[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why even bother with the clones shtick? Why not have republic-wide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: AttackOfTheClones.jpg (55 KB, 495x392) Image search: [Google]
AttackOfTheClones.jpg
55 KB, 495x392
Why even bother with the clones shtick? Why not have republic-wide conscription? I mean by ep IV they weren't even clones anymore, so what's the point? Just to make them faceless drones who can die by the thousands so it would be more appealing to children?
>>
Clone Wars sounded cool.
>>
File: ramen.png (211 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
ramen.png
211 KB, 500x356
>>62676498
cant have a secret army if you're dragging guys out of bars and cantinas and forcing them to drill
>>
>>62676707
Why even bother with a secret army then?

There's literally a war going on. Conscription is perfectly in order.
>>
>>62676498
To have a secret army ready at a moment's notice.
>>
>A Jedi never shown or mentioned before out of nowhere ordered a massive army for the senate behind the Jedi council's back in a time when it was simply not needed at all

It makes zero sense other than as a magical plot point to have the clones enter the picture
>>
The Republic did have its own conscription army as well, the Judicials outnumbered the clones
>>
>>62676498
Because they said the phrase "Clone Wars" in the originals, so Lucas had to have clones involved in some capacity, and this was what he came up with after 2 minutes of deliberation.
>>
>>62676846

It should have involved cloning Jedi for their midichlorians.
>>
>>62676498
>Why even bother with the clones shtick?

Sidious' plan, at the time he had Tyranus commission the clone army at Kamino, was that the Fett clones would essentially be living automatons, nameless, faceless and utterly loyal. A slight, though not at all fatal, wrinkle in his plan was that the clones wound up developing a strong sense of individuality, customizing their armor and adorning themselves with unique markings and names. He'd planned for complications, of course, and had them fitted with neural chips that could force obedience in a number of pre-planned contingencies (Kamino apparently considers such chips to be a regular request, so it was not remarkable to them, and they never mentioned it until one broke down and caused a trooper to kill a Jedi prematurely).

>Why not have republic-wide conscription?

His plan for the war (and remember, the whole thing was planned in advance) necessitated the Republic having a fully-trained army & navy right from the start, so he took steps to see that one would be provided exactly when it was needed, rather than waiting until the shooting started to begin building it. And the clones proved so useful that wide-scale conscription or enlistment proved largely unnecessary. It did happen, it's just the natural recruits didn't mix with the clone legions. As it happened, recruits proved more willing to give into the anonymity Sidious desired in his army than identical clones.

>I mean by ep IV they weren't even clones anymore

The 501st, Vader's Fist, apparently remained Fett clones to the end. The rest were phased out simply because their accelerated aging reduced their useful lifetime.
>>
I think Lucas was fairly committed to the idea he was making a movie for babies. He wanted a galactic war, but war is a kind of heavy subject. Robots vs. Clones is one of the least horrific ways you could do a war since neither side seems really human. A blast goes off, a ship is going down in the clone wars cartoon and what do you actually get? A couple of lost numbers.
>>
>>62676707
>secret army
>giant space ships
>large mecha tanks
>shitloads of guns and armor

Yeah, so secret. Especially since according to official books Acclamators were build by fucking Kuat.

Lucas is just retarded.
>>
>>62676498

Yeah I never like the clones, the prequels would have had more impact if the people in the white uniforms where normal people.
In fact, in the Old Republic they do that and it fits well.

Only question is how order 66 could happen, although maybe it should've been Darth Vader who went on to hunt them all down.
>>
>>62676498
because obi wan mentioned clone wars in the good movies
>>
Because the clone wars was mentioned in the original movie so Lucas felt he needed to shoehorn it into the prequels
>>
>>62678662
>>62678673

There are hundreds of ways you could make a war with clones involved.
>>
>>62676498
Did you even watch the movie? The clones were loyal to Sideous.
>>
>>62678729

normal soldiers vs enhanced clones could have been better than droids vs clones
>>
>>62678796

Now ask yourself, why?

They were programmed by dudes who thought Jedi ordered them.

And they programmed a "kill all Jedi" order into their heads without asking.
>>
>>62676987
That's the idea Timothy Zahn took when writing the Thrawn Trilogy, which is why we have the Jorus C'Boath, Luke, Mara Jade clones all chilling on Wayland with the cloning cylinders.
>>
File: Sheev's army.webm (2 MB, 936x400) Image search: [Google]
Sheev's army.webm
2 MB, 936x400
Did the Jedi ever tell they Senate that the clone army was ordered by a Jedi who was suppose to be dead at the time? Did they tell them that the clone army was made up entirely of a guy that was Dooku's right hand man? Did they ever ask how a huge army for the Republic just appeared right when they needed it?
>>
>>62677015
Question about the whole "chip" thing. I don't remember that being mentioned at all until the very end of the Clone Wars series, which seems like a cop-out to me. I never got into it much so I'm not very familiar with the details other than Fives dies somehow finding the truth?
>>
>>62679059
Still can't believe all the clones were CGI, surely it wouldn't have hurt to have a few costumed actors in for smaller scenes? Specifically I'm thinking of the one where Padme and the Clones shoot at Dooku's ship at the end of AotC.
>>
>>62679059
One thing that bothers me is that there arent that many clones
one of the aliens mentions to obi one that they have 200k ready, and another million on the way

this would be sufficient for one country, but lucas is a retard and just doesnt realise how big a galaxy is. Theres should be like 500 million soldiers ready to go and Billions more on the way

REEEE HATE THE LOGIC IN THESE FILMS
>>
File: Dooku escape.webm (3 MB, 936x400) Image search: [Google]
Dooku escape.webm
3 MB, 936x400
>>62679113
>>
>>62679148
It depends, the war might be on a few strategic planets so you might not need a galaxy-sizes army (I'm going by the films alone here, haven't seen the TV show). Also, it's a silly sci-fi adventure, who cares about one line mentioning some troop figures.
>>
>>62679148

In 1945 USA had 12 million soldiers.

That's one country on one planet. Lucas is dumb as shit.
>>
>>62676498
1.) clones are sci fi

2.) clones were mentioned In ep 4

3.) the republic needed a way to have a disciplined combat effective army despite being a corrupt degenerate basket
>>
>>62676498
Lucas didn't think people would notice that the troopers in original movies had unique voices, and didn't really care about the EU. So he wrote it with the intention of them being the origin of the storm troopers, but the EU had to come up with an explanation as to why they weren't clones in the later movies.
>>
>>62676498

>Why even bother with the clones shtick? Why not have republic-wide conscription?

Should have been both.

>Only the clones and loyal planets get the good armor
>The disobedient/questioning planets armys get rebel tier weapons/clothing
>Sepratist armys focuses mostly on those planets to lower resistance
>Sheev explains that there is not enough stock to go around and the clones are expensive and begins replacing the planets security with clone armys
>Massive backstabbing battles ensue in the finale of ROTS with wookiees being put to firing squards etc.
>Sheev explains that the Jedi had the backing of these planets to overthrow the loyalists but the clones were there to help put a stop to it
>Loyalists belive him out of fear of losing power
>>
EP2 clone armor > EP3 clone armor
>>
>>62676498
>luke mentions the clone wars, got to do something with it
>clones can't be the bad guys, don't want jedi carving up tons of living things/getting an R rating
>I know, the clones are the good guys and the jedi will fight robots
damn it george
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.