[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peep Show S09E01
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 13
File: peep-show.jpg (72 KB, 665x375) Image search: [Google]
peep-show.jpg
72 KB, 665x375
Can we discuss how bad the newest episode was. It's like they aren't even trying anymore.
>>
It wasn't that bad.
>>
I thought it was pretty good, but it did suffer from just being an episode to set up the rest of the series.

Hopefully it'll be back on form for the next episode.
>>
I'd like to know which parts you found funny because I didn't laugh once.
>>
>>62697212
The only good bits were "see you at work tomorrow" and when Jez got Mark a cookie/biscuit

Everything else was just terrible

>Sober Hans
wonder how long it took to come up with that ingenious pun

>Hans' "degenerate" stag do
Really disappointing, it left it all to the imagination and there was no real climax other than Jeremy having to take the wrap for the coke

>Mark and Jeremy plotting to kill the other guy
I dunno what they were trying to do here but the voices were just cringeworthy (and not in a funny way)

>bagging
haha didn't realise we were watching the big bang theory. This could have worked if Jerry escaped and there was a big anti-climax, but as it was it was too far-fetched to be funny

I can't even remember any of the other shit that happened
>>
But it was good
>>
>>62697212

Superhans and Jeremy lying about being a coke addict were the only parts to make me laugh, pretty boring outside of that, I'm hoping things are better next episode.
>>
it was horrendous, didn't feel like peep show
>>
File: 1427222801804.jpg (27 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1427222801804.jpg
27 KB, 447x444
>>62698351
>>
It was nice to see them all, but it was a very flat episode. I felt like there weren't any sharp jokes or feels.
>>
>>62698850

Well well well Americlap is the one complaining
>>
I laughed at the waterboarding and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>62698164
Let's play capitalism
>>
File: 1344973472579.png (1 MB, 1707x963) Image search: [Google]
1344973472579.png
1 MB, 1707x963
I laughed heartily.

Go fuck yourself OP.
>>
It was okay, series 8 was already a low point
>>
I enjoyed it but it may just be the English accents making it seem more clever then it is
>>
pretty good, not the best but had good jokes in there >>62699890
>>62699885
>>
Fuck, can't watch it on 4od cause all the browser proxies are botnet now. Where can I see this shit
>>
>>62700235
youtube
>>
>>62697212
It was dire. Again, I didn't laugh once, not even a smile. Nothing was remotely funny.

Let me go through and explain everything.

Super Hans as a character has been ruined. What were they thinking giving him all those mediocre and uninteresting lines?

Alan Johnson, made a few dick and shit references. Not funny at all.

The pace is too fucking fast. There are no longer any nice pauses or suspense. It is constant talking.

The guy who moved in with mark and was removed in a sleeping bag. An annoying hipster twat. Why was he put there? What was the purpose? I cannot stand him so I am scared he will come back later. Should not be on tv.

The use of black characters. It seems they have only done this for sme diversity quota. The first series had no black people. Then there was Johnson. Now there were 3 black people in one episode. Superhans has a black girlfriend. Sure it is very PC but it is simply not convincing.

BUT I am giving it the benefit of the doubt - it is the first one in 3 years. I am taking it as a warm up. Perhaps it will get better in the next few series.
>>
>>62700357
Episodes*
>>
>>62700357
can't tell if bait or not
if you're serious you probably should consider some form of suicide
>>
>>62700440
Why would it be bait? Did you even watch it?
>>
>>62700477
did you?
how was the guy living with mark a hipster?
also
>muh pure white race
>>
>>62700357
>The first series had no black people.
Johnson appeared in episode 3
>>
>>62700254
nvm, found it on pb
>>
>>
Pacing in first half was shocking and content didn't make up for it, second half was better but for all it did right in terms of setting up the jokes it fell flat in the climaxes, nothing that cringey or what you'd expect. They really beat the 'Hans likes talking about juice' into you heavy, idk it was a nice start and they had a lot to get through, in just hoping that it picks up from here. The moment the neighbour saw the whole kidnapping, I was hoping for the cringe but it never happened
>>
>>62700591
Wasn't she a hottie just recently?
>>
>>62700593
My thoughts precisely. I do hope it picks up, and the fact it is the first in 3 years means I am not expecting much from the first episode.
>>
>>62700565
never said you were white buddy, but your only argument against the black characters is the fact that they're there, how is Hans having a black gf wierd?
mark's roommate's purpose is pretty clear: he gives jez and mark a physical obstacle so that they can work out their relational obstacle
>>
>>62700591
It has a family? Ugh, I hope they all burn in a car fire.
>>
>>62700200
agreed t b h f a m
>>
>>62700519
he's a pseudo intellectual with facial hair ... hipster
>>
>>62700357
>Now there were 3 black people in one episode

Really? I didn't notice.
>>
>>62700591
cracking tits though
>>
>>62700591
Oh jesus... she used to be >HIGH TEST, now she's just a seal :(
>>
>>62700746
first off, hans was never written as someone who avoids black people, i don't know where you're getting that
but let's suppose you're right and he was, the fact that he's cleaned up his act would imply some pretty important changes in his lifestyle, which would only justify his gf being someone he would never have associated with before, still assuming your statement about him has anything to back it up
>>
>>62700901
Watch less television, it has successfully brainwashed you
>>
What shows do Brits watch?
>>
>>62700918
damn
>>
>>62700949
Yeah... cause, I mean, you never see black people in London in real life!
>>
>>62700954
coronation street
>>
it was just... eh

nothing special, but it used up 22 odd minutes fairly painlessly
>>
>>62700357
Hans has had German and Asian girlfriends so it's not that big of a stretch.
>>
>>62701023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urPq6PVa3-o
>>
File: bane].gif (2 MB, 371x500) Image search: [Google]
bane].gif
2 MB, 371x500
>>62700357

This is a pretty dumb post.

Armstrong and Bain are notorious lefties, so you should expect a fair bit of diversity, especially in the current political climate. It doesn't mean you have to make a point of not enjoying the show because of it. They rarely let their agenda seep into the actual comedy of the show, and this episode had several good jokes.

Besides, Hans is a turbo-degenerate. If people are basing their life decisions upon his behavior, they're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>62700954

Absolute shit. We are a nation of plebs. Our biggest TV shows are soap operas and reality shows.
The UK is a population of people that don't like to think, basically.
>>
>>62701058
True. Overall it did not prevent me from enjoying the show, it was just one small odd element. The peak of this was when Hans was explaining to his girlfriend, a scene I did not enjoy.

Perhaps they could have introduced her better then it would not have come across as a character simply to fill a quota.
>>
Hans wanting to see the Zoella waxwork made me chuckle but that was about it.
>>
>>62700357

Hans will fuck anything that moves.
Plus, his new ideals at the start seem to point to him being aligned with new-age hipster trash. So, in turn, that would mean his fiance was probably the one pushing that lifestyle on him. You weren't supposed to think Hans' partner was a good person.
She's shown to be a fucking moron too, after the whole badly acted cocaine lie between Jez and Hans.
>>
>>62701101
All of this sounds so familiar...
>>
it was shit, but its the last series i dont think thier going for good writing just getting it done so they they move on.

only hope is they make it episodic and dont bring back shit characters.
>>
>>62701304
dobby will be in next weeks episode. jez will have his dick in the dobs by the end of the show.
>>
I really liked it, it was just an episode to clean up loose ends and get things back to 'normal'
>>
>>62697212

It was just a filler episode to explain how Jeremy lives with Mark again.
>>
>>62701384
This isn't an american sitcom, we can't afford filler with only 6 eps per series.
>>
>>62700954
right now I watch (not counting streaming and American stuff)
Peep show
Dr Who (Its shit but traditional)
Last Kingdom
Detectorists
>>
>>62700954
i havent watch brit shows in years apart from peepshow desu. i gave up on british TV

maybe

>mock the week
>have i got news for you

if im feeling like i need to keep up with stuff.
>>
>>62701434

Well how else do you get Jeremy moving in with Mark again in less than 30 minutes?
>>
>>62700954

Mainly American shows, for me. We don't make any decent tv.

Luther was pretty good I guess.
State of Play, was a little drama that got adapted into an american movie a few years ago, with Russel Crowe.

We don't make any decent, long running television though.

For 80% of brits, the height of drama is Coronation Street or Eastenders.
>>
>>62700892
>>62700892
The term 'hipster' was brought back because the media was denoting the older celebrities who were appealing to millennials, and was more about marketing fashion and snuffing out the indie culture that preferred cheaply made music, beer, clothes from the thrift shop, and not buying brands. Basically MOST of the hipster phenomenon was a giant scam to make indie kids look foolish and to sucker millennials into buying chunky glasses and getting stupid haircuts.

Beyond that, the young white trust fund kids getting into college in the late aughts didn't have the greek system anymore (most of em were shut down) so they transformed the manufactured counterculture into a racist/misogynist self righteous hypocritical movement where they could pretend not to be jocks and alpha house bros but were actually far worse with their exclusion of minorities (speaking for them) and corralling the girls with mindfuck and 'progressive' bullshit about open relationships. The big thing about these bros pretending not to be rich trust fund kids who were trying to get laid, though, is that it quickly stratified the culture and created a hierarchy of 'hip' as an excuse to condemn poor people and minorities (constantly changing ins and outs is expensive, and alienating different cultures by ironically appropriating their clothes and styles).

I've noticed the younger millennials are opting out of this shit, becoming 'hoodies' instead. It's only a matter of time before that gets media attention.
>>
>>62701556
why even have him move out?
>>
>>62701603
Damn you really went hard on the bullshit there
>>
>>62701662

Can't even remember, I've watched all the seasons. Last one I clearly remember was Mark's wedding. The other ones are a blur to me.

>Dobby going to new york

wat
>>
The producers said that continuing peep show would be too sad with them both cohabiting in their 40s. Way to uphold that notion with the whole Jeremy living in a bathtub scene.

>>62701556
If I remember correctly it ended with them arguing in a park and Dobbie leaving. Weren't they still living together? Could have picked it up quite easily.
>>
>Additional material by David Mitchell and Robert Webb

is it possible Armstrong and Bain are hacks and that Michell and Webb simply stopped giving a fuck enough to tell these two cucKs when their writing is dogshit?
>>
>>62699871
>if you use a reaction image form the american office you must be american
just how fucking dense are you. kys
>>
>>62701866
that's exactly what it means t.b.h. senpai
>>
>>62700591

So that's the Jew sea cow he married
>>
I thought it was great

Not season 1 tier but completely on par with S7-8
>>
>>62701957
>mfw im not american
>>
Just rewatched it. It doesn't seem as bad as I initially thought.
>>
remember when they had the pizza put through the letterbox ha ha
>>
File: 493802311.jpg (17 KB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
493802311.jpg
17 KB, 450x248
>Mistakes Marks sales report for a HD image of dog shit

Based Johnson strikes again.
>>
the ep was good. it didn't feel like 20min more like 8min so there's that. i loved it.
>>
but im interested how they are going to split up sort of way. who will get the happy ending or nether?
>>
>>62698164
I liked all the parts with Mark suffering amongst his boring flatmate.
>>
>>62702369
>something can't be funny unless its droll and cringe inducing
>>
>>62702683
They always talk about how "they won't kill them off" leaving it open for a future series or spin off. This makes me think it will not end on a positive note for either of them.
>>
>>62702725
actually I like that. just not leave it to a cliffhangery stuff. I want to have a real ending. as long as they don't kill them im fine with the comeback in 20 years even with a real end.
>>
>>62702802
>>62702683

>Something happens to Mark and Jeremy where they need to go into hiding(Jeremy's fault, maybe he overhears Johnson doing something illegal and tells Mark who is unfortunately roped into it with him), the last scenes are POVs from everyone else who have been fucked over by Mark and Jeremy's actions somehow who have now completely vanished.
>>
Season 7 was the last good season and even that one was week compared to the previous seasons. Just compare an episode like the Christmas one to the latest episode and its like night and day. It's like they aren't even the same characters anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wz21zKcmpQ
>>
>>62703066
people change.
>>
WARNING: UNPOPULAR OPINION

Series 7 is best series.
>>
>>62703207
It's like they are different actors who watched the show and then were told to play the characters and fail miserably or it's like when the US tried to remake it sucked.
>>
I was utterly twatted on nitrous oxide when I watched it, so I'm not really sure how good it was.
>>
I went back and watched some old episodes and realised it was never funny and I grew up.
>>
File: 1403270543896.gif (2 MB, 347x222) Image search: [Google]
1403270543896.gif
2 MB, 347x222
>britbongs in charge of laughing
USA here and the episode was FUCKING great yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw
>>
Yank here, haven't seen the episode yet, but which of the cast are going to be in this series? Mark, Jez, Johnson, Hans.... and are Suze or Sophie or Jeff or Dobby in it? I guess they don't have time to bring back someone like Nancy. I wouldn't even introduce any new characters what with only 6 eps left, just focus on wrapping things up.
>>
>>62703066
>3:35
fucking love this show

i don't think this episode was that bad for a premiere. playing for endgame now, so they could be setting up some fun
>>
>>62701840

They probably improv some stuff
>>
>>62703468
first 4 are in
no suze, sophie, or jeff yet

dobby sounds like she definitely won't based on a line of dialogue.

just watch the episode?
>>
>>62701840
Mitchell and Webb didn't create the show though. Armstrong and Bain are credited as writers on almost every episode Wikipedia has writer credits for
>>
>>62703468

How is anyone supposed to know? It hasn't aired yet. There are some teases in the trailer.
>>
>>62703281
>>62703318
I sort of agree with both. The latest episode struck me as incredibly childish. I think it was the most childish one yet, the whole sleeping bag thing really was too much.

Mark has changed, he is completely different. He has lost all the elements, the little expressions, and the character. It doesn't feel like Mark any more. Even when he got angry and pissed off it seemed fake, over exaggerated, when before he had it perfect. Also he seems to walk like a 90 year old man now.
>>
>>62703607
im think they write 5 episodes per season, and then there is another dude that writes the sixth
>>
>>62703611
This thread is about a new episode that aired...?

I was just wondering what the set-up is for the last series. I always thought new Peep Show series' were jarring at first, like suddenly Big Suze is there and the show acting like she's always been there.
>>
File: victoria-coren-tv-1366708482.jpg (665 KB, 1440x2192) Image search: [Google]
victoria-coren-tv-1366708482.jpg
665 KB, 1440x2192
>>62700591
How do you go from this to that?

Time is a cruel thing...
>>
>>62703731
pregnancy does that to women
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>62703318
>>
>>62703731
Living with Mark Corrigan.
Good thing Dobbie went to New York desu senpai
>>
>>62703730
Yes a bunch of stuff has changed, with random new characters and Mark and Jeremy not even sharing the same flat to start with. I hope it settles down and this is a good series, this episode was not great.
>>
>>62700591
JUST
>>
File: 1447263025392.jpg (34 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1447263025392.jpg
34 KB, 600x450
>>62700591
>>62703731
JUST
>>
>lets ruin super hans character by making him sober
>>
>>62700591
How disgusting
>>
>>62703984
he didnt stay sober for long though
>>
>>62704029
I miss crack pipe Hans
>>
>>62704029
I'm suspecting the series finale is all about Hans' wedding getting entirely degenerate thanks to Mark and Jeremy's bad influence
>>
>>62704029
They've done it multiple times.

Threatening mark with wood for crack.
The wellness centre -orgones
>>
>>62700357
>>62701020
>>62701255
Yeah basically a crackhead like Hans having a black girlfriend is actually ANTI-racemixing
>>
>>62704578
true that
>>
WE JUST WANT TO SUCK AND FUCK
SUCK AND FUCK
SUCK AND FUCK

EVERYBODY!
>>
>>62701446
>(Its shit but traditional)
like cauliflower
>>
>>62705690

It's not a tradition!

Merry Chrismark everyone.
>>
File: 1446934974345.png (73 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1446934974345.png
73 KB, 454x453
I miss when Peep Show tried to be realistic, all the characters just felt like dumb gullible cartoons for the sake of cheap contrived situations

still better than season 8 so far
>>
>>62706076
show literally hasn't changed stupid frogposter. watch the pilot again
>>
File: so thats why it went wrong.jpg (221 KB, 966x1280) Image search: [Google]
so thats why it went wrong.jpg
221 KB, 966x1280
>>62706076
>>
>>62707281
>cherry
>picking
>>
Who had the better paintball episode, Spaced or Peep Show?
>>
https://a.pomf.cat/dskkau.webm
>>
>>62697212
It seemed as unfunny as every other episode I've seen.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcJjEzAXLn0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI2WUzAe6qQ
>>
>>62708434
peep show dude wtf why would you even ask
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.