[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>IT'S A CROSSGUARD >BUT IT'S ALSO EXHAUST POTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: CTqUIQNUcAA6mEn.jpg (55 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CTqUIQNUcAA6mEn.jpg
55 KB, 600x450
>IT'S A CROSSGUARD
>BUT IT'S ALSO EXHAUST POTS

God damn it.
>>
>cross guards
wouldn't a light saber just go straight through it into the "exhaust", fucking it up?
>>
>>62709859
It was both the whole time.

FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
Does that pass the Lightsabre Emissions Testing? I'm going to need to see your certificate, OP.
>>
TAR WARS
A
R

W
A
R
S
>>
>>62709907
Maybe, it'd still vent lightsaber plasma but it'd go forward more.
>>
functionally they're exhaust for an unstable amateur lightsaber. aesthetically they look like crossguards and are designed to mirror that. Whats so hard to understand? Star Wars has never been realistic sci-fi. You might as well gripe about why lightsabers stop at swordlength instead of extending into infinity.
>>
>>62710069
because they aren't made of light, you dignus. they expel plasma in a containment field. the containment field gets longer as the blade warms up, and indeed some blades have adjusters that allow the user to change the length of the blade.
>>
>>62709907
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELiZys220N0
If you shove a lot of air through an electric arc you will get a longer distance plasma, but you create a forward force that needs balanced.
>>
>>62709859
The real question is
>what is more powerful than a normal light saber?
>>
>>62710954
Two lighsabers
>>
>>62710967
I mean, if his saber is so powerful it has to vent, what is the functional advantage?
>>
>>62710980
Inability to make one properly without one seems the most logical choice.
>>
>>62710980
maybe they will join them together in a long staff with double the exhaust ports
>>
>>62710117
Oh cool, and that's how it works in real life? No? Well then that means it was fucking made up you stupid piece of shit

It's all made the fuck up faggots, fucking deal with it
>>
>>62709859

That's cool as fuck. Stop sperging you autist.
>>
I really don't understand why this hurts so many peoples autism.
>>
>>62710901
>That video
I want my 42 seconds back.
>>
>>62709859

It was a crossguard first and foremost, designed for "rule of cool".

It being exhaust is the afterthought used to justify why it exists.
>>
>>62709859
Goddammit, that's not how fucking vents work. Just say it's a cross guard and stick with it, don't try and make it like it's based in science.
>>
File: 1447339520857s.jpg (3 KB, 124x93) Image search: [Google]
1447339520857s.jpg
3 KB, 124x93
>>62709859
>mfw they don't just build armor out of the crossguard/exhaust port material
>>
>>62709859
that tiny little star wars logo at the top of the plaque appears to be at an odd angle and that bothers me.
>>
>>62713162
it doesnt touch the blades retard
>>
AN ANCIENT EVIL HAS BEEN AWAKENED
>>
>>62709859

Too cool for words.

Get REKT /tv/tards.
>>
>>62709981
S
STARWARS
A
R
W
A
R
S
>>
exhaust vents was theorized like the instant this design was revealed.

>exhaust ports
>looks like a claymore to invoke fantasy
>probably a cobbled together thing that needs to vent excess power

bravo we called it on the first day
>>
>>62709907
One of the newer trailers has a Stormtrooper sporting a staff or something that blocks a lightsaber hit from Finn. Possible that he made the whole saber hilt, or even just the top parts out of Cortosis (re-canonized but not yet confirmed to be lightsaber proof; just blaster bolt proof), phrik alloy (was the material used in the MagnaGuards' electrostaff; though the material itself isn't mentioned in canon yet), or just some other resistant material introduced for the movie.
>>
I thought this was a known thing? As soon as i saw the crossguard it was obvious they were exhaust ports.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.