[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to watch this, what should I expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 299x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 299x443
About to watch this, what should I expect?
>>
a bretty good 69 scene
>>
The best capeshit film to date.
>>
Based Cronenburg.
>>
Which movie had the nude fight scene? This one or Eastern Promises?
>>
>>62711838
Cronenberg hitting a new high.
I miss his body horror, though.
>>
Mediocrity, therefore disappointment considering it's Based Viggo just after LotR
>>
aragorn is a fucking psycho
>>
He is the guy they think he his, he kills his brother ed harris. These threads are the worst.
>>
>>62711949
Spotted the pleb.
>>
>>62711934
Eastern Promises which is actually a great movie
>>
>>62711934
boku no eastern promisuru
>>
>>62711838
Not as much violence as you'd expect. It's some pretty fuckin' good violence though.
>>
>>62711860
>dat nice lil bush she has
hnnnnngg
>>
I've seen it a few times and something about it always feels awkwardly directed or edited to me.

But it's still a pretty good movie. Still don't understand why William Hurt was nominated for an Oscar for his role, it was a pretty stock character that he played in a way that I could've played him.
>>
>>62711838
A good mixture of both history and violence. The title didn't lie.
>>
>>62712000
She's as bland looking as a pile of towels with a wig on it. Seriously, Maria Bello is like the poor man's Naomi Watts, who's like a 7/10
>>
Hot sex

Good violence

If you want anything more you're a woman
>>
>>62711838

A historical account of brute force.
>>
>>62712031
>Still don't understand why William Hurt was nominated for an Oscar for his role, it was a pretty stock character that he played in a way that I could've played him.

Agreed.
>>
>>62711838
viggo was the guy they were looking for all along
>>
>>62711838
HOT STAIRCASE SEX, BASICALLY RAPE

ALSO REALLY ABRUPT WELL EXECUTED VIOLENCE

AND ED HARRIS BEING A MENACING MOTHERFUCKER WHO GETS GOT OUT OF NOWHERE
>>
>>62712046
>Maria Bello is like the poor man's Naomi Watts
this desu
>>
>>62712046
naomi watts is a 7?
i guess you're fucking adriana lima or danielle sharp on a daily basis right
>>
>>62711838
A predictable plot with some mediocre acting from the teens and the kid (rest of the cast is pretty good). It's overrated but by no means bad. it's decent but nothing amazing. None of the twists are jaw-dropping. It's difficult to empathize with the main character at times. Although some parts come with some genuinely well-done suspense, what surrounds it is slightly disinteresting and predictable. you'll feel about a half a step in front of the plot rather than it being two steps in front of you. 7.8/10
>>
>>62712138
Did I say that? I'd be lucky if I land a 7. But we're talking about celebs and such where the average woman is like an 8.5/10
>>
He took a pretty good comic and cut out too much of the story for me to really see why the movie needed to exist.

So it's just a "past comes back to haunt some guy" movie and then there's like two good scenes in the whole thing?

baka desu cronen-senpai
>>
File: A History of Violence 3.webm (3 MB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
A History of Violence 3.webm
3 MB, 640x344
>>
>>62713276
me on the right
>>
Cronenberg shitting on his entire film legacy.
>>
>>62712031
>I've seen it a few times and something about it always feels awkwardly directed or edited to me.

I felt the same too. There are two things that felt weird:

>bad guy at the beginning looked kinda like Viggo (maybe its just me, but it confused me because I wondered if it was intentional or not)
>Howard Shore's music didn't fit in scenes that didn't have violence
>>
>>62711838
You should expect a pretty good fucking movie.
>>
>>62713276

was it rape?
>>
>>62712031
You're right senpai.

The direction is something out of a 90s B grade movie. All the actors look like they came straight out of a 90s high school movie except vigo himself (the son, the bully, the mom, the actual high school, the daughter, the bad guys)

So you've got this cheesey style merging with this hyper violent gangster story and it feels really wrong.

All in all the movie has one memorable scene with the coffee mug and the rest is mostly forgettable
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.