[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone ever going to talk about the fact that mainstream media
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: John-Boyega-pic.jpg (42 KB, 560x557) Image search: [Google]
John-Boyega-pic.jpg
42 KB, 560x557
Is anyone ever going to talk about the fact that mainstream media has completely abandoned black American actors?

>Steve McQueen: British
>Chiwetel Ejiofor: British
>John Boyega: British
>Idris Elba: British
>Trevor Noah: South African
>Lupita Nyong'o: Mexican
>>
>>62687521
tbqh the savage dindus in america could not take direction
>>
what a handsome lad
>>
>>62687521
Um, Michael B. Jordan just starred in Fantastic Four, had the main role in the amazing film, Fruitvale Station, and before that was in some shitty film with Zac Efron I think and another good movie by the guy who directed the new Fantastic Four called Chronicle. I'd say that we haven't really abandoned black American actors.
>>
What's with the gristle around his mouth? I've never even seen this on black people before so it can't be that.
>>
Hahahahaha

The brits are living the american dream
>>
>>62687521
hollywood and tv have abandoned american actors completely no matter what color for the most part
>>
File: 1437680763275.jpg (24 KB, 345x365) Image search: [Google]
1437680763275.jpg
24 KB, 345x365
>>62688199
Too bad he's a shit actor son.
>>
>>62688199
more like Fruitville
>>
american blacks are too scary/uncivilised for most audiences, even american ones
>>
>>62688244
keloid scars
>>
Anthony Mackie is good, but MBJ is dull and not as good an actor people seem to think. He's still alright though. Chiwetel and David Oyewolo are actually good. Can't say about Lupita since I've only seen her in 12 years, or Boyega since I only saw him briefly in 24 and he just made the shocked face he's made in all the SW trailers.

A lot of british people start acting very early in life.
>>
even jews got tired of their nigger shit
>>
>>62687556
Pretty much this. Nobody wants to cast somebody who will shoot his costars for scuffing his Jordans.
>>
>>62688301
Personally find him to be a decent actor with the right role and direction. Pretty much can only go off of Fruitvale Station though, which for non-racists is a good film and for racists is going to be something they'll probably scream about.

Chronicle was the only other film I liked with him in it and even then his acting wasn't that great, but he worked with the same director again on Fantastic Four and look how that turned out.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.