[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good psychological thrillers like The Machinist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: mr skeltal.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
mr skeltal.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
What are some good psychological thrillers like The Machinist?
>>
>>62720388
Reddit's Ladder
>>
Bambi
>>
>>62720444
>>62720457
*tips trilby respectfully*

I agree I only enjoy films made before the 21st era. Watching anything made recently that is popular is like believing in God.
>>
DUBliners, check 'em
>>
Enemy
>>
alladin
>>
American Psycho is genius
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 710x400
starter kit

The Manchurian Candidate 62-04
Shock Corridors 63
Peeping Tom 60
Cape Fear 62 94
Bunny Lake Is Missing 65
Spellbound 45
Mirage 65
Mr. Arkadin 55
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane 62
The Conversation 74
Les Diaboliques 55
The Collector 65
Repulsion 65
>>
>>62725864
grabbing all of these

also

Lost Highway
Mulholland Drive
>>
>>62725864

Very good list, but i would say Spellbound doesn't deserve to be among those other films.
>>
>>62720444
I laughed, but I really like that movie. /x/ recommended it to me back when they weren't so shit.

>>62720388
I never realised The Machinist was supposed to be thrilling. It was just a good mystery drama type of thing for me. I was never thrilled at any point.
>>
>>62720388
thanks mr skeltal
>>
>>62720388
Manhunter
The Red Spectacles
Body Double
Sword of Doom

Watch these you faggots
>>
>>62720388
anything by hitchcock
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>62726602
>I never realised The Machinist was supposed to be thrilling. It was just a good mystery drama type of thing for me. I was never thrilled at any point.

It didn't really become much of a drama until the later parts of the movie. Up until that point the movie's main characteristic is suspense. You're drawn into the protagonist's world and since he hasn't slept in a year he suffers from delusions which muddle the perception of events until the end. There's different types of thrillers, some are more action focused while others are more subtle. The Machinist is more of a subtle thriller.
>>
>>62720388
Watch Black Mirror, then come back and thank me with tits.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.