[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MST3K Reboot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 24
Will it be any good?

Why not?
>>
>>62706465
There has literally never been a funded kickstarter that delivered. I don't know why idiots like throwing their money away so much
>>
We have no idea because there are basically no details on what the show is actually going to be like.
>>
>>62706492
>There has literally never been a funded kickstarter that delivered
>he never played Shovel Knight
>>
>>62706492
Shovel Knight and FTL, but those were vidya
>>
>>62706525
1/10000 is essentially 0 m8
>>
>>62706465
It's bullshit that he needs 2 million for 3 episodes. Also offering the 3 episodes without DRM or ads for people who pay $100+ is horse shit.
>>
>>62706465
Why would MST3K suddenly become good out of nowhere?
>>
>>62706465
Joel != MST3K
>>
People were joking in a previous thread about Felicia Day being involved, but I would put money on it actually being true. Joel said at the launch AMA that the new actors were already locked in and that it would be a surprise who the new Mad is and that we could guess guess from the silhouette on the Kickstarter page. This, combined with her supposed love for the show and (what I assume to be) her inexpensive-but-sure-to-generate-buzz hiring fee, leads me to believe that it's going to happen. In other words, abandon all hope.
>>
>>62706465
>No Mike
>No Kevin
>No Trace
>No Bill

Joel may have come up with the idea, but it was obvious why seasons 0 and 1 were so weak: The show wasn't complete. Joel alone doesn't make MST3K, the entire crew does.
>>
>>62706678
Yea I mean he only created it.
>>
But fucking why, though? Was ten seasons, 200+ episodes, a film adaptation, two related projects featuring the same fucking cast members, and a loyal cult fanbase not enough? I can only imagine this trying to appeal to millennials more than anything and filing miserably. Christ.
>>
>>62706793
Joel wants money.
>>
>>62706793
It's like how Michael Dorn really wants to make a new Star Trek series just about Worf.
>>
>>62706465
>joel

>>62706492
You're kidding right? Ice Pick Lodge is working on its Pathologic remake and it already released a coherently translated update to the original.

Back to /tv/ Veronica Mars movie was kickstarted.
>>
>>62706465
Youtube is filled with ripoffs. Most kids today don't realize their Letsplay and reaction videos were influenced by MST3K.
>>
>>62706793
I think Joel is just broke. As someone said in the last thread, it will never work now, because kids today have a million Lets Play type videos to watch for free instead of old men making corny jokes over old movies
>>
>>62706465
Why? Rifftrax already has the comedians I actually liked in MST3K, and it doesn't have those stupid interludes that I just skipped through anyway.

I do miss the overlay, though. Especially that one time Mike was playing some other guy and got up to have a smoke on the other side of the screen.
>>
>>62706963
>tfw I do letsplays
>tfw I do letsplays specifically because MST3K encompassed my childhood

And my target audience will never know or care about it.
>>
>>62706793
This. I can only imagine the first episode garnering some good ratings due to the initial shock of there being on old cult show finally being on TV again, but over time, it'll wane and gets cancelled again just like it first did when it aired on the SciFi channel back in 1999 and people got sick of it.
>>
>>62707073
MST3K lasted ten years, anon.
>>
>>62707134
I know that. I meant to say that its popularity waned when it aired on SciFi and tried to incorporate a story arc.

>>62707064
Go away, Slowbeef.
>>
>>62707134
10 years in midnight slots when nothing else was airing, and it eventually got canned for low ratings in the end. 2 hours is a lot of time to lose every week for something few people will watch, even late at night
>>
>>62707207
That's still a ten year run, anon. I don't know why Joel would even need 2 million for the project. It was a monumentally low budget show.
>>
>>62707245
Toy R Us runs ain't cheap fåm
>>
Anyone else never find MST3K funny because they pre-write all their lines? If done well, improvised off-the-cuff riffing can be really funny, but spouting off scripted lines at the right time is really lame. You know there's no risk or spontaneity, because they planned all this shit out already.
>>
>>62707245
>That's still a ten year run, anon.
Why do you keep posting this, it ran for 10 years in a different culture, when shitting on movies like this was totally unique. Now it's just another "reaction video", but 90 minutes long and about something most audiences don't care about
>>
>>62707294
Believe me, if you ever watched their KTMA episodes, their improvised lines were garbage.
>>
>>62707294
I think they do a great job of not seeming scripted
>>
>>62706753
RiffTrax is where most of the ex MST3K folks are now.
No head writer, no robots, just broken-down Joel.
>>
>>62707329
I was just saying it's not unimpressive. I agree that it's much more of a niche market, and one that's been filled by letsplayers and Rifftrax, but don't say it wasn't well known in its prime.
>>
>>62707294
>>62707343

I'm sure they threw shit out that wasn't part of the script from time to time. I find it kind of silly to judge comedy on whether it was scripted or not. Preparation is key to virtually any performance. It can't all be Who's Line is it Anyway?
>>
Something tells me the new host is going to be some overly excited faggot like the rest of these Internet personalities that kids like.

I liked Joel because of how chill he was.
>>
>>62707294
Right now I wish there was more scripting in LPs and riffs. The only reason they've disappeared is that it's antithetical to the massive quantity of vids and speed of production that YouTube demands of people who want to make vids for a living.
Scripting is quality and improv is quantity, not to say that there isn't skill inherent to the practice of both.
>>
>>62706492
Blue Ruin was pretty good.
>>
>>62706465
Have any of you seen that bombastic failure that was Cinematic Titanic? He got the people from MST3k who WEREN'T Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett. It was aptly named, because it was a disaster.
>>
>>62707536
Yeah, I can't imagine backing something like this when we could get an unfunny shitty host
>>
>>62706492
>Not doing the Kingdom Death:Monster kickstarter.
>Not spending 80 bucks for a game that requires you to wear a weightlifting belt to pick it up off your shelf.
>Not winding up horrifically intimidated by the dozens of models to put together.
>>
File: 480680414.jpg (141 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
480680414.jpg
141 KB, 396x594
>>62706704
That silhouette really, really does look like her
>>
>>62706704
>abandon all hope.
The mads were always cringeworthy. I'm not too concerned. Joel's still the weakest link.
>>
>>62707917
Then I can only hope that it becomes Cinematic Titanic 2: Pathetic Failure Boogaloo.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 900x563
>>62707294
This is why I like pic related
>inb4 gay
>>
File: TWaAsAO.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
TWaAsAO.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>>62707917
>the other silhouette is Wil Wheaton
>>
>>62708007
I was thinking this too just now

Just fucking kill me
>>
>>62707917
I'M NOT GOING TO KILL YOU
>>
>>62708006
I like Retsupurae even though Slowbeef is a bit annoying and tryhard at times
>>
>>62707594
I think Dunkey hit a pretty happy medium. I think he does some barebones planning, and then edits his vids down to what's funniest. His Beyond Two Souls vid is fucking great.
>>
>>62708007
Don't you fucking say that I can actually see his smug faggot face behind that silhouette.
>>
>>62706622
So you don't know what the word "literally" means.
>>
>>62706622
>he thinks essentially and literally are synonyms
>>
>>62706663
I think a lot of that money is going towards buying out Jim Mallon so they can get the property back.
>>
>>62706465
>none of the original writers
>none of the original actors or voice actors
>shilled by the ghost of joel, who sucked anyway
>>
>>62708629
>ghost of joel

He's always looked tired and sad, but fuck if that isn't an apt description now. And meanwhile Mike, Bill, and Kevin just riffed The Wizard and do live shows all the fucking time.
>>
>>62706492
>I don't know why idiots like throwing their money away so much

Naive nostalgia.
>>
Meh. There's Rifftrax.
>>
>>62706492
Literally a shitload of kickstarted projects end up complete. Don't let Tim "Uno Farto for 3.3 million" Schafer fool you. Quite a few kickstarter projects have been long since finished, and satisfyingly so.
>>
Man when I saw this thread my eyes lit up, but new host? I would have definitely been ok with Joel hosting again kinda like watching a latter episode of Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood. But a new host who could be some Youtuber faggot is a total turn off.

I'm going to throw it $10 just to see the Behind the Scenes posts because I love Joel's low budget prop style but I would have given more if Dr. Forerester was at least set to come back. Also I do feel I owe Joel some shekels since I only saw MST3K again through piracy because those Shout DVDs are too damn expensive.
>>
>>62709508
Fuck, I thought they meant cohost.
Joel's not even gonna be involved?
>>
>MST3K was good because of the cast and writers
>neither of them are on board, it's just Joel
>NEW CAST

It's going to suck so fucking bad. MIKE STAY AWAY

STAY

AWAY
>>
>>62709670
Mike isn't going anywhere.

I'm very on the fence about it. I could only imagine what /tv/ would've done if it were around right before Joel got replaced by Mike.

If Felicia fucking Day gets involved though it's gonna be a disaster. Even if she's just a Mad, there's always the possibility of her stepping into the movie or even writing material from offcamera.
>>
>>62709670
Mike wouldn't shut down Rifftrax, at most they might have him be a guest since they all are friendly.
>>
>>62709874
That would be pretty rad.
>>
File: xf7eyIp3.png (410 KB, 955x955) Image search: [Google]
xf7eyIp3.png
410 KB, 955x955
>>62709670
>>62707966
>>62707689
>>62707364
Yeah, I don't get the point of this Kickstarter in particular because Rifftrax *is* MST3K, alive, well and modernized isn't it?

And I remember when it launched, too. The first few releases were just Mike talking to himself and it was unbearably depressing, but now it's Mike, Kevin and Bill in front of the microphone and it's been running for nine years and has hundreds of episodes

So what's the point of this Kickstarter at all?
>>
Guys.

What if they manage to do it again. The last overhaul got us Mike and Bill.
>>
>>62709936
Joel's always been doing shit on his own. Even had another riff show that tried to compete with Rifftrax, only with more old movies. This seems to be Joel's next big attempt.
>>
>>62709874
>since they are all friendly
They say that all the time but Joel actually kinda seems like a passive aggressive asshole
>>
>>62709978
This. Especially since he basically got thrown out of his own show in lieu of a funnier, taller, better looking guy.
>>
>>62707917
I swear to Christ....
>>
File: 1447200199670.jpg (65 KB, 487x720) Image search: [Google]
1447200199670.jpg
65 KB, 487x720
>>62710338
>>
I'm telling you, it's going to happen. The new host has all but been confirmed to be Jonah Ray (at the very least, he is the guy in the Kickstarter video and I have a sneaking suspicion he and the Bots' voices in that video are the new people and not just a thing for campaign). Both Ray and Day were also two of the very first people to Tweet about the Kickstarter.
>>
>>62710444
NO
FUCK YOU
FUCK
GODDAMMIT

At least we still have Rifftrax.
>>
>>62706465
I hope it can make it to 5.5 mil,
They will need a media push to help em do it, so it posted on IMDB, but celebrity stars promoting would help too
>>
File: 1428968094040.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1428968094040.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>62706704
>>62707917
>>62708007
I seriously hope this is true
I'd die from laughter
>>
I would support this in theory but the shitty imitations for Crow and Servo in the video dissuaded me.

Also this thread has me spooked about the inclusion of Felicia Day and I can't support that.
>>
File: carlton.jpg (17 KB, 192x240) Image search: [Google]
carlton.jpg
17 KB, 192x240
>>62710966
please let it happen

there will be a generous amount of butthurt
>>
>>62706465
What's the point when people like Douge Walker have completely surpassed him?
>>
>>62709105
Finished does not mean they weren't garbage
>>
>>62707917

She doesn't look bad here. I'd eat the ass.
>>
>>62706724

This in a nutshell.

The real talent of MSTRK is doing Rifftrax.
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
I think it has potential. But then again a rotting bag of dog shit has the potential to become a rose. And its true that Rifftrax is pretty much a more modern MST3K. I can tell you know that there going to reach there goal. But I mean 2 million for 3 episodes is kinda Bull-Shit but if Joel is using most of the money to buy the rights back then its "okay". And by "okay" I mean if he get the rights back he better make it so there are better DVD sets then whats out there now. Like full season DVDs with better commentaries and more special features. But honestly the kickstarter should be for better DVD sets rather than a whole new season.
>>
Insider here some dirt:
1/3

Felicia Day is going to be the new host of the revived. MST3K. Not the new mad. It's set in stone and Mallon is hiding it because he knows Day is polarizing and not well loved, but he and Joel need her and her media connections for a potential TV deal.
Originally the plan was for Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day to headline the revival. Wil would be the Mad and Felicia as the host that does the riffing (the Frank role would be cast with an unknown). However, Wheaton demanded too much money and was turned away; Felicia however agreed to the offered lowball contract because she desperately thinks association with MST3K will be her big break to superstardom.
However, there is a silver lining to be looked at: Mallon and Joel are looking beyond Felicia for replacement hosts, in case there are any backlash against her. The "trap door" plan is to make a host job a revolving door gig. We'll be stuck with Felicia for the first season, at a minimum. But if she bails, or asks for more money or full-on flops, she'll be gone and another C-List celebrity will be brought on to take her spot.
Speaking of which; the main aim for the entire thing is to get it back on the air. MTV is the leading candidate for the revival and to sweeten the deal, they are offering to bring the classic show back on the air as far as MTV and MTV2 rerunning classic MST3K episodes to hype the new series. But MTV wants Felicia Day as host, thinking she will help bring in female viewers to the show, making it profitable in the long term for their preferred demographic.
>>
>>62712838
2/3
But the downside to the MTV deal is that it will be entirely up to Mallon and Joel to finance the making of the new show as well as paying for the cast and getting the movie rights. MTV offered to let them use their reality TV show archive if they did it as a thirty minute/hour long TV format but Mallon turned them down. MTV wants newer movies too; so that is another reason for the Kickstarter, as they can't rely on public domain movies or old school stuff. Inquiries have been made for a couple of films, most notably "The Room", which if they can get the rights, will be the series premier.
Joel has written up a pitch for the new series, in terms of set-up which was used to pitch it to MTV. General notes:
*The original series happened and it's a direct continuation, but with a brand new cast and time skip.
*Since the series ended, Clay Forrester has become something of a legend amongst mad scientists after his papers were published, on the subject of weaponizing bad cinema.
*The new mads are devoted followers of Doc Forrester, with it implied that Clay published a manifesto on the idea that bad cinema can be weaponized. The mads will be "evil nerds", though that might change now that Wheaton is not involved.
(The original plan was that Wil would be playing a fictionalized version of himself: a washed out child star from a famous sci-fi franchise who everyone hated. This cased him to want to enslave humanity and when he read Doc Forrester's manifesto, he used all of the money he made on TV to create a new Satellite of Love, kidnap Tom Servo, Crow, and Gypsy, and restart the experiments to find the perfect movie to destroy the soul of humanity. His assistant would be a pathetic fanboy of Wil's TV character who does his bidding and who annoys the overtly abusive Wil with his asskissing and hero worship)
>>
>>62712856
3/3
*Felicia's character will be anti-nerd: loud, obnoxious man chasing career woman. Think Donna Noble before she got red pilled when her black fiance tried to feed her to spider alien. Felicia has no problem with this, since it's closer to her real personality and MTV loves it, because this is the type of female demographic they want for their shows.
*The relationship between the bots and Felicia will be similar to the bots and Mike Nelson, except that Felicia always gets the best of them. The bots don't like Felicia and Felicia does not like the bots but they eventually "grow to love each other" in a Stockholme Syndrome sort of way.
*Another thing planned, but most likely dropped now that Wheaton is not involved, is the replacement for the invention exchange. There would be a running gag that Wil's Mad character is broke and to make money, supporting himself and running the experiments, would have to do demeaning things that played off of his infamous rep from when he was a child star.
Casting for the bots voice actors is still ongoing, but rumors are that Bill Hader may end up playing Crow. Like Felicia, he'll be doing it on the cheap. Tim Heidecker has been floated around as well for Tom Servo or the new Mad.
>>
>>62706492
Kickstarters are great for resin model makers who do small batches. Or for cooking stuff.

Video game scam artists are virtually all liars and bilk the only people more awful than they are - video game nostalgia faggot redditors.
>>
>>62712881
4/3
Also, as for the situation with Mike Nelson:
Mike has been fully aware of the revival and was asked if he wanted to come back as a writer. He declined, because he feared that if he came back to MST3K, he would be forced to kill Rifftrax if the show got picked up by MTV.
He gave Mallon and Joel his blessing, on the condition that they don't try and use his name to promote the series as far as saying he would be working on it. When all of the chaos of the launching of the Kickstarter happened, Mike wsa forced to give a public statement to clear up confusion.
Mike is also why Felicia Day's involvement is being kept ultra-hush hush. He made Mallon aware that Felicia would be a detriment to the Kickstarter and that they should hold off announcing her involvement until AFTER they meet their goal. Felicia naturally was pissed but is holding her tongue because she desperately wants MST3K to launch her stillborn career.
>>
File: 1401686759185[1].jpg (81 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1401686759185[1].jpg
81 KB, 456x386
>>62708007

Don't even joke about that shit.
>>
>>62712838

Even if 100% false, the mere idea of Day coming anywhere close to MST3K is gut wrenching. She's beyond unwatchable!
>>
>>62712700
Season sets will NEVER happen. The rights issues for a good number of the films are complicated as fuck and it's far far cheaper to release either single disk releases or small scale best of sets.

Especially since there are things like the Gamera set which were one-off releases that will never get re-issued (since they screwed over the Japanese studio in order to get around their flat out refusal to license them for release) or in the case of the Godzilla films, will NEVER EVER get released on DVD.
>>
>>62712856
Jesus.
What's the point if it's not old movies that would be lost forever otherwise?
Let it be and enjoy rifftrax.

Also, the sheer irony that Joel left in season 5 because he was tired of the show and now clings to the memory like a scumbag.
>>
>>62712949
If it's any consolation, she'll be playing herself on the show and not fake nerd girl Felicia, the public persona she parades around town.

Which will mean more of a chance to redpill normies that she's a horrible, vile human being if she's put into a position where she inevitably gets sloppy and has a Mel Gibson type career ruining moment.
>>
>>62713039
If her attempt to stage a fake doxing of herself so she could blame Gamegate and the "I ran screaming down the street road yelling "RAPE!!!" because two guys behind me were nerds and wore video game themed t-shirts" debacle didn't kill her career, I doubt yelling antisemetic slurs will. Especially since her social justice ilk hate the Jews/Isreal anyway, due to them preferring Muslims.
>>
If that's true, Mallon is still involved? I thought selling off to Shout! was the end of Mallon's hold on the series. Seems kind of odd he'd still be around as producer or whatever
>>
>>62706465

I don't think so. Why aren't they sticking with rifftrax? Or was the plan always to rebuild the audience with rifftrax, then mobilize it to rebuild MST3K? These guys do know television is a dying medium, right?
>>
>>62712838
>>62712856
>>62712881
>MTV
They can just about everything after only one season; seems like the worst possible network to which to sell the show.
Also:
>The Room
Jesus, knock it off already. Yes, The Room is bad, we get it. Find something else.
>>
>>62713098
Mallon owns the series and Shout basically is just the folks who put out the DVDs. And even then, Mallon allegedly has the option to yank the license from Shout if they ever displease him.

Mallon is infamously tight controlled over the series. It's one of the main reasons why the KTM episodes will never see the light of day save for a couple of the sketches.
>>
>>62713177
Yeah, that's how it used to be. But earlier this week at the same time as the Kickstarter kickoff, it was revealed Shout Factory has bought out MST3K in its entirety from Best Brains
deadline.com/2015/11/mystery-science-theater-shout-factory-1201617524/
>>
>>62712965
One can still be hopeful for season sets or even more DVD releases. Hell even a one off DVD of the Pilot to The TV Wheel with the test version "The X-Box is Turning". Maybe even a DVD of what ever there might be of Statical Planets. Even if we cant get full seasons or better DVDs this new season thing is not the best idea, especially if the rumors are true.
>>
>>62713133
Insider here.

Rifftrax only fucking exists because Mallon fucked Kevin and Mike over.

Kevin, Mike, Bill originally had a series called "Film Crew" set up as the first real "sequel" to MST3K. Rhino was going to release it, but Mallon forced them to kill the project.

They took it to Shout, which released the first batch of titles from the Film Crew. But then Mallon took MST3K to Shout and as part of that deal, Shout was ordered to kill the Film Crew, as far as refusing to let Mike and co make any further releases.

Mike responded by creating Rifftrax, to get around having to deal with distributors and movie rights and basically sell directly to his fanbase.

If anything, Rifftrax has simply made Mallon and Joel jealous and fueled their own various failed attempts to exploit the MST3K brand.

>>62713150
They want a brand name film to launch the series. "The Room" would bring in casuals who are not familiar with the show. That is why it's being pursued.
>>
Just had a horrible thought:

Felicia Day and Spoony as the main characters of the MST3K revival.
>>
>>62713275
>They want a brand name film to launch the series.
I get that, but:
>everyone and their mom has already seen it
>everything to be said was probably already done with the Rifftrax version
>The Room can't really be mocked because it's already such an enigma
Not to mention MST3K was always about bringing up undiscovered weirdness and bringing it to light. They passed up ever doing Plan 9 From Outer Space on the show for this very reason.
>>
>>62713333
I'd take Spoony over Felicia if only for trainwreck value of Spoony attacking TV's Frank (who once told Spoony off when Spoony pulled a "do you know who I am?" stunt with him) and watching the Walker brothers and Linkara and co burning him in effigy when Spoony refuses to give get them jobs writing on the show.
>>
>all these faggots slobbing mike

mike was and is garbage, any episode with mike in it can safely be thrown in the trash
>>
>>62713335
Insider here;

MTV does not want to push obscure stuff. Indeed, OG Mystery Science Theater was never about casual film preservation; most of the obscure stuff we rescued (like Mr B Natural and Manos) were brilliant accidents more than consciously trying to preserve forgotten B-Movies.

They want casual friendly films that are well known, because they think that will keep audiences who stumble on the show, watching. MTV's goal is new viewers; the token bone for fans of the older b-movies will be the reruns of the classic series, if they go ahead and buy the tv rights to the new series.
>>
>>62713333
>>62713383
I think Spoony would do a great job as host or even having Dr. Insano as a mad. Plus watching him totally shut down the Walker brothers and Linkara and co. for asking to get jobs writing the show would be great, Just think of the potential fan war!
>>
>>62713417
You do know Mike was a writer for the show right? He also wrote S2-4 and the first half of S5 prior to taking over as host and that, in general, the show went from shit to being the cult classic we know and love once Mike started on as head writer
>>
File: seolhyun.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
seolhyun.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
>>62706465

>watching some guy give commentary on a shitty movie

no thank you
>>
>>62713475
Rather have Spoony as NuTV Frank.

Call him "WWW Noah!" and have his character be a failed v-blogger who moonlights as a lab assistant and gets off on being femdommed by Felicia.
>>
>>62713519
If they have Felicia be the Mad, they need to make her be Clay's long lost sister, who Pearl put up for adoption because she was pure evil. And not the fun kind, but the "kill everyone" type evil.
>>
>>62713519
>>62713553
Or the better option: No Felicia at all!
>>
File: 1447130540182.jpg (81 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1447130540182.jpg
81 KB, 1024x768
I've seen both version of "new MST3K" where they riff on new movies and I don't see why they literally need $2 million USD to make a for-profit show. They're all making good money off this shit already.
>b-b-but they need to buy the puppets back from baron von kikenburg
Just let it die please. It had a good run. Can we not run it into the ground?
>>
>>62713039
I'd rather be worried about Felicia trying to bait Mike into saying something nasty (Mike is a conservative who is famous for hiding his right wing political views from his fans) to destroy him and his standing, in order to prop up her status as the face of the franchise.

SJW LOVE scorch earthing franchises when they take over and make their own the face of the franchise while killing off or shitting on the previous face of the franchise, in order to run off the existing fanbase so only SJW can have the property.

Ten gets you twenty the cunt ends up getting Mallon and Hodgeson fired from it within a year and has a smear campaign orchestrated by the usual suspects to try and kill Rifftrax and make Mike reviled and a pariah, so that Queen Felicia will be the undisputed face of Mystery Science Theater.
>>
>>62713505
fuck off cancerous kshitter
>>
>>62713626
They need about half the money rebuilding the sets and filming the host sequences plus acquiring he movies (since no network will be picking up the tab or offering them a "card blanche access to their back catalog of films, ala Sci-Fi Channel). Plus money for shipping their Kickstarter incentives and giving Kickstarter their cut of the money raised.
>>
>>62706465

>Mad scientist is a woman

FUCKING DROPPED.
>>
File: 1386461253162.jpg (22 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1386461253162.jpg
22 KB, 320x287
>2 million
>3 episodes
>>
If they need an evil sexy Mad, they should just pay Morgan Webb. On X-Play she had a similar character and hell, maybe they can get Adam Sessler to play her spineless toady manservant.
>>
>>62713703

If the rumors that they want to feature "The Room", are true? That probably is where most of the money is going to.
>>
How would you explain this show to someone who's never seen it and barely knows what MST3K is?
>>
>>62707245
The money isn't even really for the production. They have to pay to secure the rights to broadcast the movies.
>>
>>62713636
jesus, you should really lay off the conspiracy theory websites. They make you stupid
>>
>it's a joel episode

>>>/trash/
>>
File: 1447483644813-0.jpg (423 KB, 1067x1600) Image search: [Google]
1447483644813-0.jpg
423 KB, 1067x1600
>>62713662

I would rather watch AOA dance and do aegyo things 24/7 than watch some guy watch films with his robot puppets 24/7

I never understood the appeal of mystery science theater.
>>
>>62706704

From what I heard, the new mad is Felicia Day and the new host is some guy from The Nerdist named Jonah Ray.
>>
>>62712885
Books, too. I've kickstarted several comics ("it's all done, I just need money for print and distribution") and always got my money's worth
>>
>>62712885
small games with actual teams on them get finished. problem is there is too many retards who will throw money at just an idea.
>>
oh god hahaha! that shit eating, smug grin sums up my thoughts perfectly about how a reboot would play out. plz tell me this isnt what people do with these sites? they seem gay as fuck so ive never perused kickstarter sites ever.
>>
>>62714129
just got to find the right episode man theres like 10 seasons im sure you can find one that you would like mike did seem to have the better ones though
>>
>>62706492

pebble watch
oculus rift
>>
File: 1422237390226.jpg (275 KB, 2648x474) Image search: [Google]
1422237390226.jpg
275 KB, 2648x474
>>62712838
>wil wheaton
>felicia day

woo pal
>>
I cant remember a huge kickstarter that has ever delivered
>>
>>62706465
Joel isn't that great of a comedian; the highlight of his career on the SoL was Mike's writing. The RiffTrax crew was the real talent in MST3K. Cinematic Titanic was painfully mediocre. Without Mike, I don't see this being any good
>>
>>62713849
It was the perfect weekend show, you slept in today, it's now 11:00, you're flipping channels and you settle on a dopey B-Movie which is being mocked by a guy and two puppets.

I'm assuming you're either really young or maybe foreigner but you gotta remember in the 90s we didn't have cell phones and most computers were shit, you used to watch anything that appeared on the TV and MST3K was that ANYTHING for most of us.

It's honestly not a stellar show, the fun was just watching how stupid the B-Movie could get. It's fun. Go watch the episodes The Final Sacrifice or Mitchell if you want to get the appeal.
>>
New Entertainment Weekly already spoiled the cast:
Felicia Day - Mad
Jonah Ray - captive
Baron Vaughn - Tom Servo
Hampton Yount- Crow T Robot
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1136x640
Hey guys, make sure to tweet Joel to get me on MST3K!
>>
I love Felicia Day and hope all of this is true. I don't have any "insider knowledge" because my dad doesn't work for Nintendo but she has been unusually quiet about upcoming projects since her book tour ended
>>
>>62717047
Who the fuck are you
>>
File: 6585879_orig.jpg (233 KB, 860x493) Image search: [Google]
6585879_orig.jpg
233 KB, 860x493
>>62706492
Wakfu Blu-Rays and that feels-laden Carol Spinney documentary prove otherwise.
>>
Nostalgia Trap: The Kickstarter

He's going to "remake" it, it'll suck, and it'll probably lessen the experience when you rewatch the old stuff. I didn't grow up on this show and I probably wouldn't like it if I watched it now because it's most likely dated and it seems like one of those "you had to have been there" types of shows. AKA a show that survives on nostalgia alone.
>>
>>62706492
Cards Against Humanity
>>
>>62719205
"You had to be there" isn't about nostalgia alone. Like this guy said:
>>62714982
It's from another time when entertainment wasn't at our fingertips and our idle hours weren't filled by shitposting. MST3K was filler, which on occassion delivered a great episode or just a funny moment. It doesn't work in today's world.
>>
>>62719566

Get out.
>>
>>62718936

Greasy manchild.
>>
>>62706793
In the not too distant future
Next Sunday AD
Some desperate has-been Joel
Was begging for your money
>>
>>62712838
>>62712856
>>62712881
>>62712895

kek great job with the "insider info" that lines up perfectly and pander to the narrative /tv/ has constructed about Day, Wheton, SJWs and Hollywood on the whole
>>
>>62719732
Flustered, friendo?
>>
File: 11199450_.jpg (71 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
11199450_.jpg
71 KB, 1080x1080
>>62717255
>>
>>62719870
>it won't lick itself
>>
File: wilwheaton.jpg (82 KB, 326x326) Image search: [Google]
wilwheaton.jpg
82 KB, 326x326
>>62720894

>P-please Felicia, I'm g-getting cobwebs in my mouth
>>
>>62720894
>>62719870
Post the one of Maggie from TWD
>>
>>62710966
>Now watch as the Kickstarter is drained from its funds with people asking their money back
>>
File: 1397224537873.jpg (301 KB, 1914x1077) Image search: [Google]
1397224537873.jpg
301 KB, 1914x1077
>>62708007
>Turns out it's actually Felicia Day and Chris Hardwick
>>
>>62721991
Nigga people paid $1.4 million for Felicia's "make Wil Wheaton play DND on a porn couch" kickstarter
>>
>>62722261
And still she's a glorified booth babe.
>>
Remember watching it as a kid (on PBS I think). The movies themselves were great, and I like the *idea* of a show where they riff on bad movies, but I really never found the commentary funny. Am I alone?
>>
File: av64jwejmr2qnkz3a8jg.jpg (41 KB, 450x432) Image search: [Google]
av64jwejmr2qnkz3a8jg.jpg
41 KB, 450x432
>>62706465
>>62706465

BRING BACK JOE BOB BRIGGS!
>>
File: 1443566038452.jpg (60 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1443566038452.jpg
60 KB, 706x706
>>62707917
KILL URSELF JOEL
>>
Jim Mallon is not involved with this project. This would never have been attempted with Jim Mallon's involvement because Jim Mallon is kind of an asshole.
>>
>>62721928

THIS.
>>
>>62709936
From what little ive seen of Rifftrax they use memes way too much to actually be funny.

>I can haz wizard?
>>
File: $_57e.jpg (39 KB, 615x396) Image search: [Google]
$_57e.jpg
39 KB, 615x396
>>62723879
He should have never been taken off the air in the first place. He got canned just cause the new boss was a female and hated his manly points of views.
>>
STOP! STOP TALKING ABOUT FELICIA DAY! I'll fucking kill myself if she has any involvement with MST3K.
>>
>>62706465
haven't you shitheads learned anything from mighty number 9?
>>
>>62706704
I am not giving a fucking dime at all if this even is a possibility.
>>
>>62724840
I'm sure your boycott will hurt them badly compared to the millions from her inbuilt fan base
>>
>>62706492
>>62707618
Blue Ruin is great.

But to be fair, the kickstarter was only about 30k. And that was just for some post work on the already filmed movie.
Props to the filmmaker and his wife for putting their own money into the movie.
>>
>>62724548
Go ahead shitlord
>>
>>62716496
It just can't work without the Bots.
>>
>>62706465
Felicia Day as a Mad sounds like shit, but can anyone explain /tv/'s hateboner for her?
>>
>>62725404
Women aren't allowed to play video games under Shareeeeeeeeah Law
>>
>>62725404
She is a failed actress who pretends to be a nerd and who post shit like how she had a PTSD attack seeing two nerds on the streer wearing video game walk past her, minding their own business
>>
>>62706492

You seem to be forgetting the ATOP THE 4TH WALL MOVIE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxxsVi3aWU
>>
File: 1442894374027.png (178 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
1442894374027.png
178 KB, 424x318
TBQH I can't support this shit because Felicia Day is guaranteed to ruin it. I'll illegally download it though.
>>
>>62726915
I completely forgot about the fact that he plays most of the characters in his show.
>>
>>62710444
>joel touching "Un Reptil"

it's all over
>>
>>62716496
Link or STFU
>>
>>62712838
>>62712856
>>62712881
the new host has a male voice lol
>>
>>62723998
Did anyone watch Mallon's animated Bots shorts? I heard they were awful.
>>
>>62713668
mtv actually has a back catalog of films to plunder (MTV FILMS).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Films

which, would be actually a very fucking good list of films to mst3k

honestly no joel or mike hosting? this can just fuck right off.
>>
>>62706465
you know what i'd like to see?

mike and joel stuck on the SOL doing the odd couple routine. 'this is my show' 'no, this is my show'.

it would be hilarious.

well, as hilarious as "on cinema at the cinema" is with tim and whats his face.
>>
>>62706465

It had a good run and it should stay dead. Rifftrax is already unbearable enough.

Joel should just do something new or get a real job.
>>
>>62706492
you only say this because the only kickstarters you pay attenton to are video games and ones centered around your own bubbles of interest

there are shittons of kickstarters you never paid attention to that delivered their promises fine
>>
why the metric fuck does a show about commentating on shitty movies need 2 million dollars
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.