[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There were people on SomethingAwful that honestly felt this was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Skyline_Poster.jpg (60 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
Skyline_Poster.jpg
60 KB, 300x444
There were people on SomethingAwful that honestly felt this was on of the best sci-fi movies of the decade. One even compared it to Blade Runner, believing that Skyline, like that film, would later get the recognition it deserved long after it's release date.

What are some of the most retarded opinions you've heard about televisions and film?
>>
>>62682906
Battle Los Angeles was worse
>>
>>62682932
As was Battleship.
>>
File: 1353657739560.jpg (28 KB, 492x395) Image search: [Google]
1353657739560.jpg
28 KB, 492x395
> Season 2 of TWD was great!
> You just didn't like it because they toned down the zombies/gore/action and upped the character development
>>
>Anyone unironically defending The Twilight Saga and not realizing how much of a fucking shitshow it is, both technically and narratively.

>people who only like Avatar because of its CGI

>Anyone excusing the Transformers movies for any reason

>people who paid to see all of the Paranormal Activity movies and then complain about Horror films not being scary anymore, or even going as far as refusing to watch anything made before 2009

>anyone refusing to watch a movie if it isnt in color

Fuck this shit makes me so mad

>>62683940
I personally didnt mind season 2, character development is always a good thing. Dropped that shit about halfway through s3 though, hated the prison plot and the governor was fucking stupid.
>>
>shitting on a dead gay forum

SA was to 4chan what 4chan is to Reddit today.
>>
>>62682906
>What are some of the most retarded opinions you've heard about televisions and film?

Game Of Thrones is good.
>>
>>62682906

There was a poster named SMG on SA that would break down films in two ways: if it was a blockbuster film, he would inevitability say it's subtext was a commentary on blockbuster films in general. It it wasn't a blockbuster, he'd usually say it was about the Internet, even if the film's production and release predated the invention of the Internet itself.
>>
>>62684712
The first Twilight was hilarious and I generally enjoyed it.
>>
>>62682906
>even compared it to Blade Runner
Preposterous. Skyline is watchable.
>>
>>62682906
>SomethingAweful for any reason ever
>>
File: svankmajer3.gif (2 MB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
svankmajer3.gif
2 MB, 500x359
>>62682906
That doesn't even seem possible. I'm not generally the one to throw insults around, but what a bunch of utter fucking retards.
>>
>>62682906
>Reminder that they're making a Skyline sequel starring Iko Uwais
>>
>>62689234
huh.

the special effects were pretty good, but the dialogue was fucking appalling and none of the characters were at all sympathetic. i tended to think of them as whiny bitches #1 through 6.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 296x217) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 296x217
>>62683940
>>
File: 1399011305302.jpg (149 KB, 567x461) Image search: [Google]
1399011305302.jpg
149 KB, 567x461
>>62682906
>SomethingAwful
>paying to use a forum
>>
>>62683785
>Battleship
Battleship was fun as shit though.
>>
>>62682906
>SA
>retardation

this is noteworthy how?

>>62684756
>>>/sa/

T E N D O L L A R S
E
N
D
O
L
L
A
R
S
>>
>>62685530
same. twilight may be flawed, but it's enjoyable.
>>
>>62690435
You have to be over 18 to post here
being male helps too
>>
Skyline should of ended with eating of retard brains.. that would more sense with in the whole theme of the film.
>>
>>62684712
>tripfags who complain on /tv/ about stupid shit
>>
>>62682906
>>62685240
smg is honestly the best poster on any internet community i have ever encountered. his humongous zizek-quoting posts are actually entertaining to read and it's hilarious to watch an entire thread have a meltdown as they try and fail to argue against his positions. there is a huge star wars thread where smg has been arguing that a. star wars fans do not actually like star wars and b. the prequels are actually good. he is winning both arguments while also reinterpreting all 6 star wars movies as a quasi-christian marxist parable. it's the most fun i've had reading an internet forum in years.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.