[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys think Tom Hardy can be the next James Bond? I feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: Tom_Hardy_Mad_Max_Fury_Road2.jpg (49 KB, 564x423) Image search: [Google]
Tom_Hardy_Mad_Max_Fury_Road2.jpg
49 KB, 564x423
You guys think Tom Hardy can be the next James Bond? I feel like he'd feel the role nicely. But I wonder if he would feel too much like Craig. Each Bond tended to come with their own personality, though maybe the Craig personality is what the modern person sees when we think of James Bond. Then again, Im sure there's people who are still thrown off from the Pierce Brosman to the Craig transition.
>>
He's as much of a faggot as Craig, so most people won't notice the difference.
>>
>>62715450
I'd be content with Dan Stevens or maybe Michael Fassbender, but Hardy seems a little too...I dunno, rugged? He's more of a type that would make a good Bond henchman, like Oddjob or Jaws.
>>
I really think it's about time that role gets some color. It's the current year people.
>>
>>62715474
True enough. Or maybe a rival of some sort that isn't the villain type since the public would rather see him in a protagonist role.
>>
File: 1402372584810.jpg (37 KB, 615x615) Image search: [Google]
1402372584810.jpg
37 KB, 615x615
>>62715483
>implying the next Bond isn't muslim

Also, what about christian Bale?
>>
Get Aidan, I said. When I heard the bond role was opening up I said 'get Aidan'. His facial expressions are so expressive
>>
>>62715483
For the LAST FUCKING TIME, Bond is not a codename.

You want color in a role? Try Doctor Who. That guy is an immortal being who shifts bodies when he thinks he's gonna die, and you don't think he could at least try doing something that isn't a British white guy?
>>
>>62715496
>muslim bond

So you mean ben affleck ?
>>
File: keanureeves.jpg (45 KB, 908x525) Image search: [Google]
keanureeves.jpg
45 KB, 908x525
After John Wick, I have faith in him again.
>>
>>62715474

Based Fassbender would be great. He could add a very distinct charm as well.
>>
>>62715485
That's true.

Also, Henry Cavill would be best Bond, but since the studios decided to be faggots and lock him out of the role for not being "exclusive to the franchise".
>>
>>62715525
Wait they did that? I just thought it wouldn't make sense for him to do Bond movies since he's pretty much locked into DC movies for the next five years.
>>
why do people get so up in arms over "the next Bond" anyway?
the Bond movies haven't been a big deal in like 30+ years, and even at their peak they were thought of as low-brow movies.

Getting a new Bond actor isn't like remaking Casablanca or destroying some flawless British icon or anything. It's basically the equivalent of extending a capeshit dynasty that started half a century ago
>>
>>62715531
Yeah, he made Man From UNCLE (which was a much better Bond movie than Spectre) as a fuck you to the studio.
>>
File: Hardy.jpg (251 KB, 921x1280) Image search: [Google]
Hardy.jpg
251 KB, 921x1280
Young Hardy was suave, intellectual, clean cut, smooth.

Old Hardy (after the bulk) is fat mode, dirty, jagged toothed, kind of ugly "big guy" roles.

I think he killed his chances of being Bond with Bronson/Bane. He looked like shit in Mad Max, but that fit the bill. I don't think he can achieve his former level of sleekness again, tbqh.
>>
>>62715538
It's fun to have different Bonds cause it's a traditional at this point. And there's nothing wrong with the occassional Bond film. It's a spy thriller, and we don't get many of those these days, so I'm all for them.
>>
>>62715551
Hardy's too trendy to pass up, however. I mean, ideally, we'd want someone who isn't famous to be the next Bond. Cause let's be honest, if we had someone like Jason Statham play Bond, he'd be playing all the Jason roles from most of his films. It'd dilute the role.
>>
File: 1446189272496.gif (2 MB, 490x267) Image search: [Google]
1446189272496.gif
2 MB, 490x267
Too short
>>
File: bond girls laughing.jpg (49 KB, 565x430) Image search: [Google]
bond girls laughing.jpg
49 KB, 565x430
>craig
>bond
>>
>Hardy
>Bond
It would mean they are preparing an even more c
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.