[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we never discuss this GOAT movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: serveimage.jpg (147 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
147 KB, 1024x768
Why do we never discuss this GOAT movie?
>>
File: body-of-lies-dvd-cover-51.jpg (451 KB, 1578x2250) Image search: [Google]
body-of-lies-dvd-cover-51.jpg
451 KB, 1578x2250
>>62726433
I thought it was okay but I was incredibly disappointed when I first saw it. Looking at the cast and the minds behind it, I was expecting something truly incredible. It was just mildly entertaining. You want an infinitely more underrated Ridley Scott, look no further than pic related. Nobody gave a shit about it then and now.
>>
>>62726433
>>62726690
Both movies are typical 3/5 ridley.
>>
>>62726814
AG, yes. Body of Lies is a 4/5 at least. The performance of Mark Strong as the King of Jordan is a masterful thing to see, sort of like Edward Norton's turn as Baldwin in Kingdom of Heaven. The plot itself is also very good, never plodding in its 2 hour runtime. There's also the fact that it's increasingly relevant, whereas AG is very much a nostalgia piece centered around Denzel Washington hamming it up.
>>
>>62726690
I liked Body of Lies but it was a bit camp and over the top in a lot of ways which ruins it for me now.
>>
>>62726944
I only remember the scene where Leo knocks over Russell Crowe in his chair to be particularly "over the top", but even that was satisfying in a way.
>>
>>62726690
this desu.body of lies was great.
>>
>>62726863
Strong as Hani Salaam and Norton as Baldwin are 5/5 performances and characters in solidly 3/5 movies (though I haven't seen Kingdom of Heaven in many years, I should revisit). I get your point but those performances don't fix everything else about their movies enough for me to say they are 4/5. 3.5/5, sure
>>
>>62727058
>I haven't seen Kingdom of Heaven in many years, I should revisit
make sure it'll be DC version
>>
it was boring
>>
File: oscar_isaac.jpg (6 KB, 348x145) Image search: [Google]
oscar_isaac.jpg
6 KB, 348x145
>>62727058
very well. but Body of Lies also has long haired infidel Oscar Isaac.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.