[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are none of you talking about this show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: WBOBDAVID_VerticalKeyArt_Final.jpg (412 KB, 1000x1482) Image search: [Google]
WBOBDAVID_VerticalKeyArt_Final.jpg
412 KB, 1000x1482
Why are none of you talking about this show?
>>
>>62706412
Because everyone here is 15 years old
>>
File: 645.jpg (28 KB, 350x392) Image search: [Google]
645.jpg
28 KB, 350x392
>4 episodes
>>
>>62706449
They were given money to do an hour special but did a 4 episode series with a behind the scenes added. Hopefully they do a full 12 episode season
>>
is it good?
>>
>>62706980
It's hit or miss. The hits are great, but the misses feel very "dated 90s sketch comedy" in the worst possible way.
>>
I wish I could still enjoy David cross
>>
>>62707171

It's his fault anon, not yours. He seems to go out of his way to be as alienating and unlikable as possible as he gets older.
>>
It's funny how their expressions are the opposite of what they're actually like in real life.

David Cross is a cunt.
>>
>>62707211
As long as he gets directed by others, he's OK.
It's when he get free reign that it becomes pure shit.
>>
I liked the bit about Hitler in Heaven and the whitewashed slavery movie sketch. The cop one with Key was alright too. Every other sketch kinda sucked.
>>
>>62707243
Cross is only tolerable when he's Tobias. Which is also his exact opposite.
>>
>>62707031

Mr Show was hit or miss, too. Virtually all sketch comedy is. They're especially vulnerable to it because they eschew catchphrases and recurring characters. The Fast Show was pretty damn consistent but holy fuck it's unwatchable now.

>you ain't seen me... right?
>ooh! suits you,sir!
>brilliant!
>this week, I 'aaave been mostly eating [LOLSORANDUM]

The Ted sketches are the only thing that hold up.

This has been better than I expected, given how long they've been apart and how long ago their heyday was. Agree that the less effective parts show their age, though. The time capsule thing was very KITH/SCTV.
>>
Something interesting that has no bearing on anything is you can really see where Bob's career has gone in the last decade. There's nothing even comic in his performance in that Roots / 12 Years a Slave sketch, it's just fucking fantastic acting.
>>
>>62707365

This. I wasn't mad about BCS but I have mad respect for Odenkirk's range and speed in shifting gears. From dead-straight to pure slapstick in nothing flat, pretty amazing.
>>
Does Aukerman make an appearance? I just watched episode 1 and saw PFT quite a bit.
>>
>>62707537
Several appearances.
>>
Cyriak made the intro and music too, pretty neat. I hope they can use him more.
>>
>>62707537

The reason it's only four episodes is how busy they all are now and you can really tell. Tomcat particularly just pops in and out.
>>
>>62707656
I really hate the intro.
>>
>>62707833

Me too. It's really Tim & Eric / Adult Swimmy and there's something really sad and pathetic about old timers coming back and aping the style of the people they influenced.
>>
>>62707889
Cyriak has been doing it since the 90's and the style is the same. Terry gilliam is another one with similar style. Adult swims humour is referencing old stuff, so I don't really think that criticism holds up
>>62707833
okay
>>
>>62706412
10/10 show 3:17 GOAT
>>
Oh fuck yes. I'll have to watch this when I get home from work
>>
>>62708131
nevermind, not on Canadashit netflix
>>
>>62708179

Can you even get it on your comp? Why the f do Netflix do this shit, it's a fucking Netflix original, there surely can't be any rights conflicts.
>>
I can't talk about it because i can't find it anywhere yet.

I liked Mr. Show, so i think i'll enjoy this.
>>
>>62708422
it's on netflix.
>>
>>62707324
Mr. Show was way more hit than miss, at least compared to any other sketch show I've seen. The last 2 seasons were worse though. I'm a pessimist but I don't expect it to match up.
>>
It was .. meh. A lot of it is rough.
>>
>>62709683
What were you watching? Show has to be one of if not the most consistently funny sketch show in existence.
>>
>>62707537
Aukerman appears in a couple skits and is interviewed in the BTS.

PFT was mostly crowd work for the live show, but also has a few skits he is on as well.
>>
Pay for a Netflix subscription you fucking idiots.

Not quoting your posts to give you upvotes but you know the fuck whom you are.
>>
I battled through 2 episodes and dropped it. And I love Mr. Show.
>>
>>62707427
It's so nice to see furious Odenkirk again, he was great in BrBa and Fargo but never really went as ballistic as he did in Mr. Show.
>>
>>62706449
i think the first season of mr show was four or five eps with a clip show, but yeah, i just literally marathoned the whole thing one sitting
>>
>>62707833
i miss the mr show theme more than i hate the intro
>>
File: undercover-buscemi.png (172 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
undercover-buscemi.png
172 KB, 500x285
>>62706425
>>
>Be psychedelic enthusiast.
>Have to quit.
>See opening segment.
>Demand protection from kike Jesus.

Other than that it's been absolutely brilliant.
>>
Can one of you based guys take it from netflix and transcribe it word for word so I can enjoy the humour because Im not going to sign up for netflix for 3 hours of comedy?
>>
>>62714036
just use someone's log in and password. they want people to be able to log in and enjoy shit at their friends houses or if they're traveling so they literally don't care if they log in is from some other area code. (as far as i know. feel free to call me a faggot if i'm wrong)
>>
>>62714036
Despite the /pol/ shillery, they do take a [slight] shit on liberal legislators.
>>
File: 1381578125348.jpg (58 KB, 273x448) Image search: [Google]
1381578125348.jpg
58 KB, 273x448
>laugh track

Fucking why?
>>
These guys have never been funny and anything they were involved with on Tim & Eric was terribly unfunny
>>
>>62714303
Run Ronnie Run was pretty funny.

Tim & Eric anything is garbage. Just plain garbage.
>>
3 > 1 = 4 > 2
>>
>>62714611
24 > *
>>
Seems so cheap and none of the sketches feel fleshed out. What made the show so bizarre and off kilter in the 90s.now comes off as by the numbers. As if it's an homage to itself.
>>
>>62714672
Bob has always been adamant and angrily obsessed with cheap humour being good enough or better. He explains it saying that SNL is a piece of shit despite a huge budget but poor crappy old sets and making do with what youve got made Monty Python hilarious.

I agree with him for the most part. Theres barely any if any SNL sketches that got improved by a huge production, maybe some digital shorts?

>tfw nobody has torrented this show
>why live
>>
>>62707324

>Fast Show
>Unwatchable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj84tfS7ag4
baka
>>
>watching episode 4
>fucking lou from madmen comes on screen
>>
>>62708229
Just got home. Still not there.
FUCK the CRTC.
>>
>>62715681
;_;
>>
File: oil.png (17 KB, 429x411) Image search: [Google]
oil.png
17 KB, 429x411
>>62716951
Are you also in this shit country?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.