[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Expect a movie about the horrors of war, sanity, effects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ravenous.jpg (471 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
ravenous.jpg
471 KB, 1000x1500
>Expect a movie about the horrors of war, sanity, effects of starvation and famine in horrible weather conditions
>Get 10% of that and 90% "muh wendigos are real" and a bunch of gore

I mean I liked it but.. what the fuck.
>>
>>62706638
No one ever tried to pass it off as the former. Your own fault for expecting a gritty war drama from a horror flick.
>>
>>62706711
I'm not saying I'm to blame here, but to be honest the movie would've worked so much better as a "gritty war drama" as you so eloquently put it.

Still a fine film on its own.
>>
It had good music
>>
>>62706732
>I'm not saying I'm not* to blame here

Messed that up.
>>
>>62706745

If it weren't for the music this would have been one of those movies that people completely forgot about ever seeing.

As it is, it's a mediocre movie with an out of joint soundtrack that makes the whole experience something memorable.
>>
File: vegeterian_pussy.webm (3 MB, 700x412) Image search: [Google]
vegeterian_pussy.webm
3 MB, 700x412
>>62706638
I don't understand the problem.
Am I oversimplifying or misunderstanding that you liked the movie despite it not being the type of movie you thought it would be?
>>
>>62706745

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHVXAMVC53M

It's like they combined a horror movie soundtrack with the theme from Oregon Trail.
>>
>>62706952
I like the movie as it is, but I had hoped and expected it to be something almost completely different.
>>
Are there any good Wendigo horror movies?

Wendigos and Tailypo are the only spooky critters from North America.
>>
i love the music and the campiness

between this and francis begbie in trainspotting robert carlyle is goat
>>
>>62708694
Don't forget Fully Monty.
>>
>>62706638

It's a dark comedy. Oldfag here, I even remember the trailer featuring David Arquette getting high.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.