[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i finished breaking bad and i feel empty inside.what show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 278x181
So i finished breaking bad and i feel empty inside.what show do you suggest i start next?
>>
A Place to Call Home
>>
>>62726994

TPB
>>
Go back to your home board. Breaking Bad was fucking garbage. Come back once you've learned to watch real television and not juvenile trash for fedora tipping video game players.
>>
Better Call Saul
Fargo
Silicon Valley
True Detective Season 1
Ash Vs The Evil Dead

Take your pick, they're all good.
>>
Deadwood. The Wire.
>>
American horror story
>>
>>62727100
>breaking bad seasons 1-4
>obscure show only genre fans watch
>/tv/ loves it

>breaking bad season 5
>gets popular on reddit from people binging to catch up
>/tv/ mysteriously suddenly hates it
>>
LOST
>>
>>62727119
Is the twist that none of these are good? First 3 episodes of True Detective season 1 is the only thing I can give a pass to. The rest is gutter trash.
>>
>>62727145
Breaking Bad was never obscure, do you have brain damage?
>>
>>62726994
Narcos
>>
>>62727145
>obscure

BrBa was popular from the start, just because you never heard of until the last season doesn't mean no one else had.
>>
>>62727145
>Show starts
>Is good for 2 seasons
>writers notice the show is getting big
>start pandering to fanbase
>show remains decent in 3 and 4 but is increasingly compromised by reddit elements
>show is off air for a long time as social media "meme" hype grows and grows.
>all the normies who don't give a shit about tv catch up on netflix
>writers see how big the show has got, decide to give the fans what they want, which results in maximum redditization, blowing away the facebook ground but totally alienating anybody who cared about the show in the first place.

The show isn't hated because reddit liked it. It's hated because it slowly morphed to become reddit.

Who cares about making a quality show when you've got the meme audience with no standards. Then all you need to do is pump out bad ass catchphrases for them to buy on T shirts.
>>
>>62727100
>real television

No teleivison is intelligent, it's all trash. Watch film if you want something with actual artistic merit.
>>
>>62727272
Deadwood and The Sopranos are real televison. Even if you were correct, dropping standards is the maximum meme. All media should be judged against the best of human accomplishment. The Sopranos holds a candle. Breaking Bad reveals itself to be a meme.
>>
>>62727305
reeeeeally can't take anyone's opinion on art seriously when they use meme as a descriptor unironically
>>
File: 1358127451861.jpg (2 MB, 1103x2122) Image search: [Google]
1358127451861.jpg
2 MB, 1103x2122
>>62726994
>>
>>62727159
Wow, you must have some quality gutter trash out where you live.
True Detective is the least of those I listed
>>
>>62727393
True Detective is mediocre but the first 3 episodes are good enough to but it over anything Fargo or better call meme have accomplished.

The other two I haven't seen, but one is a meme actor's fanwank cash grab so that's bad. The other is a comedy which can never be art. It's a pleb genre predicated on "entertainment".
>>
>>62727491
>The other is a comedy which can never be art.
You should watch Xavier. It might be too experimental for you tho.
>>
what i did was watching malcolm in the middle after breaking bad,it was a good experience seeing bryan cranston's performance
>>
>>62727342
Someone who denounces an entire medium is just as bad. All you people shit on television without watching the real high quality programs or even being able to appreciate them in some cases.
>>
>>62727707
>real high quality programs
Like The Wire and 6 feet under right? Pssst, we're done here.
>>
>>62727758
Tell me why The Sopranos, Deadwood or The Decalogue can't qualify as art then. Actually go into the specifics for once.
>>
>>62727833
why are you trying to have a legitimate discussion on /tv/
>>
>>62727833
Deadwood and The Sopranos both had shoe horned SJW shit. That confirms that it wasn't art and just a product assembled to make money and push agendas.
>>
>>62727984
Once again proving you're full of shit. Not surprised at all.
>>
>>62727984
Maybe the writers thought their "SJW shit" were important issues that needed to be conveyed. Sounds like art to me.
>>
If you think any film is art or any show then any other show is art just the same.you can't form generic standards based on your own opinion.now, wether it's shitty or not is debatable.
>>
>>62727100
someone's salty
>>
>>62728187
No high level authentic /tv/ art warrior has ever used that meme term. Now go wallow in your video games.
>>
No mention of Boardwalk Empire yet? That's my favourite since the first 3 seasons of Mad Men. Deadwood is great, The Thick of It for something different.
>>
>>62728329
>No mention of Boardwalk Empire yet?
IMDBcore 2bh
>>
>>62728357

>sure it's well written, acted, shot flawlessly, with a mood and memorable characters throughout. But people like it so it's shit.
>>
>>62728454
it is literally none of those things
>>
>>62728329

Boardwalk Empire is literally Reddit: The Show
>>
>>62728454
>acted, shot flawlessly, with a mood and memorable characters throughout.
Well yes, but the "quality" of all of these attributes is so memetic. Completely safe in it's pandering to the memes of polite craftsmanship. No pleb blood was shed. It's not art. Just "well crafted" product made to fill a "prestige" timeslot. A meme show in the least shitposty sense of the phrase. It's not about people liking it, it's that it is made in order to facilitate being liked.
>>
>>62728480
So is Sopranos. Proof:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thesopranos/
>>
>>62728548
If Sopranos is meme then boardwalk empire is a meme of a meme.
>>
>>62728545
>it's that it is made in order to facilitate being liked.
like anything that has ever been on television ever
>>
#whythememehate
>>
>>62728613
Which is why television is largely degenerate other than a few exceptions.The Sopranos wasn't afraid to alienate it's audience.
>>
#justkiddingmemescansuckadick
>>
>>62728665
The Sopranos had to consistently live up to being "the water cooler show". They had pressure from above that affected their show like anything else.
>>
>>62728708
David Chase didn't care about what the audience wanted and the show got a lot more alienating as it went on. There was hardly any violence in season 4 much to the dismay of the audience, episodes like Employee of the Month made clear the hypocrisy of the viewers, story lines fizzled out after promising some tension like the FBI and the lamp, Tony doesn't take action against Ralphie after Tracee's death and only does so at the very worst moment where Ralphie becomes sympathetic, Carmela doesn't find out about Adriana being killed, A.J doesn't become some super badass son but a rather nuanced and realistic portrayal of the 21st century American teen, all the characters end up doing worse and worse actions to the point where the viewer couldn't sympathize with them anymore, Junior becomes a fragile, demented old man, Meadow doesn't leave her family's roots and ends up being the biggest hypocrite of them all, none of the characters make any meaningful change for the better, dream sequences take up whole episodes, mafia segments remain in the background as nothing but a secondary element, the Vito saga alienated quite a few despite evoking some real pathos. Kaisha was like the anti-finale, a meditation on boredom and superficiality. There's no sense of catharsis or closure in the final episode.

I can't say the show had much for plebs to enjoy after a while.
>>
>>62727159
Fuck you, Silicon Valley is hilarious
>>
File: Frank gives up.png (220 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
Frank gives up.png
220 KB, 500x312
>>62727352

Holy shit, I've watched so many.
>>
>>62727272
>Watch film

No film is intelligent, it's all trash. Watch theater if you want something with actual artistic merit.
>>
Just go watch The Wire OP.
>>
>>62727126
If you watch these two, there will be nothing but emptiness. They are extremely good.
>>
>>62726994
Sealab 2021
Frisky Dingo
Arrested development
Archer
>>
>>62726994
The walking dead XD
>>
>>62727269
you need to show some evidence of this pandering my man

otherwise it would benefit the majority of the population of you kys
>>
walt is a greedy bastard that ruined everything
>>
>>62726994
I'd recommend True Detective, the final season aired not too long ago.
>>
>>62727984
>Sopranos
>shoe-horned SJW shit
/pol/ autist who spergs out whenever he sees a black person on screen spotted
>>
>>62731959
>shoe horned science heists to be like "the old days"
>characters talking in forced catchphrases
>crowd pleasing ending with no balls
>>
>>62732650
KYS
Y
S

MY
Y

MAN
A
N
>>
>>62732588
>Vito gay shit
>not SJW
>>
>>62732713
>Vito gay arc
>SJW
top kek
>>
>>62727145
>it's a reddit pleb accuses /tv/ of liking something at one time and then not liking it later, because he has shitty taste and can't actually argue on the merits episode
>>
>>62732844
>expects audience to have empathy for a degenerate
>not SJW
>>
>>62733142
You completely misunderstood the arc and how it relates to the show's thesis and Tony's coma experience. Do you seriously think we were supposed to feel sad for Vito's death after he kills an innocent bystander just the episode before?
>>
The Leftovers. best fucking show on TV in a long time
>>
>>62727145
s5 was a step down though, it all felt like they were just tying up loose ends
>>
>>62733779
>final season tying up loose ends is a bad thing
I can barely type right now. I'm literally screaming with rage as I'm typing this and my entire body is trembling. You autistic hipster fuck srtpisd dsfuc cing cunt,.fds.
>muh 2 deep 5u soptranos ending
>actual ending is bad
I literally stabbed my hand witha screwdriver after reading this post and now my hand is bleeding fucking meme sdjsde gedorda cora fagotot.
>>
>>62734009
normies everyone
>>
>>62727352
Greys anatomy fucking dropped
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.