[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you remember the moment when Star Wars was officially dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 2 headed fagot.png (208 KB, 1272x808) Image search: [Google]
2 headed fagot.png
208 KB, 1272x808
Do you remember the moment when Star Wars was officially dead to you?

This was it for me
>>
>>62713734
shortly after, they introduce a character who is literally droopy dog
>>
it was a series of posts I read on /tv/, there wasn't a #moment'. It was cumulative.
>>
The part where Darth Vader revealed that he's Luke's father which completely invalidates everything in the series because it paints Obi Wan as a liar.
>>
When I saw a poster for the clone wars and it said something about how jedi cannot love
Even as a kid that was obsessed with star wars, that made me stop in my tracks and laugh at how stupid that was
>>
>>62713734
the part where owen and beru were killed
>>
>>62713734
>>62713734
It was never alive.
It was always just a podracing universe for me.
>>
>>62713734
Mid-late 00s, with ROTS and the remaster rape of the OT

>Obi-Wan's scream to ward off the Sandpeople
>Removal of Yub-Nub
>Jedi Rocks
>Han not shooting first
>Christensen's ghost at the end of VI
>Vader's 'NO' before he throws Sheev down off the balcony
>Vader's 'NO' at the end of ROTS
>General Grievous
>Yoda's fight scene in ROTS, in particular the part where his fingernails claw as he falls off the ledge
>ROTS awful dialogue

I tolerated ATOC because I wasn't expecting much after episode 1 (lost most of my faith after the Yoda/Dooku fight scene), but the God-awful ROTS and the remaster released soon after exposed Lucas as a cash-cow hack, from my point of view
>>
>>62713734
Yeah I remember seeing that the first time in theaters. I cringed and knew George Lucas lost it and sold out to
Try to make it lame and kid friendly
>>
>>62714015
>being upset about the removal of Yub Nub
come on man
>>
>>62713734
Why are you still talking about it then?
>>
>>62714015
>Removal of Yub-Nub
>Jedi Rocks
>Han not shooting first
This was all done in the 90's not mid-late 00's
>>
>>62713734
Phantom Menace started it, but Attack of the Clones finished it. Truly awful movie from top to bottom. Changes to the OT were the nail in the coffin.
>>
When Yoda lost to Dooku.
>>
>>62717591
The first changes to the OT was done before Phantom Menace. That was what started it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.