[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate this movie so much? I watched it last night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 300x444
Why do people hate this movie so much?

I watched it last night and I thought it was pretty neat. People talk like it's on the same level as Batman & Robin or X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I guess I can understand people being annoyed by the fact that Lex pretty much uses the same plan that he did in the 1978 film, but I actually kind of liked that. He tried the same plan over again, but with a few tweaks to make sure Superman can't stop it like he did last time. That's smart. That's a very "Lex Luthor" thing to do.
>>
Baby Mama Drama... bad pacing... subpar visual effects... I mean, this isn't like assembling a detonator. Its faults are fairly straightforward.
>>
I'm with OP

I actually watched it yesterday also, kept me entertained and interested. They did some good things with the characters.
>>
>>62698852
What's inherently wrong with baby mama drama?

I didn't notice any bad pacing. Care to give examples?

Visual effects? Really? This wasn't exactly an action movie. It had some minor action in it, but it was more of a drama with Superman in it. Maybe that's what actually pissed everyone off. Maybe they were all hoping it would be mindless action schlock.
>>
>X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
is there a reason this movie is considered bad?

it's not even half as bad as The Wolverine
>>
>>62698935
>Terrible actors(specifically Taylor Kitsch and Will I. Am)
>The bathroom scene
>That retarded fight scene between Wolverine and Gambit
>The absolute worst interpretation of Deadpool in the history of Marvel
>Laughably bad visual effects
>Adamantium bullet = tool specifically for giving Wolverine amnesia

It's much worse than The Wolverine. The Wolverine was decent up until the very end when Silver Samurai shows up for no reason.
>>
>>62699153
Fuck off, The Wolverine is undoubtedly worse, not even going to argue about it.
>>
>>62698783

Lois Lane looks like she is 19

Superman bails on Earth with no warning.

SUPERBABY!!!

Corny Lex Luthor.

Superman has no relationship with his own kid, and he is the result of two amazing fathers.

Just "sucks it up" and throws Kryptonite island into the sun.

It did have some good parts, but picking up from the old Reeve movies was not great.
>>
>>62699205
You're not going to argue it because you have no argument to make. You can't even explain what's wrong with The Wolverine.
>>
>>62699296

This guy pretty much summed it up for you OP. Not only is it a terrible representation of Superman that gets far more less hate on it than MoS, it's also a terrible movie in it's own right.

The plane scene was the only good thing about that movie, and even then it's intercut with Kate Bosworth's horrible acting.

They also wasted a great Lex Luthor for some more real estate scamming.
>>
>>62699336
>a great Lex Luthor
closeted Kevin Spacey mincing around and marrying old women for their money is NOT Lex Luthor.

not to mention the ridiculous shit with 'deadbead dad superman.'

ELEKTRA is a better superhero flick than this.
>>
>>62699336
>Nitpicked a few plot points
>"This guy pretty much summed it up"
Seriously? No wonder nobody takes /tv/ seriously. You morons don't even understand your own medium.
>>
>>62698783
>Why do people hate this movie so much?
Maybe it's because the movie feature a man in brightly colored spandex and a red cape who can literally fly.
>>
>>62698783
i remember the audio being fucked. i tried watching 2 torrents and then again with the legit dvd and couldn't hear shit on any of them.
>>
>>62699368

You must've missed the part where I said the actor was the part they wasted in return for more shitty money schemes. Learn to read.

>>62699370

Great reply, retard.

>Nitpicking plot points

Superman wouldn't ever leave Earth for that amount of time. It goes against everything that the character stands for. Barely a "nitpick."

He also had a child out of wedlock and lets another man raise him for failed dramatic effect.

You're an idiot.
>>
I don't hate it, but it's not particularly good. Brandon Routh is good, I like him as an actor, but his Superman isn't written in a very interesting way. Spacey as Lex is great but he didn't have much to work with.
>>
Brandon Routh >>>>>>>>>>> Henry Bad Teeth Cavill
>>
>>62699426
>It goes against everything that the character stands for

How so?
>>
>>62699426

Superman didn't know he had a kid until he came back to Earth, so it's not like he intentionally abandoned his son. But he reaffirmed he'd be there watching out for him from afar with the Marlon Brando speech at the end. Also while I will agree he should've told Lois he was leaving for five years, he didn't need to tell everybody. Then criminals would know it's free for all time with Superman AWOL. Also he HAD to leave, he needed to confirm the death of Krypton, search for survivors of his race and try and learn more about who he is. He's more or less coming to terms that he's alone in the universe now and the fortress of solitude is all that's left to link him to krypton. Also Kevin Spacey killed it as Lex.
>>
>>62699516

I think it's terrible they didn't ask him back for man of steel when he said he wanted to. That's pretty low, dude isn't doing anything else and he was a great superman.
>>
>>62699616

Superman considers himself more human than alien. His interest in leaving Earth behind while crime and major catastrophes are happening for years is ridiculous. It would never happen and I don't even know how that part of the plot got approved.

>>62699635

I just think that's all silly. Why would the audience be happy for the idea that another man stole Superman's woman? And she's still in love with him even after he leaves Earth?

It's absolutely horrible writing and it feels like a soap opera. I'm amazed this movie get's less hate than Man of Steel.
>>
/co/ wont like anything unless its super doomsday man fighting the concept of evil in robot form from alternative universe 69
>>
>>62699670
>I'm amazed this movie get's less hate than Man of Steel

I really am too. Combine Singer's love for the material with Snyder's action scenes and you'd have a perfect Superman movie.
>>
>>62699755

Singer probably would have done a better movie if he didn't ride the coat tail of Reeve and Donner.

Superman Returns is garbage.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.