, realism, etc etc
postmodernism while its a literary movement too its spread is wider and more advanced
new sincerity is in its baby steps and the principal wave atm is post-modernism
it wants to be the post-postmodernism but its too early to say it is
>>
>>62732066

Thats interesting, I didn't know that this movement was that new. desu, I didnt even think that the principal wave atm was still post-modernism.
>>
>>62732128
well theres no exact date as of when this movement will end or the new one start, you usually state that when you are long over that epoch since its too hard to describe whats happening right now
it isnt that 'new' but yes its starting to catch on now
we are still in a post-modernist age but its getting old and people are starting to show new ways to make art (new in the way of rejecting the old norm)
>>
>>62732066
this is going to seem like an aside, but bear with me. There was once a 1% motorcycle gang that called itself the Pagan's. They even turned it into a patch: The Pagan's. Now, the correct spelling should have been: The Pagans' but they didn't give a shit. Guess what? Even though the Pagan's were first, strongest, more viscous and far more lucrative when it came to drug trafficking and prostitution, the Hell's Angels were top dog in the end. No one wants to look like an idiot.

New Sincerity will meet the exact same fate.
>>
>>62733492
i surely cant talk for the future but looking like his 'creator' killed himself cause he didnt think it would boom i dont see it much future either, but im don't know the future so its not up to me to say if it will or wont succeed
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.