[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Box Office: Angelina Jolie Pitt's 'By the Sea'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 07activision-web1-superJumbo.jpg (402 KB, 1074x1200) Image search: [Google]
07activision-web1-superJumbo.jpg
402 KB, 1074x1200
>Early returns for By the Sea — a moody marital drama starring Angelina Jolie Pitt and Brad Pitt — is struggling badly in its limited North American debut, according to early Friday returns.
>Scathing reviews are no doubt hurting the film, written and directed by Jolie Pitt, in addition to starring. It's the first time the duo have appeared together on the big screen since Mr. & Mrs. Smith in 2005. While that film was a major commercial play, By the Sea is a throwback to the art house movies of the 1970s.
>Still, the numbers aren't looking good for the Universal film, considering it features two of the biggest stars in the world. Estimates show By the Sea coming in at $90,000-$100,000 from 10 theaters for the weekend, putting its location average at a dismal $9,000-$10,000. Comparisons are tough, but George Clooney's Good Night, and Good Luck posted a location average of $38,313 when it opened in 11 theaters in 2005.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-angelina-jolie-pitts-840163

Jesus Christ is The Martian the only movie that hasn't bombed this Fall?
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (85 KB, 569x336) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
85 KB, 569x336
Ouch.
>>
Women cant make movies. The best movies in history are from men because they actually get shit done
>>
>>62708983
>By the Sea is a throwback to the art house movies of the 1970s.
I'm interested.
>>
>>62708983
when those biological white kids are older and when their parents die and leave their fortune divided with the shit skins as well I'm curious to see how they will react.
>>
Haven't seen such blatant oscar bait in a while.
>>
>>62709230
How is it Oscar bait?
>>
>Raise ticket prices
>Making Oscar bait indie type shit

If you can only go a few times a year to the cinema you'd go see some big Marvel movie and not shit like this.
>>
Don't worry, she'll get at least 10 more bombs funded before Hollywood starts to even consider saying no to her
>>
Based Brody says it's worth a watch
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/angelina-jolies-by-the-sea-is-personal-and-daring
>>
>>62708983
>Jesus Christ is The Martian the only movie that hasn't bombed this Fall?
The Martian was so successful it killed Blompkamp's Alien movie so Scott could make his sooner.
>>
File: please give me a oscar.jpg (6 KB, 207x244) Image search: [Google]
please give me a oscar.jpg
6 KB, 207x244
serves her right for race mixing
>>
>>62709355
p sure they're adopted
>>
>>62709215

Normally. They've grown up together. It's not like they're late additions.
>>
>>62709215
The oldest daughter will probably start hormone therapy to become a man soon so I doubt she'll get shit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.