[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New TV Spot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkJ tGKosVFI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: finn.png (831 KB, 1281x623) Image search: [Google]
finn.png
831 KB, 1281x623
New TV Spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkJtGKosVFI
>>
>stormtrooper wielding that magna guard staff
wew lads
>>
File: 1348601830224.jpg (15 KB, 379x374) Image search: [Google]
1348601830224.jpg
15 KB, 379x374
>i will show them...........the dark side
>>
>>62685183

better version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27TiaemuExo
>>
>>62685258
Hahaha, he's obviously talking about African negro penises!
>>
>>62685258
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>62685183
>Finn and Rey holding hands while running

BLACKED confirmed!
>>
File: hand_holding2.gif (1 MB, 540x250) Image search: [Google]
hand_holding2.gif
1 MB, 540x250
>>62685374

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYE
>>
>>62685388
>gif
Go to bed, gramps
>>
File: ugghh.jpg (119 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
ugghh.jpg
119 KB, 2560x1440
>ugh he isn't going to be a jedi or force sensitive! stop being racist!
lmao
the white savior complex everyone
>>
It's becoming too obvious that they're romantic love interests. Poe is just some guy who is probably gonna die halfway through the movie =(
>>
>Admiral Ackbar
:3
>>
>>62685285
>something that can block lightsabers
I have a bad feeling about this
>>
Cool can't wait to finally see the movie!
>>
>>62685432
Go back to Tumblr
>>
File: MagnaGuard.jpg (63 KB, 944x896) Image search: [Google]
MagnaGuard.jpg
63 KB, 944x896
>>62685423
>>
>>62685388
Why won't JJ stop can he be stopped can the 2nd director just fuck with his shit and kill finn's character.
>>
File: blacked.png (400 KB, 703x394) Image search: [Google]
blacked.png
400 KB, 703x394
>>62685183
ANOTHER black character?
>>
>>62685462
>why won't JJ stop

the jew wont stop until he has won completely
>>
>>62685388
>>
>>62685440
No faggot I was here before you. Go kill yourself because it's clear you will never enjoy anything.
>>
>>62685511
was hoping that was their heads t(b)h
>>
>>62685452
you right, but those were elite guards and part of a terrible movie. I can accept forcefields that a lightsaber can't go through, but if every trooper can block lightsabers it really ruins the feeling of them as mythical weapon. Especially considering Jedi are back to being legend so theres no reason for them to equip troops against them.
>>
I really like Finn as a jedi, my only problem with him is that jacket looks fucking stupid

Give him something better and more bad ass
>>
>>62685511
>bb goes flying
kek
>>
>>62685580
he isn't.. Hes one of those stormtroopers. He just as a saber now.
>>
>>62685511
i expected a kek shed reference in the file name
>>
>>62685562
>if every trooper
I only saw one but I'm probably wrong . . .
>>
File: Capture.jpg (22 KB, 542x363) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22 KB, 542x363
>>62685285

>They both run out holding hands like a couple ...
>>
File: Take that whitey.webm (334 KB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
Take that whitey.webm
334 KB, 1280x532
>>62685470
That's Rey, you tard.
>>
>>62685633
YOU JUSY KNOW
>>
>>62685603
Hes just a main character...with a light saber...right
>>
>>62685511
why are they holding hands
>>
>>62685580
>>62685643
Rey's the only one confirmed to be actually force-sensitive, as of official leaked merchandise.
>>
>>62685633
I hold my grandma's hand when we cross the street or I help her out of a car that doesn't mean we are fucking. Doesn't mean we aren't fucking either.
>>
>>62685511
>Can't kill people less than 10 feet from the impact
>>
>>62685653
Why do you think anon?
>>
>>62685653
Because you've never held a girl's.
>>
>>62685653
its a good trick
>>
>>62685580
That isn't even HIS jacket. It's Poe Dameron's jacket which Finn takes at some point.

In those new promo pics you see Poe wearing that same jacket in his stills
>>
>>62685667
She wants the D, bro.
>>
>>62685697
>spinning tricks
Oh.my.god. it all makes sense now.
>>
File: 23b.jpg (69 KB, 1279x505) Image search: [Google]
23b.jpg
69 KB, 1279x505
>>62685636
>Dat file name
>>
>>62685643
I feel the same, I like him as a Jedi but this dude is right >>62685658

Only Rey is confirmed force sensitive. I hope he is too because it flares my autism seeing some fucking normie wielding the lightsaber as a weapon
>>
>>62685418
Is that really Ackbar? Or is it a trap?
>>
Are they fucking holding hands?

He's leading her too, what the fuck? Aggghh Disney.

Lemme guess, he acts like the tough guy "I'LL PROTECT YOU" then he gets knocked on his ass at some point, and she helps him up, and identifies herself as the fucking hero.

Fuck this shit man. This is a double whammy of KEK and STRONK WOMYN feminist blanda up horsehit, goddamn.
>>
>>62685511
Getting real tired of "explosion right next to a character knocks them off their feet but otherwise does nothing to him"

Shit, the Empire should buy some fucking A-10s if they want to do some real damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htTvJqpmdCg
>>
>>62685404
The chick is the Jedi.
>>
>>62685820

They both are at the end
>>
>>62685183
Damn, the compiled spoiler PDF described the tie fighter breaking away cables on take off, and there it is
>>
>>62685795
This is exactly what happens.

Star Wars is going to become synonymous with GRRRLL power feminism for the next ten years or so, until Kathleen Kennedy steps down.
>>
>>62685870
Did the leaks say whether or not Finn is a Jedi?
>>
>>62685928
They don't state if he is Force sensitive or not, but the girl gets the saber at the end once she "accepts her destiny."

I'm not sure they even decided if he is or isn't, probably waiting for the public response to character in the movie.
>>
>>62685562
lightsabers should weigh less than magnaguard staffs. people with the force should be better at fighting. The advantage for lightsaber combat goes to a jedi with a lightsaber vs a regular trained human soldier with a magnaguard staff
>>
File: oscar-isaac-x-men-apocalypse.jpg (30 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
oscar-isaac-x-men-apocalypse.jpg
30 KB, 670x377
Don't worry lads based oscar will save the film.
>>
>>62685562
I can't imagine many troopers except maybe an elite few are trained well enough to go toe-to-toe with a Jedi. And even then, they're Jedi. They'll win unless they're facing someone else who can use the force.
>>
Has disney made anything that isn't cheesy as hell in the past 20 years? Lion King was probably the last great movie they ever made.
>>
>>62685873
And the 'submissive black boyfriend who just happens to have a 12 inch dick' is the chosen accessory to the Stronk Gurl character.

Fuck why did I preorder tickets to this shit? fell for the hype
>>
>>62686039

The Lone Ranger
>>
>>62686027
the guy that has 5 minutes of screentime and gets killed before the last third of the movie? pffthaha
>>
>>62685928
Well the compiled spoilers don't do a good job of saying whats supported by evidence and what's speculation

But they concluded rey is the main "jedi" character

It has a lot of problems though. The gaps they fill in don't make sense or are just fucking terrible writing. They predict that rey and finn just find the millennium falcon by pure chance, after finding luke's lightsaber by pure chance, then expertly fly the falcon through the star destroyer and out maneuver the tie fighters, then meet han solo by pure chance after escaping jakku, who is surprised they found the falcon. Like what the fuck? That's like a coin landing on its side 20 times in a row.
>>
File: 8a4.jpg (4 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
4 KB, 316x202
>>62686027
>he barely gets any screen time

Why did they do this to him?!
>>
>>62686095
Basically, they don't know shit? Lol.
>>
>>62686059
that movie sucked.
>>
Why do they keep showing the scene where Kylo is executing someone? And why do I have a feeling it's Luke Skywalker taking that blow?
>>
File: 1419115132867.jpg (304 KB, 1200x676) Image search: [Google]
1419115132867.jpg
304 KB, 1200x676
that fucking black guy, man

i have literally NO interest to see this

>WE JEDI NOW MANG, WE JEDI WE JEDI MAAANG SHEEEEEEIIIIIIT SWING DA SABER BRAH FUCCK DAT NIGGA UP
>>
File: JJ.jpg (16 KB, 440x293) Image search: [Google]
JJ.jpg
16 KB, 440x293
>and when you run out I want you to both hold hands, and Daisy, if you can be out of breath and clinging to his hot hunk dindu body that would be great, okay, ACTION
>>
>>62686129
No they know a good bit about who's where and when, and they have a good bead on what order the trailer footage is in, but so much is missing.
>>
I love Finn's voice.
>>
>>62686095
No, that's not it at all.

The supposition is that Rey steals the Falcon from Han and Leia when she was younger, after she gets abandoned by her father Luke.

Knowing that she's Luke's kid, and feeling really bad for her, Han and Chewie basically let her take it. So she owns the Falcon on Jakku, but the hyperdrive ends up getting busted and she doesn't know how to fix it, which is why she can't leave the planet.

When the Tie's are chasing her and Finn, she leads them to "her" ship, and flies it through the downed star destroyer expertly because she's had practice with the ship for a long time.

Presumably it's BB8 who ends up fixing the hyperdrive, which allows them to leave Jakku and meet up with Han and Leia and Maz.

Basically she's the epitome of a feminist Mary-Sue: she gets the lightsaber, she gets the legacy, she gets two guys fighting over her, she gets Luke as a teacher and she even gets the goddamn Falcon.

The Supergirl TV show has NOTHING on her.
>>
Rei is the cutest girl I have seen in recent years. Aside from her gigantic demonic smile she looks just precious
>>
>>62686197
>SWING DA SABER BRAH

This cracks me up. Has a black man ever used a fucking sword in history?

It's so unnatural seeing a non-European wielding a sword, it's like he doesn't even fucking know what he's doing.

>BZZZZZZSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHEWWWW
>I SWANG DA SABAH AT U DAWG
>GONNA GET FUKD UP U KEEP SWANGING AT ME HOMEBOY
>WWWWWWIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZUUUUUSH
>OH MY GOT MY FUKKEN HAND DUDE WHAT THE FUCK NIGGA
>>
>>62686188
Its Sydow that takes it
>>
File: john boyega walk.webm (1 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
john boyega walk.webm
1 MB, 1280x533
>>62686220
>hot hunk body

Nig has the body of a geriatric old man
>>
Guys, I won't expect you to believe me, but I know quite a few people in my social circle who worked in this film (creatures, practical effects, and sets). They brought in lots of freelancers during their crunch.

Anyway, nobody knows much obviously... But it's common knowledge how the film ends.

- Han DOES die. It's common knowledge among the crew. Nobody could resist spilling that.
- Rey IS the daughter of Han and Leia.

The film's ending is the big reveal (JJ's "mystery box"), and nobody will see it coming...

Chewie drags Han back to the Falcon after Kylo blades him a la Darth Maul impaling Qui-Gon. He keeps fighting to breathe as Chewie holds him and wails.

He's left off on a sour, unresolved note with Leia. But she and Rey are there when he dies. It's the big emotional closure moment. But it's not what you expect...

Han tells Rey and Leia he loves them, then tells Rey the Falcon is hers.. When out of nowhere Boyega emerges.

"This ship's mine now," he says.

"Your time is over, dad," Rey whispers to him.

"This isn't your galaxy anymore, you needle-dicked nerd herder," Leia says as she gets on her knees.

Han begins to weep as Leia and Rey blow Boyega's huge BBC together. Apparently this goes on for minutes and is meant to symbolize the death of the white male patriarchy.

Solo, tears streaming down his face, cries out. "WHY? WHY GOD WHY?"

Leia grips Boyega's butt and pushes him into Rey, who's spread eagle on the floor.

"Make me a grandchild, you beautiful Nubian god," Leia says, sneering as Han passes away in horror.

Anyway, that's all I know.
>>
>>62686106
Yeah I don't think he's part of this trio. He'll probably die heroically.
>>
>>62686231
I DON'T
KNOW WHAT
TO DO!!!!
>>
>>62686278
I officially love you anon.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (48 KB, 1024x476) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
48 KB, 1024x476
>>62686253
>>
>>62686285
Say what you want about Vanity Fair, their photographers know how to take a damn picture. Looks like Errol Flynn.

Yes I know that's the point, I'm saying it's well done.
>>
What a terrible fucking thread.
>>
>>62686253
>>SWING DA SABER BRAH
I can already here them say that.
>>
>>62686278
I was one of the extras on set, can confirm this is accurate.
>>
>>62686197

1. Finn isn't a jedi, he's just holding the lightsaber because Rey refuses to throughout the film until Han is killed by Kylo and she accepts her destiny

2. Mace Windu bruh
>>
>>62685285
>I will show them the dark side

What did he mean by this /tv/?
>>
>>62685285
Is dat sum Ackbar?
>>
>>62686404
kekoldry
>>
This movie is literally going to be the new hope, thats nothing else.

...and people are going to praise the shit out of it.
>>
>>62686275
always looking confused fucking nigger
>>
>>62686278
can confirm, I was the fluffer
>>
>>62686390

Mace Windu is a great actor and not some talentless Brixton nigger thug dragged off the streets and put in the hero role.
>>
>A chick, and some nigger that looks like he's on parole as the lead characters in Star Wars

Dropped.
>>
>>62686197
>i have literally NO interest to see this
See you opening night
>>
>>62686233
That's not as upside down asspull, but it's still unlikely that the lost daughter of luke would happen to find a droid that contains:

A) Luke's lightsaber
B) Can fix her hyperdrive
C) Knows where her godparents are so she can reunite with them

I think the easier explanation is after poe doesn't return from his mission to retrieve the lightsaber, han takes the falcon to jakku. And by that time a girl, black man, and poe's droid are getting chased by tie fighters and making the biggest scene on the planet, so they were easy to find. The only problem is I have no idea how to explain the "chewie we're home" line, it really looks like they couldn't be talking about anything but the falcon itself.
>>
>>62686390
This seems extremely likely. They're practically giving away Han's death in all the promos and Rey is clearly the main character. She's gonna be the Jedi and Finn's gonna be the heroic sidekick.
>>
>>62685285

What song is that?
>>
Well the music sounds pretty fucking nice

Williams' still got it
>>
>>62686556
What I mean is Han's death isn't going to be the BIG JJ SURPRISE--it'll be GRRRRRRRL JEDI
>>
>british accent
Dropped
>>
Finn fucks the saber wound in Han Solo's torso while Solo thanks him for checking his privilege.
>>
>>62686556
>Han
>death

Yeah ok. Like they were gonna kill old Spock in the '09 Trek amirite?

Han lives. don't be stupid.
>>
>>62685285
>Tie Fighter hits the ground 10m away
>they don't die

This fucking shit is looking worse and worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (724 KB, 2886x1760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
724 KB, 2886x1760
>Boyega can talk in an American accent
>Ridley can't
>>
Luke doesn't strike me as a person who'd bang someone, get her pregnant and then decide to be a hermit somewhere offscreen.

I feel like there's going to be some sort of a reversal.

For instance Kylo Ren might be Han's son who fell to the dark side through the manipulations of Snoke (or whatever his real name will be). We've seen some set photos where someone looking like Driver is wearing an X-Wing outfit.

Anyway, an interesting reversal would be if Rey turns out to be Palpatine's offspring or a partial clone or pet project and the star destroyer carrying her embryo or whatever crashed on Jakku. Some imperial officer (Sydow) raises her and the twist is that she turns to the light side.
Once she starts to use the force Luke pops up and basically tests her to see where she stands.
>>
>>62686556
I think it's still up in the air if rey is the main character. Think about it, they are going to market this movie to the female hunger games audience, but mostly men will see the next two movies, of course they would misdirect it. Personally I think it's a 50/50 split lead between rey and finn.

Also han solo dieing is way too predictable. It could happen, but I wouldn't even trust evidence on this. The production probably shot several fake scenes to confuse us on major story events. I think they'll kill han solo in the next movie. Why? Because it's pottery. This time he doesn't survive the dark middle act, then leia will get pissed and go to the dark side or some shit for the third movie.
>>
why did they make this so boring looking
>>
>>62686695
>CLONES

really anon? come on
>>
>>62686106
They're going to waste the best actor aren't they?
>>
>>62686774

It's doubtful they'll keep Ford or Fisher around long.
First of all they look old as fuck and that means they can only linger around in shots and not do any swashbuckling action shit.
Secondly, Ford got paid 40mil for Indy4. You can bet your ass he demanded some insane amount to show up for this. Having him basically sap funds from the next one too is not a smart decision.
Chances are high Han and Leia will both perish together in some heroic circumstances just so the production doesn't have to deal with them next time around.

Luke is a different story since he needs to be a Kenobi-style sage this time around so even if he dies he has to come back as a force ghost to offer more advice.
>>
>>62685183

This looks like some TV show.

That Tie attack is like something out of Stargate Season 1.
>>
>Barely showing any Oscar Isaac

okay.
>>
>>62686227
>they have a good bead on what order the trailer footage is

Except the leaks came before the 2nd teaser and trailer.
>>
>>62685285
>I'm Raeye

Is she Aussie?
>>
>>62686895
It's speculated that each member of the OT cast takes turns being the supporting character, so it doesn't feel crowded or they feel underutilized. It makes total sense. Han is the supporting character for this movie, luke has to be the supporting character for the next movie, and leia works best for the last movie because that's when the star wars will be hottest, but she'll being doing leadership stuff instead of boots on the ground. She'll probably shoot some dudes before this series is out though.
>>
>as if boyega isn't dead by the end of this movie.

Think about it. Someone important always dies in the first movie of a star wars trilogy.
>>
>>62687039
Lol after the whole "diversity matters!" Speech? Hand me some of that weed anon.
>>
>>62686954
Which source are which parts were accurate?

Is there a place where they keep the history of this stuff? All I've seen is compilations where they modify the document as more information comes in, with no info on what was proven or falsified.
>>
>>62686050
Why would you pre-order tickets under any circumstance? JJ has never done anything special and there's only been 2 great Star Wars and they happen to be the two oldest. You're either a man-child or a gay little teenager
>>
Besides, why do you fags want Finn to die so bad anyway?
>>
>>62687039
>Someone important always dies in the first movie of a star wars trilogy.

This actually isn't true. Obi wan became a ghost.

There's a huge difference. He had less scenes and a smaller part, but he was very much in the story for the next two movies.

Also JJ doesn't give a fuck about patterns established by the prequels.
>>
File: discontent.jpg (197 KB, 668x520) Image search: [Google]
discontent.jpg
197 KB, 668x520
>>62685285
>Who are you
>I'm no one
Why do they keep doing this fucking line? It's terrible trash that would get a fucking 5th grader a D on his story.

Also why can none of the main cast make appropriate facial expressions?
>"I'm Finn"
>>God damnit booyega don't leave your draw dropped like you're fucking suprised.. oh well final cut

And that fucking robotic voice. Generic voice modulator #923234

That shitty fucking excuse for an explosion that has the angles all types of fucking wrong given the ships position is just vomit worthy.

And that fucking soccerball, just fucking why?
>>
>>62687143
Depends who you ask. Some want him dead because he's a nigger, ugly or are just tired of all this 'MUHH DIVERSITY' crap been forced.
>>
>>62687090
what are you talking about? We still have the girl that becomes the jedi.

I hope I'm totally wrong, and they've just been doing a really good job with the trailers for this movie, but I get the sense that they keep pushing Boyega with a lightsaber for a purpose. It's to throw people off, to make everyone think that he's the next "luke" or something when in reality it's the the girl.
It's actually a perfect redemption story arc for a single movie. An ex-stormtrooper feels guilt, takes up a lightsaber in one scene because its all he has and gets killed in just a few swipes - opening the revenge plot for the female lead.

I'm still also convinced that Kylo Ren is going to be some sort of amateur sith, or something to distract us. Watch him be dead also by the end of the movie, with the real sith threat still in secret.
>>
>>62687193
Don't you also just love the *ping*... [character says line]... (repeat once or twice more) trailer trope that's in EVERY FUCKING TRAILER?
>>
>>62687193
>And that fucking soccerball, just fucking why?
What about? It belongs to Poe so its normal for someone like him to have one.
>>
>>62687333
Why because he's hispanic and all hispanics love that football?
>>
>>62687244
>Watch him be dead also by the end of the movie, with the real sith threat still in secret.
He lives in the end and is talking to his master(Snokes). He promises he won't fail him again or some shit like that.
>>
>>62687225

The only thing forced is having an all white cast
>>
>>62687411
And the blatant race based casting

I mean really
1. character name is Finn after the whitest character ever written
>We didn't have a race in mind when writing
yeah...
2. First thing shown is the black character doing nothing but surprising the audience
>No seriously guys we're not trying to make controversy it's just that ya'll fucking racist if you don't see the movie
>>
>>62686220
the WHITEST fucking room
>>
>>62686406
good eye
>>
File: iotbs04.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
iotbs04.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>62685773

more importantly, is that donald sutherland on the left?

based
>>
>>62687401
Where?
>>
>>62687359
Well for what other reason did JJ give him that?
>>
>Hispanic with soccer ball
>Black who doesn't know his father
>Unstable woman with daddy issues

I still think this is ripped from the cast of Sealab 2021

>Debbie = teh rey
>Quinn = Finn
>Marco = Poe
>Murphey = Han He dies
>>
>>62687622
Leaks before the trailer dropped.
>>
>>62687706
Fuck why did you have to remind me of that forgotten gem? If there was ever a cartoon that could be made into a live action film it's Sealab. Just obscure enough, small amount of characters, no continuity so any story you want basically, respecteg among everyone who grew up with it
>>
>>62685658

You must believe r2-d2 is a jedi as well.
>>
>>62687799
plus all that shark penis
>>
File: 1447393134790.jpg (57 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1447393134790.jpg
57 KB, 600x450
EXHAUSTS CONFIRMED
>>
>>62687881
>ancient design
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU LEAVE THE PRE-PHANTOM MENACE EU ALONE
>>
>/tv/ getting triggered like an old bitch because of a black character
>>
>>62687908
It's already non-canon

I like the "ancient design" idea. It suggests that before star wars was world war II in space, it was medieval warfare in space.
>>
#handsupdontblast
>>
>>62688003
I think I've decided that the Force Awakens isn't canon.

Could still be all right though.
>>
So what makes 1 lightsaber more powerful than another?

Can it cut through another light saber? I mean if it can then there shouldn't even be a worth while fight scene
>>
>>62688045
sounds easy, I like to pretend we never got the real sequel to esb
>>
>>62685773
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT

KEITHER SUTHERLAND
HAN SOLO
SAOIRSE RONAN
PRINCESS LEIA
???
???
C3PO
ADMIRAL ACKBAR
JK SIMMONS???
>>
Can /pol/ fuck off? It's bad enough you've infiltrated every board but this shit is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>62688127
Posts like this feed them, just ignore it.
>>
>>62685773
I like how the rebel base shots all look like 1970
>>
>>62688095
I love ROTJ, but I don't consider it canon and I'm writing a sequel to ESB myself.
>>
>>62688045

Yeah and I bet you think the prequels are non canon as well. How many films have to be none canon so you can convince yourself this franchise isn't shit?
>>
>>62688096
It's Keifer
>>
>>62688127
>>62688141

-Monologue to Hitler's suicide pistol-

NOTHING WILL STAND IN OUR WAY

WE WILL FINISH- WHAT YOU STARTED
>>
>>62688204
There is literally nothing wrong with the prequels if you remove the phantom menace.
>>
>>62688127

>Can you stop telling me the truth /pol/!
>>
>>62688222

Except all the terrible acting
>>
>>62688204
The franchise is shit. I just like two films and a handful of games.

Relax, anon.
>>
>>62688190
Are you basing it off how Kurtz wanted it?

Whats lame is a few changes in early decisions would've massively improved ROTJ.
>>
>>62688219
and your name is spelled 'Cock Gobbler'
>>
>it's a /pol/ thread
not even once
>>
>>62688096
Fuck I meant Donald Sutherland
>>
File: Slave I.jpg (209 KB, 1650x815) Image search: [Google]
Slave I.jpg
209 KB, 1650x815
>>62687612
I thought the sign in the first shot of that webm said LANDO'S
>>
File: 1443993646202.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1443993646202.jpg
459 KB, 1920x1200
>>62685183
>Finn is the jedi
>>
>>62688127

We'll fuck off when anti-white Jews stop infiltrating our beloved film franchises.
>>
>>62688222
Um, scripts that are as uninteresting as they are non nonsensical, flat characters, flat scenes, soap opera instead of adventure.
>>
>>62688253
Literally every major character in the prequels was a competent actor except jake lloyd. It's literally george's fault because he would direct them into being bad. No one can make a bland scene energetic or make clunky cringe-worthy dialogue sound natural.
>>
>>62685404

Cortosis confirmed.
>>
File: 1419634658863.gif (876 KB, 355x325) Image search: [Google]
1419634658863.gif
876 KB, 355x325
>>62685633
>He's leading her and not the other way around

/tv/ YET AGAIN BTFO
>>
>>62685511
BB-8 no :(
>>
>>62685404

Guessing Finn gets the lightsaber about halfway through the movie, cuts down a bunch of storm troopers, and then promptly gets his ass handed to him by Kylo Ren.
>>
>>62686466
Boyega has more film acting experience than Mark Hamill did when he was cast in the original. He'd literally done a voice over role in one movie plus a handful of bit parts on TV shows. But I guess it's different because his skin pigmentation doesn't make you uncomfortable.
>>
>>62685580
>knocking the BASED jacket

>>>/hm/
>>
>>62686197
Breathe, senpai :^}
>>
>>62688406

>Literally every major character in the prequels was a competent actor

I know. It was all Georges fault.
>>
>>62688258
If Disney really wanted cred, they'd get Kurtz back as a consultant.

But knowing Lucas, the contract probably forbids Kurtz's involvement.
>>
>>62686278
Was a fly on the wall, this is literally the script. Sleep with one eye open anon.
>>
>Poe only gets 30 mins of screen time

Dropped.
>>
>>62688483
I wonder if it'll also make that R2 WAAAAEEEEEEE scream
>>
>>62688602
He's one of the lead actors. Do you expect Disney to exclude him from the marketing to appease a handful of internet racists?
>>
>>62688608
I love kurtz but I don't think he's necessary.

He's a common sense guy with good taste, he was huge asset to the OT because he would basically talk george out of being retarded. George isn't around any more, so it's no longer a problem.
>>
>>62687244
This isn't like some sort of conspiracy. Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that these sequels will continue the Skywalker family story, and it sure as shit ain't going to be about Boyega or Isaac for obvious reasons.

Rey and Kylo are the grandkids of Anakin. Rey is Luke's daughter and the next generation of Skywalker. Anyone who argues against this is retarded.

Finn is the hapless sidekick who needs to be saved by the strong Mary Sue.
>>
>>62688096
>JK SIMMONS???

could be any bald guy. could be Patrick Stewart, if JJ really wanted to blow some minds
>>
File: image100.jpg (120 KB, 612x459) Image search: [Google]
image100.jpg
120 KB, 612x459
Will the Knights of Ren get some backstory or will they be a passing with Kylo killed in the end of the movie?
>>
>>62685773
C3PO's been through some shit. They couldn't even find a gold replacement arm for him
>>
My one, honest complaint about this is that much like all of the other huge blockbuster movies, I feel like everything is too bright. It was like that in JJ's Star Trek movies too. Back in the day, they hid a lot of the set design in the shadows whether through necessities caused by budget or artistic choice. There was something comfy about that. Now everything is just bright flashing lights and every bit of the screen is exposed to image. Bring some of the shadows back tbqhwyfam.
>>
>>62685773
donald sutherland is in this too?
>>
>>62685285

The music is pretty cool tbqds (to be quite desu senpai)
>>
>>62689136
At least this one's using a lot more real sets and locations than the prequels. At no point in any of these trailers do the actors look like they're inside a video game
>>
>>62689016
>Will the Knights of Ren get some backstory

There is a strong rumor based on leaks that the Knights of Ren started as Sith Knights. Sheev's version of the Jedi Knights. When Sheev died, they became their own thing calling themselves the Knights of Ren, and Kylo Ren finds them and becomes a part of them, with their main goal of finding Luke Skywalker and killing him to bring balance to the Force on the Darkside instead of the light.
>>
File: 1.webm (692 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
692 KB, 1920x1080
>>62685183

This is some bad cgi...
>>
>>62689340
WHY DOES CGI FROM 2000s LOOK BETTER THAN CGI NOWADAYS?!?!?!?!? SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME I SEE IT IN EVER CURRENT MOVIE IT'S BLOWING MY MIND
>>
>>62689340
That looks like something out of the prequels.
>>
File: 12tfaassaultwalker1.jpg (41 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
12tfaassaultwalker1.jpg
41 KB, 640x478
>>62685452

>The prequels are bad

>Let's use everything from the prequels

Abrams you magnificent troll
>>
>>62687012

ITS GAYLICK
>>
>>62689340
Why is this even two shots?
>>
File: gorka.jpg (11 KB, 260x220) Image search: [Google]
gorka.jpg
11 KB, 260x220
>>62685562
>He doesn't know about vibroblades
>>
>>62686197
doesn't even remotely sound like that.
>>
>>62689552
Are those even canon anymore?
>>
>>62688926
>Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that these sequels will continue the Skywalker family story

Source? I hope this is true so I can stop caring immediately
>>
>>62689606
Didn't you see the commercial?
>>
>>62689643
Nevermind it was easily googleable

That's the last red flag for me. This movie is derivative unimaginative shit, peace out
>>
>>62686197
why do niggers do this shit. its supposed to be a protest and a peaceful one at that yet they turn it into a riot/party/family reunion
>>
File: Turk-turk.jpg (51 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
Turk-turk.jpg
51 KB, 500x513
>>62686285
They better not kill him, he's the only interesting character revealed so far, besides based edgemaster Kylo Ren.

Also, once it is revealed that Kylo is Leia's daughter, who wants to bet that an edited version of "Jorge wants to be hardcore, but his mom won't let him, except Jorge has been photoshopped with Adam Driver's face and Leia is giving that 'curiously onlooking yet judgmental' bitch face we saw on the official movie poster in the background" picture will be posted nonstop for about a month after the film is released.
>>
>>62689340

It actually looks quite fine. Also, keep in mind that the special effects still aren't finished yet, things are subject to change until theaters actually start receiving copies of the film.
>>
>>62686278
i also can confirm this as i was a prop extra dressed as the BBC
>>
>>62689749
>peace out
Why do people say things like this?
You're on an anonymous imageboard. Who gives a shit if you leave?
>>
>>62689900
>Also, once it is revealed that Kylo is Leia's daughter

isn't it about time we have trans star wars character?
>>
>>62689552

Vibroblades can't block lightsabers you dumbfuck. Only electrostaffs and phrik or cortosis swords can...
>>
>>62685511
Poor BB-8, I always felt bad for the droids in star wars
>>
>>62690000
What's with the ellipses at the end of your post, anon? You don't sound confident in your statement.

That shit's a vibroblade, nig.
>>
>>62686027
At the very least he better be the Wedge Antilles of this new trilogy.
>>
>>62685183
Better version of it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6rNlK_Rjnc
>>
Where's Max Von Sydow's character in all this?
>>
>>62690523
m8, it's on the official youtube channel now, no need for shitty compressed videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6HN9soeGa8
>>
>>62689551
Probably because there's a shot in between that they've just cut out. Makes it look real awkward though
>>
>>62688628
Is this confirmed or this just /tv/ shitposting?
>>
Why are you people happy that JJ, Disney and Pegg are killing Star Wars?
>>
>>62690863
Even if he gets 30 minutes, that's fairly decent in a 136-minute film.
Anthony Hopkins only had 16 minutes of screentime in Silence of the Lambs, which was 138 minutes.

It's all about how they use the time.
If Poe gets 20 minutes of miscellaneous dialogue and screentime and then two five-minute action sequences (one in his X-Wing, one on the ground) I'll be fine with that.
>>
>>62685230
Thats just an electrostaff. The empire mass produced them for the express purpose of defending themselves against Jedi during Episode 3. The magnaguard had a specialized Electrostaff.
>>
>>62690888
because it died in 1999, and nothing so far has made this seem as terrible as those movies
>>
>>62690000
>>62690101
Vibroblades can parry lightsabers if they are made with cortosis.

Electrostaffs can block lightsabers if they are made with phrik.

Plz stop fighting, ur both right.
>>
>>62688257
to be honest most of the SW PC games are pretty good
>>
>>62687881
crossguard vents... everyone was wrong/right.
>>
>>62685410
Oscar Isaac is one of the few actors, for now, who confirmed he is going to reprise his role for Episode VIII.
>>
>>62689445
>one thing is everything
ok kid
>>
>>62685440
>>62685521
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>62685653
>>
>>62685183
why ios there SO MUCH LENSE FLARE EVERYWHERE

its so much more noticable with trhat shitty tv

just looks fake af
>>
>>62686459
No shit he looks confused, he's lost in the middle of the desert.
>>
>>62691507
>be in a desert
>be confused about it
>>
WE WUZ JEDI N SHIEEET
>>
>>62685511
Dat face plant!
I'm trying not to get hyped up damnit
>>
>>62687908
I agree with you, but for different reasons. It devalueates the charecter, since it's not his idea, but rather something already existing. Just like Obi-wan training of Luke in IV or Exar Kun's lightsaber in EU, or the title of Darth.
>>
>>62685812
It's shrapnel that kills people in explosions like that. Of course they can't show characters getting dismembered in that fashion, but they still want the cool explosion effects.
>>
>>62688926
Finn is the fuck child of Lando and Leia after Han and Leia get divorced, Finn is step brother of Kylo and cousin of Rey.
>>
>>62691950
>Half white
>Still blacker than the black parent
Whatever you say, chum.
>>
>>62688506
its because he looks like a monkey
>>
>>62691983
The genes are strong with this one.
>>
>>62688222
>>
>>62685452
Looks like a fucking weightlifting barbell
>>
So is it in consensus that neither Finn nor Kylo Ren are Jedi?
>>
>>62692405
Finn is very unlikely to be Force sensitive. Kylo definitely is though, you see him mindraping Poe in the trailer.
>>
>>62686095
It is the will of the Force.
>>
>>62686278
Why would Han and Leia's daughter be a scavenger?
>>
>>62685183
She hasn't delivered one line with conviction so far.

She's going to shit up this movie.
>>
>>62692486
They send her away after the shit that happens with her, Kylo and Luke. Luke tries to train them but fucks up and so wipes their memories.
>>
>>62688926
>Finns mother was black whom Luke fucked

AW SHIIEEET DAWG WE JEDI NOW
AMA GET ME SOME PURPLE SABER
>>
>>62692733
this is starting to worry me more than anything else. Boyega seems fine but since Rey is supposed to be our main hero she just seems really bland, closer to anakin than luke
I don't a female lead but lets seem some charisma
>>
>>62685511
>le strong womyn character
>but it's ok when the negro saves her
>>
File: Shield.jpg (97 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Shield.jpg
97 KB, 500x500
>>62685452
>>62685562

It's not the magnaguard staff, it's that stupid riot shield trooper's buzz baton.
>>
>>62686095

Welcome to JJ Abrams movies.
>>
>>62692848
Yep. There are plenty of good female actors but most directors seem to want the ones that look the part rather than the ones that can play it and put an interesting personality to it.
>>
>>62690924

Really? Because there's a whole lot in that trailer spot right there that shows it's just as terrible as those movies. You idiots are so willing to let yourselves get sucked in, again, that you won't open your eyes.
>>
>>62690924

How fucking delusional are you?

Do you not remember the pre-release Phantom Menace hype? Twin lightsaber darth maul alone gave every SW fan a raging boner.

And then it was shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.