[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't do plastic surgery, they said. You're going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Clive Owen.png (400 KB, 576x347) Image search: [Google]
Clive Owen.png
400 KB, 576x347
Don't do plastic surgery, they said. You're going to regret it, they said.
>>
>>62689337
were did he get surgery?
>>
>tfw caught up on The Knick

I need more shows to watch Senpai
>>
>>62689349
nigga look at his fucking chin and jaw

plus he admits it, although without pointing out the exact place

>Owen says, "I've had tons of surgery done, but I can't say what on."

http://www.contactmusic.com/clive-owen/news/owen-refuses-to-reveal-location-of-surgery_1009378
>>
plastic surgery is great
>>
>>62689393
ikr
>>
>>62689492
It's just another example of technology improving life. I don't know why it's such a disconcerting topic.
>>
File: 1206545_The-Knick[1].jpg (53 KB, 636x379) Image search: [Google]
1206545_The-Knick[1].jpg
53 KB, 636x379
I never knew.

He must have a pretty good plastic surgeon, or only go for really subtle shit, he looks all natural, even in age.
>>
I feel bad for women, because plastic surgery actually improves men. It's simpler to make a unattractive man attractive.
>>
>>62689337
TSUJ
>>
>>62689906
because you're misrepresenting your genes
if you get good plastic surgery what happens when your kid turns out ugly and your wife wonders what happened
>>
>>62690150
>because you're misrepresenting your genes

>what's wearing clothes
>what's making shitty jokes
>what's hairdo
>what's make up
>what's a dentist
>>
>>62689906
I don't know either. People today have a knee jerk reaction against technology that is enfuriating.

But I guess that's to be expected. What's really disappointing is how it became such a dogma among progressive/enlightened types to criticize plastic surgery. You would expect these people to actually like the idea that you can pay your way out of a condition that ruins lives. There's such a basic angle of empathy that is always missing.
>>
He gave himself a Superman jaw.
>>
>>62690150
That's like saying you're misrepresenting your genes when you treat a disease instead of allowing it to kill you. It's just a condition you can now fix, like many others.

Plus genes aren't the sole determinant factor in a person's looks. Pic related are brothers and I'm sure you can find you countless similar examples.

Eventually it will come a time when all these imperfections - baldness, shortness, ugliness - can be fixed if the person is bothered by them. This time would come a lot sooner if people stopped setting the area back by stereotyping it as something for old white ladies or showing only the bad examples like TV shows do.
>>
>>62690343
There's also some change on the eyes I can't quite point out.
>>
>>62690248
>clothes
literally nothing to do with genes what are you talking about
>making shitty jokes
what?
>what's hairo
hair = genetics
>what's make up
everyone agrees make up is bullshit women just get away with it because they scream like banshees if you call them out on it
>what's a dentist
fair point

>>62690276
>You would expect these people to actually like the idea that you can pay your way out of a condition that ruins lives

"uugghh i hate my chin" is not a condition that ruins lives anon
>>
>>62690150
>because you're misrepresenting your genes
When has this ever been a issue? Clive Warren can do what ever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>62690021
is this a good show?

I want to watch it just based on this still alone
>>
>>62690492
>literally nothing to do with genes what are you talking about
I think you're missing his point.
He's just saying how people use a lot of things to make themselves appear more attractive than they are, short of plastic surgery, and how those things are seen as acceptable.
>>
>>62690557
yeah because plastic surgery doesn't actually make you look like a different person. Finding a style that suits you and all that shit is fine but plastic surgery is just cheating not to mention it's a clear indicator that someone is self obsessed and shit
>>
>>62690550
It's really good.
Some people on this board will take offense to it 'pushing a social justice agenda', but really it's just a show telling stories about a time when there was actual discrimination against women and black people.
Also there's cool medical shit.
>>
>>62690550
it wants to be good but it's ultimately non-compelling
>>
>>62690593
brainfart *does

>>62690594
Is it portrayed accurately or is it like white guilt movies where everyone's evil except the all loving all knowing liberal progressive protagonist?
>>
>>62690594
>social justice agenda

cool, thanks, I'm done.
>>
>>62689337
whoever said that?
>>
>>62690593
>Finding a style that suits you and all that shit is fine but plastic surgery is just cheating
Those things aren't categorically different. For example, people might wear clothes that cover up unattractive proportions of their bodies, or they could get liposuction and implants. Both of these things achieve the same result. The difference between what you call 'style' and 'cheating' is non-existent.
>>
>>62690613

Accurately. His character doesn't like blacks or chinks or Jews. He just puts up with the only black character who has an actual role because he is a skilled surgeon he needs due to his cocaine abuse wrecking him.
>>
>>62690613
Definitely portrayed accurately.
People who are outspokenly racist, are shown to really just be products of their time (and limited scientific knowledge).
And there isn't really an all loving all knowing liberal progressive protagonist, just a bunch of people trying to make the best of their lives.
>>
>>62690725
complete opposite of today then

nowadays it's the people with limited understanding that are not racist
>>
>>62690622
But that's my point.
I hate shows that are pushing political agendas like that, but this show isn't one of them. People on /tv/ just think so because it follows black
and female characters in 1900.
>>
>>62690771
Well, I won't argue entirely against that.
Dumb people should be treated as dumb people, and if one race happens to have more dumb people, you should take that into account. That's not racism.
But categorically saying that all people of that race then must automatically be dumb, that definitely is racism.
It's not a straightforward issue, is what I'm saying I guess.
>>
>>62690033
Why do you think there are so many modern feminists, Straight white male is the best class.
>>
>>62690150
>no one in not family has an overbite
>grow up with an overbite

Well fuck, obviously I'm getting orthognathic surgery and rhinoplasty
>>
>>62690345
tbf (to be fair) ashton's brother only looks ugly because of the goofy glasses, bow tie, and genuine smile
>>
>>62690603
You want to be good but you're ultimately non-compelling
>>
>>62690622
I see how you formulated your opinions anyway -- the old fingers-in-the-ears technique.

A classic American method.
>>
>>62692919
The ears, nose and facial structure don't help.
>>
>>62690771
>nowadays it's the people with limited understanding that are not racist
>ignoring statistics and the vicious influences of a culture
>a greater understanding
Motherfuck, if you're a racist you're a moron. Behaviour has exactly fuck all to do with race. Black people are poorer, and so tend to do more crime. inb4 "adjusted for social status herp derp" and here's where you ignore factors like racism and negative cultures - factors you refuse to consider because it clashes with your world view that "dem niggers be crimnal!".
>>
>>62693110
>Behaviour has exactly fuck all to do with race.
check out this science ignoring racist kek

everybody's pink on the inside weed lmao
>>
>>62693110
>Behaviour has exactly fuck all to do with race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
>>
>>62690150

> when your kid turns out ugly and your wife wonders what happened

I think plastic surgery is more popular with women
>>
>>62694158
with men it's much more underhanded because one wouldn't suspect it

men are better looking than woman naturally and don't have to go to the lengths women do to look halfway decent, strong shapes vs weak shapes etc etc

at the very least you're aware there's make-up involved, with the possibility of surgery and other magic, because 90% women look like shit without the help
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.