[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CIA assets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 619x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 619x411
I really don't understand how CIA can control these agents around world when the only way to contact them is for to let the agents come to them to ask for instructions.
>>
> when the only way to contact them is to let the agents come to them to ask for instructions.
>>
>>62693833

Are you retarded?
>>
A better question is how do they control them at all.

I can't think of any reason to work for CIA except for money.
>>
>>62694058

Are you retarded?
>>
>>62694058
Why ...
>>
I apologize if my posts offend people.

I am just curious how do the governments control agents like James Bond, Ethan Hunt, Jason Bourne etc and keep them from becoming rogues.
>>
>>62694745

All of these movies literally show how shitty it is to go rogue
>>
>>62694745
Why don't produce managers go rogue at the A & P?

Chucking fruit and shit at customers and running naked in the aisles?
>>
>>62694011
> when the only way to contact them is to let the agents come to them to ask for instructions.

I think Ethan Hunt can choose not to accept the mission. So the IMF relation with CIA is more like that of a freelancer with a firm.
>>
>>62694897
>You mission, if you choose to accept it
>>
>how do the governments control agents like

James Bond has to punch cards at MI6
Jason Bourne is programmed

Ethan Hunt is bonded by nothing but loyalty for the country
>>
>>62694983
Who is going to do the job if Ethan choose not to accept it?
>>
>>62695158
Another IMF team?
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>62693833
>>
>>62694897
The heads of each team have handlers that contact them from jobs. The problem is every mission impossible movie starts with Ethan having to go to ground.
>>
Its work pretty much like the Arabe agent in Jason Bourne if i recall.
They are just standing by , waiting for orders.
>>
>>62695443
That Arab guy just live weeks in a hotel room with his bomb. Always ready to strike. Always waiting for a call from CIA.

And there are other "assets" in other cities. Doing nothing but waiting.
>>
>>62695143
this
/thread
>>
>>62695648
>Doing nothing but waiting.
That's pretty much the main job of an asset.
All these movies about secret agent are for most complete bullshit.
>>
>>62694745
probably because the CIA would kill you. I think that stops most people.
>>
What are some good spy/cia movies?
>>
>>62694058
There's something called the MICE theory of why people are involved in espionage

Money
Ideology
Coercion
Ego

of those, I believe ego has been shown to be the biggest motivator. Never forget that even the shadow-men who secretly call the shots behind the scene in this word are just people, and love feeling sexy and mysterious and cool as much as the next man.
>>
>>62696265
TDKR
>>
>>62696311
*m'ladys internally
>>
>>62696233
Doesn't that take another team to hunt the rogue? Then who is there to hunt this another team?...
>>
File: tinker.jpg (25 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
tinker.jpg
25 KB, 214x317
>>62696265

only spy movie you'll need
>>
>>62694745
If you watch enough spy movies and stop asking retarded questions, maybe you can learn how to shitpost properly
>>
>>62696311
>Never forget that even the shadow-men who secretly call the shots behind the scene in this world are just people

In movie world you can have non humans to be agents.

This always interests me why they sometimes make movies about non human spies
>>
>>62694058
For most people money is the only valuable thing in this society and they aren't that far from truth.
Why money has no value for you is beyond me though. You must be living in a pretty luxurious conditions your whole life.
>>
Is James Bond well paid?
>>
>>62696311
>>62696364
I didn't read that about special operatives but about corruption in general.
It's often easier to get one to take your side against his other interests by rubbing his ego than by offering him money or women.

I had some agents coming to my engineering courses to present internships. It was more lab drone than le gentleman assassin stuff but I was surprised seeing somewhat intelligent people fall for the obvious pseudo-motivational boost that was thrown at us..
>>
>>62696370
Why would you need someone to hunt this "another team". They didn't go rogue, but if they did I'm sure the CIA would have the resources to send "another another team" after the "another team".

Jesus Christ. That's the last time I'm going to say something that stupid so someone as stupid as yourself can understand it.
>>
So what went rogue?
>>
>>62696450
Oh no I never said money is not an incentive

But these movies make it hard for these people to work for the money.

1. suppose James Bond does this for money, we never see him getting paid. Is he well paid?
2. In Mission Impossible one they mentioned that Ethan's mom shouldn't be so rich. So is Ethan supposed to be rich for doing this?
3. There are many chances for all of them to be incredibly rich even without going rogue.
4. Don't the bad guys always try to bribe them and they always said no ?

I am really curious if they will ever show James Bond getting a check from MI6
>>
>>62696479
I can only say Thank you then.

Another another team...I don't think that's how CIA control things.
>>
>>62695417
So when the head guy asks for the self destructive message, his contact contacts only him but no one else?

So the command structure is like a single line rather than a web like structure ?
>>
>>62696569

Sure he is well paid. He is also well fed and well shat, you just don't usually show this kind of routines in a movie, unless it's centred on those things. If there was a movie about Bond, who yet to become an agent, having some serious financial difficulties in his life so he decided to join agency and make money then we sure would see a big paycheck as the credits roll. But it's not about James Bond, man who is trying to make a living, it's about James Bond, agent who is doing his job.
>>
>>62693833
It's very simple. Most agents are normal humans. They are only more powerful than ordinary people because the supports provided by CIA: the fake IDs, gadgets, money etc.

CIA control them by controlling these resources. That's why you always see them getting their supplies from an anonymous locker. They become powerless when CIA shuts down the supplies.

Main dudes like Bond and Hunt are different because they are powerful even without these supports.

They are supermen.
>>
>>62696762
>Sure he is well paid
Okay then.

I just thought if he is well paid there would be a scene about it.
>>
>>62696826
He is sitting there near the top of that fiction-ish colourful world, saving world again and again with movements of his fingers, solving impossible tasks, saving important people, driving luxury cars, fucking luxury women, enjoying everything there is to enjoy, why wouldn't he be well paid? It's just kinda obvious that a man of his reputation, skills and connections isn't going to starve.
>>
what is james bond doing when not on a mission?
>>
>>62696992
Smoking weed, jerking off to eroge, sleeping.
>>
File: image:29578.gif (2 MB, 277x342) Image search: [Google]
image:29578.gif
2 MB, 277x342
>>62696311
>>62696423
>>62696450
>>62696779

>People getting there info from movies
>Thinking they know anything about it

Don't know what's worst, people like this or people who pretend to be in the Miliary.
>>
>>62696605
that's why you're not in the CIA
>>
>>62696569
James Bond isn't well paid but it's irrelevant. He surely gets a government worker salary, with a few bonus pays on top, probably makes 70-100k a year, with benefits, at most. But it doesn't matter because the whole point of Bond is that he lives for his job. He doesn't need to buy a car or home for himself because he's working 24/7 and living off their expense account, and he wouldn't have it any other way. They don't show bond planning his retirement account because he doesn't plan to live that long. His savings account is most likely quite large because he never spends his own money, and doesn't care to ever have a family or normal life outside of being a spy.
>>
>>62694745
For one thing, agents like James Bond, Ethan Hunt, and Jason Bourne probably don't exist.

Second, some people work for reasons besides just money. Some people are actually loyal to their employers. With government agents, I guarantee this happens more often than not.
>>
>>62696371
you'd better not try to trick me
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.