[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the X-files have so many soon to be famous guest stars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1444706634793.jpg (231 KB, 1545x2000) Image search: [Google]
1444706634793.jpg
231 KB, 1545x2000
Why did the X-files have so many soon to be famous guest stars?

Just off the top of my head.

Bryan Cranston

Seth Green

Jack Black

the episode I'm watching now has pams boyfriend from the office

Andrea from the walking dead

I know there are more too. Did other shows with guest stars have lots of soon to be famous people too and I just didn't notice?
>>
Pretty much every person who was on Mr Show went on to have amazing careers.

Seinfeld has lots of guest stars who blew up later (including Cranston).

I don't watch a lot of procedurals, but Law & Order has guest stars weekly so I'm positive you'll run into this in that series...

Honestly, though, this isn't a phenomenon. It's the business. No one is giving you a lead role until you build a resume with guest spots. Every famous TV actor ever did parts in multiple series before landing their own.
>>
I'm on Season 8 right now. It's a real struggle to get through.
>>
File: 1415157019860.jpg (60 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
1415157019860.jpg
60 KB, 595x842
>>62725381
I've watched the first like 6 seasons probably at least 3 times over, but I've never finished the entire series. I really need to finish it one of these days....

also CSM and skinner were the best characters
>>
>>62725540
Both are back for the reboot!
>>
>>62725753
I have so much apprehension about this reboot. This could be really bad
>>
>>62725850
No apprehension at all on my end... Same actors. Same writers. Better format. Plus it's gonna set up Robbie Amell and Lauren Ambrose for their own Xfiles series. It's gonna kick ass.
>>
>>62726624
I really hope you are right

>Robbie Amell
>Lauren Amrose

were they in later seasons or something?
>>
>Why a well received and really popular at time show have lots of future well known actors?
>>
>>62726739
No. They're new young hip agents being introduced in the miniseries. It's an obvious, though unconfirmed, set up for a new series... She's even a natural redhead. And easily my favorite part of SFU. Robbie is really funny and charming and destined for leading roles down the road.
>>
>>62725540
holy shit are you me

i could never finish the final 10 episodes of the series cos i just lost so much interest

also OP same as star trek in the 90's
>>
>>62727471
Should watch the final epsiode where Mulder is on trial atleast.
>>
>>62727560
i remember watching that scene on youtube

literally nothing happens lol

>tfw will never be importnat enough to be invited to join the elites
>>
>>62727560
I would say spoilers, but the fact that mulder has been in all these movies plus the new show kind of renders that pointless
>>
File: 819-yada-yada1.png (94 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
819-yada-yada1.png
94 KB, 300x225
>>62725226
Brian Cranston got a lot of work in the 90s.
For an actor to get a lead role in a big primetime series and get propelled into fame, he usually first takes supporting roles in nothing shows, then supporting roles in big shows, then gets a show of his own - which may or may not succeed. The other route is to be a talentless hack with family connections, but before reality tv even they had to cut their teeth somewhere.
>>
>>62725540
skinner was honestly the best character. i could go into detail but basically mulder fucked up daily but skinner still kept him around. honestly, mulder never gave him enough credit
>>
>>62727912
im a grill btw
:^)
http://perezhilton.com/2015-09-23-x-files-guest-stars-gallery/?from=post#.Vke2I79D_IV
>>
>>62727954
Skinner was a top lad.

He was a fucking tank as well. That episode where he kills the hooker how hes in his boxers hes a big lad.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.