[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JAPANESE CINEMA THREAD whos the best jap director? The best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: p7912025_d_v7_aa.jpg (70 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p7912025_d_v7_aa.jpg
70 KB, 480x720
JAPANESE CINEMA THREAD

whos the best jap director? The best living is Sion Sono pic related so who WAS the best?

why are japs so cool?
>>
takashi miike

because you confuse absurdism with ideas
>>
>>62681301

Kobayashi
>>
File: image.jpg (839 KB, 1848x2031) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
839 KB, 1848x2031
These are just some rough notes on Kurosawa...

Can anyone tell me What is the year in which 'Ran' takes place?
>>
>>62681301
Him

Kitano was very good.
>>
>>62681301
That would be Kurosawa hands down. Living? I'm rather fond of Anno's live action work. Also get out of here Max Landis, we know it's you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFvEcAaZHvE
>>
>>62683460

he's such a douche
>>
>>62681301
>>62682802
Seijun Suzuki wannabes.

>>62682818
Pretty good.

>>62683460
Probably the most overrated director who has ever lived.
>>
Kitano is still alive and is still the best. Sion is good but I feel like his films lack a cohesive narrative. I can recall several scenes or shots of his in my head but not any significant plot or story points.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mmx8nytIqY1qz4rgp.png (201 KB, 500x249) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mmx8nytIqY1qz4rgp.png
201 KB, 500x249
>>62681301

Anno
>>
my fav is prob mizoguchi or kobayashi
>>
>>62683528
Anno? I know right! The manga of Neon Genesis was better.
>>
For me it is those three:

Masaki Kobayashi
Shohei Imamura
Kenji Mizoguchi

There are others I like, but those three were the best imo.
>>
>>62683616
Great director. Awful writer though. The comparisons to Lucas aren't out of place.

Both created a landmark series. Half of what made each great was because of his team (Anno only cared about the robots). They both create their own studio years later for a reboot The both now had nobody to tell him that their ideas were shit.
>
>>
i love ozu
>>
>>62684033
Everyone does. You can not hate Ozu unless you want to be a contrarian edgelord.
>>
>>62681301
I fucking love this movie. Say whatever you want about >>62683460 but at the end of the day his analysis is pretty spot-on.
>>
Yojiro takita
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.