[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does it make you feel to know that the most powerful scene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
How does it make you feel to know that the most powerful scene in Star Wars is in the prequels?
>>
The scene on the landing pad actually would have been great if Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman weren't so fucking terrible

The fight is too fucking long and choreographed for me to even care, I get tired within three minutes
>>
The Vader reveal at the end of Empire is still the most powerful scene.

The Obi-Wan v Anakin fight was nice though, at least until they went outside and fought on the catwalks and robot platforms. Once it got into that shit, I couldn't care less.
>>
File: Duel_on_Coruscant.jpg (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Duel_on_Coruscant.jpg
2 MB, 1920x816
>>62713767
that's not even the most powerful scene senpai
>>
>>62713767
It's not powerful though
Because we never really see them act as good friends
Anakin was never a hero
It's not tragic because I never cared about him
>>
>>62713767
*slaughters children*
>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL
>>
>>62713830
We got to see them be good friends at the beginning of Revenge.

Not so much during Clones though.
>>
>>62713767
Nope. Ewok celebration at the end of Jedi. All of the characters' struggles and victories culminating into one big party as they know they are finally at peace.
>>
>>62713865
The whole part with the fucking ewoks was shit anon
>>
>>62713855
We need more than a few scenes at the start.
Wish all of Clone Wars was like that.
>>
makes sense

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg
>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness
>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg
>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin
>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu
>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky
>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
Alan Moore
>>
File: costanzu.png (170 KB, 382x346) Image search: [Google]
costanzu.png
170 KB, 382x346
>>62713918
> Lucas, Pegg, Cronenberg and Moore
> all people who helped spread capeshit
> bashing capeshit
Pathetic to be honest, senpai. A sci-fi director, a sci-fi comedy actor, a b-movie director and a comic writer all largely responsible for bringing their respective fields into the mainstream.
Also:
>Alan Moore doesn't think he writes cape books
Kek. Delusion to the nth degree.
>>
>>62714255
>Delusion to the nth degree.
This. He literally took the character of Swamp Thing, who was undeniably a "movie monster" and transformed him into a superhero.
>>
>>62713918
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
>- Simon Pegg
>- Simon Pegg
>- Simon Pegg

It'd be fucking great if he didn't dedicate his entire fucking career to starring in the most redditor praised of redditor praised nerd tier comic shit around.
>>
>>62713767
but thats not the scene where vader is taking luke to the emperor
>>
>>62713767
This entire fight had good effects and a god-tier soundtrack, but the best parts were all due to Ewan's acting. He actually seemed hurt, like he was legitimately fighting a friend.
>>
File: obi wan brother.jpg (24 KB, 600x342) Image search: [Google]
obi wan brother.jpg
24 KB, 600x342
>>62714349
Yeah, it was a great scene.
>>
>>62713767
obi wan breaking down at the end was actually quite emotional.
>>
>>62713918
>the movies are for children
>HE IS A POLITICAL IDEALIST...MEESA PROPOSE...CHANCELLOR VALORUM WOULD LIKE TO PROPOSE A MOTION FOR...I'M A SENATOR
>>
>>62714349
>>62714373
I pity Ewan.
Like, he was the only guy there who gave half a shit about trying to make a good movie
>>
>>62714405
>net worth: 45 million
>successful film career
>sexiest man alive
>hot french wife
Yeah, I pity him too
>>
>>62714373
"YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! I'M GOING TO LEAVE YOU IN A POOL OF LAVA, GOOD FRIEND!"
>>
>>62715231
>Did I ever tell you about how I left your father as a quadriplegic burning on a shore of lava, not even pausing to consider putting him out of his misery? He was a good friend.
>>
>>62713767
the whole scene plays out like a 'Peter Griffin vs Chicken' skit.
>>
>>62713767
mmm nothing says powerful to me like two guys floating on magical flying lava platforms while they clink their glowing sticks together in the midst of no actual fucking stakes whatsoever
>>
>>62713814
No, the most powerful scene was when Vader tells luke he will turn leia to the dark side then luke loses his shit and throws choreography out the door and starts pummelling him
>>
>>62714373
Ewan was the best thing about the prequels
>>
>>62713830
>>62713855
>>62713908

I'm a firm believer that The Clone Wars cartoon adds so much needed backstory and characterization to Revenge of the Sith. It sucks that Genndy got shafted and it wasn't his cartoon, but once I got past the really bad movie, the show is great. I wish the show kept going and we got to see Revenge of the Sith stuff in it, because it would have been so much better than the actual movie.

Even then though, watching RotS after seeing all of the cartoon, parts hit a lot harder.

>>62713829

And this scene is made even more bullshit too.
>>
>>62713799
>The fight is too fucking long and choreographed for me to even care, I get tired within three minutes
This. I think Plinkett might have mentioned it, but putting the fighting in such a hazardous environment only to have the characters carelessly keep fighting just takes away the tension. They were swinging from wires like fucking Tarzan.
>>
>>62716229
indeed
>>
>>62715231
I end up just cracking the fuck up since it reminds me of that firepit skit in austin powers where the lackey just refuses to die
>>
Yep, this is the best fight scene and music is godlike too. If only rest of prequel trilogy was like this.
>>
File: jar-jar-binks-ep-one.jpg (237 KB, 1539x679) Image search: [Google]
jar-jar-binks-ep-one.jpg
237 KB, 1539x679
This one is powerfuller
>>
File: jake-lloyd.jpg (53 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
jake-lloyd.jpg
53 KB, 992x744
It could've been the most powerful scene, but the entire prequel trilogy they treated Anakin as 'too dangerous' 'too old' to be trained.

They treated him like a villain and were apprehensive about him from day 1, no wonder he turned to the dark side.

You have people making you feel unworthy and unwanted, and then the same people try to impose their will on you, and make you do things you don't want to, when really, you're more powerful than they are anyway?

If they treated him like the Chosen One, a prophetic hero, a force of light and hope, AND THEN, he turned evil, it would've actually meant something.

They didn't though, so it's meaningless.
>>
Bs. Luke meeting vader and finding out hes his father for the first time/ his father saving him at the end was undoubtedly the most powerful scene.
>>
>>62716778
>Clone Wars cartoon

This is seriously the best thing to come out of the clone wars and completely justifies the existence of the prequels.

And not that garbage fanfic CG cartoon, fags. The Genndy one.
>>
>>62713767
>the most powerful scene in Star Wars

Retirement's starting to get boring, George?
>>
>>62717090

Don't get me wrong, I really really wish they could have kept going with the Genndy one. But I was talking about the CG one. There are arcs that aren't that great, but the ones worth watching are excellent, and really set up Revenge of the Sith really well.
>>
>>62713767
I don't think it made sense. Why didn't Obi just walk away? Why did he let the deathmatch with his best friend happen? What would killing anakin accomplish exactly? Making the emperor and the army of clones vanish?

The more I think about it the more it would have made more sense if anakin got disfigured in a separate accident. Or in a progressive series of events making him progressively more inhuman, both outside and inside
>>
>>62717135
>>62717135
I haven't watched since the Mon Calamri arc, but I did really enjoy what they were doing with it.

Wonder if it is time to jump back in. Didn't like Savage and I see Maul came back.
>>
File: treason.jpg (9 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
treason.jpg
9 KB, 299x169
>>62713829
It's treason,then.
>>
>>62717236

Yeah, Savage was a bit bland, which is funny because when Maul comes back, they took a very one note technically bland character and did good things with him. The Savage/Maul stuff escalates quite well into a very surprise fight that was one of the highlights of the series.

If you haven't seen the Umbra arc, I'd keep going until you get to that. If you finish that arc, and you're still not satisfied, I think you're good to stop. But you should be close to that. It's in the first half of Season 4, shortly after the Mon Calarmi stuff I think.
>>
thats why the prequels are superior
better effects and jedi fights

fuck all your old shit
>>
>>62714255
You miss the point anon, their not criticizing the works themselves, their criticizing those with such a cult like infatuation with them that there letting the real world turn to shit. There's nothing wrong with entertainment.
>>
Only because of Ewan McGreggor. He is literally the only redeeming feature of the entire trilogy.
>>
>>62714320
>mocks nerd culture

>stars in zombie film

>acts in fucking STAR TREK. STAR TREK
>>
>>62717701
This, Ewan's a great guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RK8mY3yJ2I
>>
>>62717701
>not Sheev
>>
>>62713767
Fantastic watching this with you guys again.

It's was a lot better than I remember it being, and the dark aesthetic for much of it was really good. The problem with the movie is that no one apart from Ian McDiarmid seems to care about their role. Every one else either sounds bored, or like they're about to start laughing. If there was a little more life put into it, it could have been spectacular, but by this point it was probably already too late.
>>
>>62717090
>that garbage fanfic CG cartoon, fags. The Genndy one.
The irony is real.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.