[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why most of people likes Empire Strikes Back over New Hope? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Empire-Strikes-Back-582x388.png (309 KB, 582x388) Image search: [Google]
Empire-Strikes-Back-582x388.png
309 KB, 582x388
Why most of people likes Empire Strikes Back over New Hope? I don't get it, ESB it's begining of shit

>Walkers are retarded and make completely no sense
>Forced token
>rehashing Obi-Wan training but with childish stupid looking puppet
>Scene in Dark Side Cave is stupid, boring slow motion, makes no sense this was real or not
>Vader didn't kill any rebel just own troops, completely turned into kid friendly shit
>M Night Shyamalan tier twist with Vader as Luke's Father, this shit is so retarded, Emperor's dialogue with Vader makes no sense
>Weird romance with kekoldry theme

At least everything in New Hope(before prequels of course) makes sense
>>
>>62729313
A New Hope is the better film
but TESB is what made star wars star wars
>>
heres ur reply
>>
My opinion has not changed since a kid
Empire is the best and New Hope is pretty good.
RotJ = dull
>>
>>62729313
There are actually delusional people on here right now who legitimately think ROTS is better than ROTJ.
Revenge of the Sith was boring ass cgi fuckfest, just the opening space battle scene alone put me to sleep. It's almost as though people have completely disregarded or forgotten the Jabba's palace, Dune sea, Space battle over Endor, and the Vader/Luke and Sheev sequences because of 20 minutes of baby Wookies (some of which were blown to the fucking air). Episode III only seemed to appeal to a bunch of
>edgy teens
>pseudo nerds
>wannabe film connoisseurs
>children
>manchildren
>redditors
>neckbeard virgins
because it was the more "darker" and "edgy" chapter of the prequel trilogy, and looked like a fucking video game. I would much prefer a shit movie with some control and inspiration by Lucas than a shit movie with complete control and inspiration by Lucas. At least ROTJ was somewhat enjoyable and better written than that single draft written script Lucas pulled out of his ass for ROTS that resembled a third grader's idea for a cool action flick. This whole III being better than VI is a shitty meme desu senpai.
>>
>>62729313
Best fight scene
>>
>>62730633
literally the only good things about RotJ were the resolving of the carbonite plot and the throne room scenes. otherwise it's just
>jabba and his annoying friends
>leia fapfest
>oh shit bears
>we almost died because of some cute bears
>a cheap, quick resolution

but no, we have to keep pretending it's a good movie and RotS is a bad movie because original = good and prequel = bad
>>
>>62730768
Not him, but I wish I was 11 again to appreciate ROTS as much as you anon.
>>
File: 1421021685116.jpg (81 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
1421021685116.jpg
81 KB, 600x848
>>62729313
Its not so much that its great on its own, but its literally the greatest SEQUEL of all time

It builds on the original in a wonderfully digestible manner, it actually feels like a continuation of the same story, not just a second story after the first story
>>
>>62730768
>I can't form an original opinion, I just parrot whatever the Plinkett reviews tell me I should believe
>>
>>62729313
>At least everything in New Hope(before prequels of course) makes sense

The entire plan to allow Luke and Han to escape with Leia so that they can follow them to the rebel base makes no sense. Did Tarkin tell his men about this plan beforehand and were they just fine with getting killed off like that? Did he not tell them and was he fine with killing off dozens of his men? If so, what if they'd actually succeeded at killing Luke, Han and Leia? Did Tarkin not have any faith in his men to be capable enough to kill a farm boy, a smuggler, a princess, a Wookie and two robots?
>>
>>62730938
Tracking them was just a back up Plan B. Those TIE fighters were still trying to BTFO the Falcon.
>>
>>62730847
>the greatest SEQUEL of all time
>Godfather 2

FAGGOT
>>
>>62731220
This. Godfather II is objectivelly the greatest sequel ever made.
>>
>>62729313
18+ website
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.