[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Expanse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: expanse.jpg (132 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
expanse.jpg
132 KB, 800x1200
Who's hyped?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydKmedH336Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDlICsRl0SA
>>
true detective IN SPACE
>>
>from the writers of Iron Man

what? how is that a selling point?
>>
>>62719352
Doubt they had much of a hand in Iron Man either, their only contributions to Children of Men were studio development
>>
>>62719352
Iron man 1 is the sole reason the Marvel universe took off faggot, it's a good movie.
And the cgi is pretty good too.

I just want another BSG-style space opera.
>>
>>62719376
so they're trying to sell a couple of shit writers as mediocre writers? got it
>>
>>62719396
it's pretty decent. nothing more than that. syfy audience'll love it though
>>
>>62718852
>The uploader has not made this video available in your country

It's a fucking trailer, what is the point of not allowing it to be viewed outside of the US?
>>
>>62718852
that's the dude from The Covenant isn't it

only thing bad about this is SyFy
>>
>>62719465

Try...https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=expanse+trailer
>>
>>62718852

Looks dull as fuck senpai
>>
>>62718852

another shitty syfy show that will have an interesting pilot to get you hooked followed by several episodes of filler garbage where it gets worse every episode.
>>
>>62719396
>They will never just make a fucking live-action Gundam

BSG was basically Ideon so they might as well go full weeb
>>
>SyFy

Dropped.
>>
>>62718852

>Space Action Trope:The series

Looks like shit.
>>
>>62718852
>Not available in your country
fuckyou syfy
>>
looks like boring shit

>it's just humans fucking about in a futuristic setting but since it's the future it's real sci-fi

fuck that shit, give me aliens or something more interesting that just coat of "le 200 years in the future" paint on some garbage drama in spaaaace

not to mention it's an excuse to have more boring minimalist sets and shit cg
>>
File: 1365683570700.jpg (78 KB, 740x883) Image search: [Google]
1365683570700.jpg
78 KB, 740x883
I want to be hyped but ultimately i'll be disappointed
>>
>Not available in your country
why
why would you not want your ad to be available in every country?

A FUCKING ADVERTISEMENT?
>>
>>62719923
I'd fuck her and I'm not even a nigga
>>
>>62720012

Sure thing, Jamal.
>>
File: 1407098672754.jpg (222 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
1407098672754.jpg
222 KB, 1240x786
>syfy
>>
>>62720059
really hitting these memes at the height of their popularity huh?
>>
>>62718852
Design looks great, and I'm a sucker for a good neo-noir.

Kinda Blade Runner-ish.
>>
>>62720078
fuck off cock mongler
>>
Just finished book 5 of the series. Hope Syfy doesn't fuck this up. I'm still a bit buttmad about the ending of BSG.

Is it just me or does Miller seem WAY too young. He is supposed to be 49. Not sure if a 30 something in a porkpie is going to do him justice, especially since people can just euphoria meme him to death.

mfw Avasarala though.
>>
>>62719920
are you 12
>>
>>62720217
no, are you?
>>
Reminder that Syfy views this as their "Game of Thrones in space"

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/04/11/syfy-the-expanse
>>
>>62720156
Thomas Jane is 46
>>
>>62719920
Why are you even in this thread, you gibbering moron?
Go circlejerk in your /who/ General or something.
>>
>>62718852
If this is supposed to be Syfy's big series, why does it still look like every other piece of garbage on this network?
>>
Looks like YA garbage.
>>
>>62720156
>I'm still a bit buttmad about the ending of BSG.
Cry harder faggot
>>
>>62720519
doctor who is a joke, just like the expanse
>>
>>62719920
But there are aliens, dingus the trailer just isn't giving away everything. Also the aliens aren't like fucking humans with makeup on. They are more of an unscene force for atleast the first couple of books
>>
Having read the book this is based on I am pretty confident this will be awful.

Thomas Jane's character was the only interesting one. And I can almost guarantee they'll cut out most of the body horror from the book. Also it's full of tired cliches; young plucky pilot, space colonials are spirited idealists who just want to live their lives in peace but keep getting oppressed by the Earth government, evil mega-corporations.

I actually thought it might make a decent TV series, but judging from the trailers Syfy aren't putting anywhere near the budget behind it to make it a show anyone is going to pay attention to. It'll end up like another Continuum or Dark Matter or something, an 'okay' show, that will trundle along for a few seasons but make no impact whatsoever on mainstream viewing culture.
>>
>>62720977

>implying S2-3 Continuum wasn't some of the best sci-fi in years
>>
>>62718852
Been reading the novels for the last uhhh 2 months I guess without knowing they're actually making a tv show out of it.

The good:
>solid, action filled plots that got me hooked to the point where I couldn't stop reading
>decent job at low tech sci fi without being truly hard sci fi which is boring to read imo
>horror atmosphere reminiscent of Alien

The bad:
>I don't like a single female character in these books, if you swapped their gender to male nobody would notice a difference
>featured homosexuality to the point where you're wondering how earth got overpopulated in the first place
>author has some weird fetish for huge body builder bodied brown amazones
>>
>>62719644
>another shitty syfy show that will have an interesting pilot to get you hooked followed by several episodes of filler garbage where it gets worse every episode.
Since it's based on books they can't do that.

Every season will be self-contained I speculate, just like you could read the books individually, but there's still an overarching plot happening in between.
>>
>>62719920
>fuck that shit, give me aliens or something more interesting that just coat of "le 200 years in the future" paint on some garbage drama in spaaaa
spoiler:
aliens are actually a major plot point
>>
File: gethard.jpg (223 KB, 750x595) Image search: [Google]
gethard.jpg
223 KB, 750x595
>>62720424
Damn is he? He carries it well then.

Well here's to is hoping he pulls off the hard boiled detective character well.
>>
>>62722718
How far are you in the series? Also skip book 4. Seriously just read the synopsis and move on. Its bad.
>>
>>62718852
is this going to be chinese and black people in space or will it be WHITE people in space?

srsly asking before I watch the trailer. Thanks
>>
>>62722856
I'm into book 5 already. Meteors destroying earth

I'm also not a big fan of Holden. He's a fucking pussy except for the end of every book where he goes "I guess everything's fucked now anyway so I better go fix shit".
>>
>>62722944
The books are Indians and spics in space. And Earth. And Mars.

The casting is pretty whitewashed by comparison.
>>
>>62722960
Yeah the big problem with Holden is that he is an obnoxious paladin who always seems to win. Its borders on "chosen one" bullshit at times. Book 5 is better about that since he is pretty useless in it; its all about the rest of the crew.
>>
>>62723071
it's still kinda weird how they all end up in places relevant to the conspiracy
>>
Looks pretty cool. I loooove sci-fi future space shit
>>
>>62722979
>The casting is pretty whitewashed by comparison.
You know, this racism thing wouldn't be an issue if people didn't pay attention to it.
You americans are especially prone to it
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.