[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does a lightsaber stop after 1m or so? What prevents it from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: 4607457-1584546605-yarae.jpg (194 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
4607457-1584546605-yarae.jpg
194 KB, 900x1273
How does a lightsaber stop after 1m or so? What prevents it from continuing on infinitely?
>>
Guess where his weak point is?
>>
>>62727330
His 5m cock
>>
>>62727330
Nut sack.
>>
>>62727304
Nothing, it just does that because <insert EU explanation here.>
>>
The force.
>>
How did they make short lightsaber for yoda
>>
midichlorians
>>
Autism
>>
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber
its all here
>>
There's a mini wormhole at the end, it does actually go on infintely on the other end of the wormhole. whenever someone uses a lightsaber countless of planets are being sliced in half.
>>
>>62727460
>The weapon consisted of a blade of pure plasma emitted from the hilt and suspended in a force containment field. The field contained the immense heat of the plasma, protecting the wielder, and allowed the blade to keep its shape.

There you have it. It stays contained because of a containment field. /thread
>>
>how does the magic laser sword used by space wizards work?!
>>
I don't know, I do know why that one guy is called "kid fisto" though.
>>
>>62727304
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING AYY LMAOOOO
>>
>>62727570
could you remove the containment field and have the longest lightsaber of all time?
>>
>>62727330
his toes ?
>>
>>62727689
...it'd kind of explode in your face, so no.
>>
File: Mickey_Won_Kenobi.jpg (350 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
Mickey_Won_Kenobi.jpg
350 KB, 960x1200
Mickey Mouse, a male mouse,[2] was born on the planet of Hyperion[1] during the twilight years of the Galactic Republic,[2] a government that ruled over most of the galaxy.[4] He was Force-sensitive, meaning that he could sense and manipulate the Force,[2] an ubiquitous and binding power that suffused the whole Known Universe.[5] Mouse ended up joining the Jedi Order,[2] an ancient society of warriors who maintained peace in the Galactic Republic thanks to their wisdom and special powers.[5] With the Order, he was taught to wield the Force, and to fight with a lightsaber,[2] a formal melee weapon that emitted a blade of pure plasma.[6] Mouse raised in the ranks until becoming a Jedi Master,[2] the highest formal title obtainable by a member of the Order.[7]
>>
>>62727700
What about a force containment field for the sides but an open top?

>>62727652
Yarael Poof
>>
>>62727700
when you are losing a duel you just turn off the contaiment field and scream "force akbar"
>>
>>62727689
compensating?
>>
Hollywood physics
>>
>>62727776
Top kek
>>
Was the death star just a big lightsaber with no containment field???
>>
>>62727570
Why not make the containment field 10 miles long and 10 miles wide and just destroy entire platoons with your square lightsaber?
>>
>>62727330

his grip on the lightstaber
>>
File: laughing goat man.gif (246 KB, 102x124) Image search: [Google]
laughing goat man.gif
246 KB, 102x124
>>62727770
>Poof
>>
>>62727689
No. Plasma would just shoot out and spray all over the place.
>>
>>62727570
so lightsabers need to be refilled with plasma from time to time?
>>
>>62727770
I don't think the light saber contains an infinite amount of energy. It couldn't possibly make an infinitely long blade and still function effectively. It would probably be more like a blaster or laser gun at that point.

>>62729276
I think the death star was a giant plasma cannon or laser cannon. Not sure.

You guys are talking about the difference between projectile weapons and swords.

I think you could modify a light saber to have a much thicker and longer blade, though. Or be able to cut through metal even faster. It would run out of power faster, though.
>>
How long will Finn's lightsaber be?
>>
>>62730052
I don't care what wookiepedia or the EU says, but the sabers shouldn't have to be refilled with plasma. The plasma is somehow emitted from the "crystals" in the saber. From a physics standpoint, the only explanation would be that the crystals in the saber need to be recharged at some point. They probably don't show them plugging in their sabers in the movie because that's kinda boring.
>>
>>62730498
How do you recharge a lightsabre? Why do we literally never see a jedi or sith do so? How is Luke's initially charged?
>>
>>62727304
I just so much want to cut off his head.

;_;
>>
when u wanna slaughter younglings but u forgot to charge ur lightsabre the night before
>>
>people care this much about star wars.

It's based on Japanese movies, it has literally no source material and is made literally for profit movies and toys.

How can you idiots care so much?
>>
>>62730563
you white bois are sick smdh
>>
>>62730562
They have crazy long-life batteries in the pommel area. EU had a lightsaber that was left on for centuries in a float field and kept on ticking. They do need to be recharged if the field has to fight something high resistance like water or blast shields (and it's not designed for that by the end-user).
>>
>>62730562
It's charged from its crystals, so it's either charges by a normal electrical outlet, or some super-high voltage outlet, or maybe it's charged via light, in some kind of sci-fi fiber optic laser outlet. I could see there being a special charging machine for light sabers that you can carry in a briefcase and plug into a ships engines or some shit.

The only other explanation is hat the crystals in the saber are a near-infinite source of energy, which is retarded. They'd be carrying around a miniature nuclear reactor in each saber. If the handle was ever hit with a blaster bolt there would be a huge explosion across the whole battlefield
>>
File: warp_image.png (192 KB, 597x400) Image search: [Google]
warp_image.png
192 KB, 597x400
>>62727304
Why the fuck are the railings made out of a tricep bar.
>>
>>62730666
The crystals are used for focusing, not energy propagation.
>>
>>62727415
Yoda's saber is called a Shoto Lightsaber
>>
It's a tightly wound loop.
>>
>>62730700
The light or plasma has to come from somewhere, though. There's no way it has a 100% reflection rate against the containment field. The saber would need to constantly emit at least a little light or plasma to keep the beam from slowly fading.

>>62730660
This makes sense but still is a little far-fetched. I guess the containment field burns up most of the energy and is responsible for the blades resistance and strength, while the light/energy contained within it is responsible for the actual cutting and burning action, and just circles back on a loop.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 275x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 275x255
There are longer lightsaber blades

Pic related
>>
File: SW_Saber_Large.jpg (181 KB, 951x1024) Image search: [Google]
SW_Saber_Large.jpg
181 KB, 951x1024
>>62730981
Both of these were me.

According to most sources, the field's power requirement is self-regenerating outside of actual physical contact (air is repelled by the field and doesn't cause decay)

Cutting is caused by temporary holes in the field through interaction with a physical object or other saber, releasing the encased plasma.
>>
>>62730052
>A plasma can be created by heating a gas or subjecting it to a strong electromagnetic field applied with a laser or microwave generator. This decreases or increases the number of electrons, creating positive or negative charged particles called ions, and is accompanied by the dissociation of molecular bonds, if present.

Maybe it part of the lightsaber is a small container of gas that needs relilling or it could also mean that the lightsaber just uses the gases in the area to create plasma

Have they ever shown a lightsaber being used in a vacuum?
>>
>>62731293
So when it's not touching anything, it's literally just a fancy glow stick? Well, I'm not gonna get anymore into silly sci fi tech. There would need to be cameras or sensors, and a computer chip in the saber to detect when something is touching the containment field and...yeah, once you get to the point where you're reading schematics and pages about this shit you kinda have to admit it's just magic
>>
Why even try to explain it when it's obvious it's just bullshit keeping it together? which is fine by me btw, lightsabers are cool.
>>
>>62731457
Pretty sure Plo Koon used his in space in the tv show.
>>
File: 1445480413968.jpg (52 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
1445480413968.jpg
52 KB, 700x466
>>62729706
>>
>how do light swords work?

https://youtu.be/kXDkiFK56w4
>>
File: 1352947507255.png (120 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1352947507255.png
120 KB, 396x381
>>62727330

yup with a weapon that can cut absolutely anything, better aim for his neck, any other part wont cause instant dismemerbent or death.
>>
>>62730681
No, they're made out of hammer curl bars
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.